582 replies to this topic

#31 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:57 AM

I haven't seen Cathouse. They show a group of gigolos in their daily lives, with their clients, and with their real lovers. Up close, personal, absolutely everything.

#32 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 11 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

Fox cancelled The Chicago Code, The Human Target, and one of my favorites, Lie To Me. You suck Fox!

#33 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:05 PM

FOX canceled Firefly. They are dead to me.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#34 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 11 May 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yeah but doesn't fox still have american idol? Lol, kidding, I could care less about that show.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#35 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:31 PM

I know you know I know you know this but Firefly was awesome. Glad you (and I think Metaljim from arrmo) turned me on to it.
Show me your dragon magic

#36 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 11 May 2011 - 07:52 PM

SyFy runs Serenity every once in a while.

Great theme song to this show...

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYKIJvdcjz8[/url]
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#37 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 12 May 2011 - 02:54 PM

Love the Firefly theme song.

#38 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 12 May 2011 - 09:30 PM

Word Bitch!!!

#39 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 09:26 AM

Fox also cancelled Dark Angel - who doesn't want a solid hour of Jessica Alba in leather?!?
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#40 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 May 2011 - 10:05 AM

Fox also cancelled Dark Angel - who doesn't want a solid hour of Jessica Alba in leather?!?

Some asshole at fox!!!!

#41 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 13 May 2011 - 07:29 PM

Been watching some Sopranos episodes again as I lay down to go to sleep. Watched the whole series before but forgot how brilliant those first few seasons were. I'd consider it one of the greatest series ever made based on the first two seasons alone. Unfortunate his mother died in real life between seasons 2 and 3. Altered the course of the series completely as the dysfunctional relationship between Tony and his mother was one of the things that made the series so original. Would love to know how the series as a whole would have turned out had she not died..
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#42 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 May 2011 - 09:50 AM

The Sopranos is my favourite series of all time (besides Red Dwarf anyway, but I've got a rather irrational love for that). I imagine they would've killed Tony's mother off at some point anyway, but it's an interesting question. There's a real lack of focus in series three and four, and I'm sure things would've been different with Nancy Marchand around. Firefly was brilliant. Shame it got canned.
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#43 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:25 AM

I imagine they would've killed Tony's mother off at some point anyway, but it's an interesting question. There's a real lack of focus in series three and four, and I'm sure things would've been different with Nancy Marchand around.

I doubt she would have lasted the entire series as well. Their dysfunctional relationship was brilliant and I loved how her and uncle June were like a tag team nemesis to Tony. They helped keep him in check so to speak and the series lost that with her death and Junior's role in the series changed once the show lost that element. I loved Junior but once his role in the series changed/was minimized he should have been killed off(or simply died during the cancer scare).

Lack of focus in three and four? Those seasons are pure gold compared to the final two seasons. While season six had a few really good episodes, it was a cluster fuck. Tony basically had a skeleton crew, the NJ crew did not seem to be as powerful as we were led to believe in the beginning, and it felt like they were just making it up as they went along. The all out war that occurred in season six should have happened in 3-4 between Tony-Johnny Sack- Carmine during that Espanade(however you spell it) ordeal.. Would have been stellar as most of the great characters were still alive at that point.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#44 wedjat

wedjat

Uber bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,691 posts
  • LocationThe drunkest state north of the mason-dixon line

Posted 16 May 2011 - 12:04 PM

I started watching season 1 of Welcome Back Kotter last night.....just couldn't get into it. Although damn if that theme song isn't totally soothing, seriously. Just lay back & listen to the whole thing w/your eyes closed.
How many times have I told you not to play with the dirty money??

#45 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:14 PM

I have been watching the following shows of late: Community - the recent 2-part paintball episode was great Raising Hope - has its moments and kind of quirky Big Bang Theory - still really good after a few years

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users