#31 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 31 March 2011 - 10:23 PM

Coulter takes stances purely based on being the opposite of Obama (or whoever) and relies on the amnesia of her readership to ignore the contradictions. If I take an opposite opinion to Obama on a subject (Libya for example), doesn't mean Coulter suddenly has a valid argument about something. She claimed radiation was safe last week for fuck's sake. I'll give her the half-life of Uranium-238 and then start listening again.
Show me your dragon magic

#32 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 06 April 2011 - 07:23 AM

Rand Paul headstomper's trial date set:

A trial date has been set for the man accused of stepping on a liberal activist while working as a campaign volunteer for U.S. Sen. Rand Paul.

Tim Profitt's attorney, Michael Dean, had filed a motion asking Fayette District Judge Kim Wilkie to dismiss the case because prosecutors needed to establish probable cause, Dean said.

On Tuesday, Wilkie found that there was probable cause in the case and overruled the motion, Dean said. A trial date is scheduled for June 20.

On Oct. 25, a news crew shot footage of Profitt, who lives in Bourbon County, and other Paul supporters restraining Lauren L. Valle, 23, an activist with the liberal group MoveOn.org, outside KET before a debate.

http://www.kentucky....ult-charge.html

#33 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Well really, according to them, she provoked the attack. In fact they were just defending themselves by stepping on her head.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#34 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 06 April 2011 - 12:36 PM

Well really, according to them, she provoked the attack. In fact they were just defending themselves by stepping on her head.

No no, her neck & shoulders. Come on, there's a difference. Clearly, stepping on neck & shoulders does not indicate intent to assault.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#35 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 08:11 AM

ACLU Seeks Records about State Police Searches of Cellphones FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
April 13, 2011

DETROIT – The American Civil Liberties Union of Michigan urged the Michigan State Police (MSP) today to release information regarding the use of portable devices which can be used to secretly extract personal information from cell phones during routine stops.

For nearly three years, the ACLU has repeatedly asked for this information through dozens of Freedom of Information Act requests, but to date it has not been provided.

Read our letter to the Michigan State Police.

“Transparency and government accountability are the bedrocks of our democracy,” said Mark P. Fancher, ACLU of Michigan Racial Justice Project staff attorney. “Through these many requests for information we have tried to establish whether these devices are being used legally. It’s telling that Michigan State Police would rather play this stalling game than respect the public’s right to know.”

Several years ago, MSP acquired portable devices that have the potential to quickly download data from cell phones without the owner of the cellphone knowing.

The ACLU of Michigan expressed concern about the possible constitutional implications of using these devices to conduct suspicionless searches without consent or a search warrant.

In August 2008, the ACLU of Michigan filed its first FOIA request to acquire records, reports and logs of actual use.

Documents provided in response confirmed the existence of these devices, but MSP claimed that the cost of retrieving and assembling the documents that disclose how five of the devices are being used is $544,680. The ACLU was then asked to pay a $272,340 deposit before the organization could receive a single document.

In order to reduce the cost, the ACLU of Michigan narrowed the scope of its request. However, each time the ACLU submitted more narrow requests, MSP claimed that no documents exist for that time period and then it refused to reveal when the devices were used so a proper request could be made.

more: http://www.aclumich....gy/2011-04/1542

#36 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:24 AM

Drug-bashing RI Republican charged with drug use

Robert Watson, a high-ranking Republican state legislator in Rhode Island, is in hot water after being charged with driving under the influence of marijuana and possession of marijuana and drug paraphernalia. Drug charges alone would be bad enough for a public official, but Watson, Rhode Island's House minority leader, is still remembered for his controversial anti-drug, anti-gay and anti-immigrant remarks.

In February, Watson said the Rhode Island legislature had their priorities right "if you are a Guatemalan gay man who likes to gamble and smokes marijuana."

Watson was a guest on a radio show soon after the luncheon where he made the misstep, and in response to the outcry over his comments said, “I reject the suggestion that it's insulting." He went on to say that lawmakers were "preoccupied with a number of issues, primarily social issues," when Watson thought they should focus on the economy.

"I apologize when appropriate and/or necessary," Watson told the Providence Journal in February. "I identify this situation as representing neither circumstance."

more: http://www.rawstory....-with-drug-use/

#37 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 26 April 2011 - 12:29 PM

It fills me with joy to see another example of right-winger hypocrisy at its finest.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#38 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:42 AM

Louisville man arrested and held for 4 days for having brown skin.

http://www.wave3.com...legal-immigrant

#39 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:34 PM

Old, but Olbermann's video about Obama authorizing the execution of a US citizen, away from the battle field, and without due process. As reprehensible as al-Awlaki is, Obama is treading dangerous grounds, and this position moves him far to the right of Bush/Cheney.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gDdWu6SmN3Y[/url]

#40 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

This loser, who is running for a senate seat in Georgia, is one of my neighbors. The major joke (well not if he gets elected) is that his platform is Fiscal Management. Since we have lived here the property value of his home has plumetted from 2.5 million to K$300 in 6 years. It has nothing to do with the economy, and everything to do with dodgy investments. His house was in foreclosure until about a week before announcing his run. The guy is bankrupt, and his wife dumped him. He has no power in the house, and he and his dog live alone in a 7,000sq ft house, well actually they live in the dining room. Friends went to look at the property with a view to buying it and rehabbing it, said it was full of trash, dog turds, and covered in mold due to no power.

Yup, this is who I want representing me in the senate! Posted Image

http://www.ourcampai...andidateID=7283

#41 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:54 PM

This loser, who is running for a senate seat in Georgia, is one of my neighbors. The major joke (well not if he gets elected) is that his platform is Fiscal Management. Since we have lived here the property value of his home has plumetted from 2.5 million to K$300 in 6 years. It has nothing to do with the economy, and everything to do with dodgy investments. His house was in foreclosure until about a week before announcing his run. The guy is bankrupt, and his wife dumped him. He has no power in the house, and he and his dog live alone in a 7,000sq ft house, well actually they live in the dining room. Friends went to look at the property with a view to buying it and rehabbing it, said it was full of trash, dog turds, and covered in mold due to no power.

Yup, this is who I want representing me in the senate! Posted Image

http://www.ourcampai...andidateID=7283

Sounds like a typical Tea Partier to me.

#42 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:55 PM

Oh what a lovely little tea party!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users