#61 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 20 June 2011 - 07:59 PM

US version of Torchwood coming soonish also. MIght rule, might suck, might be ok :D
Show me your dragon magic

#62 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

An epic battle between writing/proofreading an algebra book and a 6 hour Game of Thrones marathon was fought in my apartment today. GoT won. Probably get through the last two episodes tonight also.

#63 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 09:28 AM

I watched the Story of Lassie and the Frontline special on Bernie Madoff last night.

The latter was quite mindboggling while the former made me miss my Collie very much Posted Image
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#64 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 22 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

I'm still getting thru Party of Five, on season 5 now. Taking a long time.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#65 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 22 June 2011 - 11:06 AM

Got through GoT and loved it, ordered the books now of course! I really like how it doesn't follow predictable arcs like most fantasy stuff, no obvious end point (destroying the ring) and no good/evil divide. Trying not to get attached to characters but hoping Tyrien, Arya and Sam make it at least a little further.

#66 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:45 PM

Got through GoT and loved it, ordered the books now of course! I really like how it doesn't follow predictable arcs like most fantasy stuff, no obvious end point (destroying the ring) and no good/evil divide. Trying not to get attached to characters but hoping Tyrien, Arya and Sam make it at least a little further.

I am loving the books. surprised that they have been such a page turners. on book 3 and the 5th book comes out july 12 I think. I wonder if that is the "end" or not.

#67 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 25 July 2011 - 09:26 PM

I have finally finished all of Party of Five.....I'm ok. I did not weep. I dragged it out as long as I could so it's weird I'm done now but ya know, I found a site that plays all the full episodes of season 1 of The Walking Dead so I'm good!!!! LOL. Weird, I didn't cry. Not like the finale of Lost....holy crap, I lost it for that one man. For a couple weeks I mourned Lost. Anywho, I'm done, finally! Woohoo!

#68 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 29 July 2011 - 09:09 AM

Now I know a majority of you are intellectuals & consider reality tv beneath you, but did any of you watch the very first season of Road Rules on MTV, back in '95? I'm rewatching the episodes on Hulu. I always wanted to be on that show rather than Real World because you actually get to travel & do stuff.

#69 MrsBrisby

MrsBrisby

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Now I know a majority of you are intellectuals & consider reality tv beneath you, but did any of you watch the very first season of Road Rules on MTV, back in '95? I'm rewatching the episodes on Hulu. I always wanted to be on that show rather than Real World because you actually get to travel & do stuff.

I loved Road Rules and the first season of the Real World. They did get to travel to a lot of cool places on RR. But, some of the challenges were a bit extreme. I think they bungee jumped from a skyscraper once.

I can't wait for Dexter to start back in October.

#70 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 08:53 PM

I loved Road Rules and the first season of the Real World. They did get to travel to a lot of cool places on RR. But, some of the challenges were a bit extreme. I think they bungee jumped from a skyscraper once.

I can't wait for Dexter to start back in October.

Oh, very cool that you like them too! I believe they bungeed from the Needle in Seattle. Do you watch any of the Challenges on Mtv? Yes, I admit, I watch them.

#71 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:51 PM

Now I know a majority of you are intellectuals & consider reality tv beneath you.

Yep

#72 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:14 PM

Sons Of Anarchy was a pretty solid premier last night.

#73 MrsBrisby

MrsBrisby

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 11:29 PM

Oh, very cool that you like them too! I believe they bungeed from the Needle in Seattle. Do you watch any of the Challenges on Mtv? Yes, I admit, I watch them.

I watched just about every season. It would be nice to see some of those old episodes. Do they show them on MTV now?

#74 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

I watched just about every season. It would be nice to see some of those old episodes. Do they show them on MTV now?

I'm pretty sure they have older ones on Hulu.com. They just finished the newest season of The Challenge:Rivals so you can watch most of those on Mtv.com

#75 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:23 AM

Now I know a majority of you are intellectuals & consider reality tv beneath you.

Yep

You're missing some awesome trashy entertainment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users