41 replies to this topic

#16 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:43 PM

"I have two grandchildren -- Maggie is 11, Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American." --Newt before a bunch of fundagelicals Sunday night

http://www.politico....0311/52023.html

WTF? A secular atheist country dominated by radical Islamists???

amazing some people like this guy Posted Image

#17 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:20 PM

Obama Cried, Kids Died
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#18 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:24 PM

^ Sometimes the truth isn't as rose colored as we'd like it
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#19 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 07:29 PM

Partisan Acrobatics!

#20 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:06 PM

Obama Cried, Kids Died

I couldn't make it through the second paragraph before finding fault with about five points. So I gave up.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#21 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:13 PM

freedom78, here's a "fucked-up-in-Indiana" just for you!

http://thinkprogress...omen-fake-rape/

Indiana GOP Rep Says Women Will Pretend To Be Raped To Get Abortions

Yesterday morning, the Indiana House considered an anti-abortion bill that “would put some of the tightest abortion restrictions in the nation into Indiana law.” Introduced by state Rep. Eric Turner ®, HB 1210 would make most abortions illegal after 20 weeks. Current law restricts abortions after the fetus is viable, generally around 24 weeks.

In an attempt to soften the blow this bill would land on Hoosier women, state Rep. Gail Riecken (D) introduced an amendment to exempt “women who became pregnant due to rape or incest, or women for whom pregnancy threatens their life or could cause serious and irreversible physical harm” from being forced to carry to term. Fearing this bill would “push women to the back alleys" for illegal abortions, Riecken pleaded with lawmakers to allow women to make the choice in these cases.

Turner then stepped to the podium and insisted that Riecken’s amendment would create a “giant loophole” for women. That loophole? Women “could simply say they’ve been raped”:
[blockquote]
TURNER: With all do respect to Rep. Riecken, I understand what she’s trying to do. But as you know that when the federal health care bill was going through Congress there was a lot of discussion whether this would allow for abortion coverage and of course we were all told it would not. And the bill, my house bill 1210, would prevent that for any insurance company to provide abortion coverage under federal health care bill. This [amendment] would open that window and I would ask you to oppose this amendment.

I just want you to think about this, in my view, giant loophole that could be created where someone who could — now i want to be careful, I don’t want to disparage in any way someone who has gone through the experience of a rape or incest — but someone who is desirous of an abortion could simply say that they’ve been raped or there’s incest.
[/blockquote]

#22 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:19 PM

Obama Cried, Kids Died

I Fucked Ann Coulter In The Ass, Hard

#23 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 March 2011 - 08:25 PM

freedom78, here's a "fucked-up-in-Indiana" just for you!

http://thinkprogress...omen-fake-rape/

Indiana GOP Rep Says Women Will Pretend To Be Raped To Get Abortions

Yesterday morning, the Indiana House considered an anti-abortion bill that “would put some of the tightest abortion restrictions in the nation into Indiana law.” Introduced by state Rep. Eric Turner ®, HB 1210 would make most abortions illegal after 20 weeks. Current law restricts abortions after the fetus is viable, generally around 24 weeks.

In an attempt to soften the blow this bill would land on Hoosier women, state Rep. Gail Riecken (D) introduced an amendment to exempt “women who became pregnant due to rape or incest, or women for whom pregnancy threatens their life or could cause serious and irreversible physical harm” from being forced to carry to term. Fearing this bill would “push women to the back alleys" for illegal abortions, Riecken pleaded with lawmakers to allow women to make the choice in these cases.

Turner then stepped to the podium and insisted that Riecken’s amendment would create a “giant loophole” for women. That loophole? Women “could simply say they’ve been raped”:
[blockquote]
TURNER: With all do respect to Rep. Riecken, I understand what she’s trying to do. But as you know that when the federal health care bill was going through Congress there was a lot of discussion whether this would allow for abortion coverage and of course we were all told it would not. And the bill, my house bill 1210, would prevent that for any insurance company to provide abortion coverage under federal health care bill. This [amendment] would open that window and I would ask you to oppose this amendment.

I just want you to think about this, in my view, giant loophole that could be created where someone who could — now i want to be careful, I don’t want to disparage in any way someone who has gone through the experience of a rape or incest — but someone who is desirous of an abortion could simply say that they’ve been raped or there’s incest.
[/blockquote]

I would imagine, and I have no numbers to back this up, that most women who have an abortion would do so as early as possible. Why go through bodily changes and the risk of growing attached to the pregnancy if you aren't going to keep it? So this law serves very little purpose in my mind. It cuts four weeks off the process, needlessly. This will have very little effect, yet it's purely done as an attack on women. I have my own problems with abortion, but if it's going to be legal then any line drawn before viability is completely arbitrary.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#24 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 March 2011 - 09:56 PM

I hate the hypocrisy of the Republicans claiming they want smaller government but they don't mind making laws about social issues, sticking their noses into people's bedrooms and wombs and wanting to monitor if someone takes part in a demonstration so they can take away things like food stamps and teacher's certificates if they do. I'm am so upset over the Republicans trying to union bust that I'm livid over the state newscasts coming out of places like WI, MI and OH.

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 31 March 2011 - 01:21 AM

"I have two grandchildren -- Maggie is 11, Robert is 9," Gingrich said at Cornerstone Church here. "I am convinced that if we do not decisively win the struggle over the nature of America, by the time they're my age they will be in a secular atheist country, potentially one dominated by radical Islamists and with no understanding of what it once meant to be an American." --Newt before a bunch of fundagelicals Sunday night

http://www.politico....0311/52023.html

WTF? A secular atheist country dominated by radical Islamists???

Sounds about right with how they always talk, not that any of them would notice the conflict there.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#26 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:50 AM

One good thing with the Republican field----none of them can pick on Trump's numerous marriages and divorces in the primaries without also picking on Gingrich's and vise visa. I'm not a Trump fan but at least he never painted himself as the Family Values guys. Newt was leading the charge against Bill Clinton while secretly having his affair. Talk about a disgusting, hypocritical human being. If one of them becomes the party's pick then the Democrats and tabloids will have a field day digging up the sleaze factor.

#27 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:51 PM

Obama Cried, Kids Died

I couldn't make it through the second paragraph before finding fault with about five points. So I gave up.

The important thing is you tried!

#28 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Obama Cried, Kids Died

Do you suffer the same problem when you read one of the articles from Salon.com or an editorial from the NY Times? I understand some of her points are hyperbole, but it doesn't diminish the larger point that all those college kids and Cindy Sheehan supporters crying about Bush for about 4 years are now largely silent that a Democrat is in the White House. You're on a college campus. Are the protests nearly as large and vocal as they were leading up to the Iraq war?
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#29 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 03:23 PM

Obama Cried, Kids Died

I Fucked Ann Coulter In The Ass, Hard

If Chris Matthew's Hard Ball had a Penthouse Forum letters section that would be the lead article.

#30 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 31 March 2011 - 09:41 PM

Montana Teabagger supports drunk driving as an economic benefit to the state.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl_QNa-bCKc&feature=player_embedded[/url]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users