63 replies to this topic

#16 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 12:42 PM

warning....don't look if you have a dental appt.......
Posted Image
Posted Image

sir larry was a great villian in this flick

#17 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 25 June 2011 - 09:48 PM

The worst thing is if major work does have to be done - the shots in the mouth. .

Even though I have a needle phobia, I love the shots in the mouth.

Marathon Man is one of my favorite films.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#18 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:25 AM

Anybody remember the dentist in this movie? The pulled all the guy's teeth out? Posted Image

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqbuWpkoth0[/url]
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#19 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:21 PM

The worst thing is if major work does have to be done - the shots in the mouth. .

Even though I have a needle phobia, I love the shots in the mouth.

Marathon Man is one of my favorite films.

marathon man is in my top fav's as well. they did a great job making you feel tense for sure.

#20 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 12:26 PM

Anybody remember the dentist in this movie? The pulled all the guy's teeth out? Posted Image

gad I never heard of that one, it must of gone straight to video. I cracked up in the hangover when the guy had his tooth out and all bloodied. what a silly movie

#21 Conservaliberalist

Conservaliberalist

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 26 June 2011 - 07:57 PM

No fear of the dentist here - my grandfather was a dentist; he was our family dentist, and so I grew up with monthly dental cleanings. When my mom had to get some work done, my grandfather would send me and my sister to the corner pharmacy, which was also a soda fountain. And we'd get ice cream while mom was getting her work done. Then we'd come back, and Papa would give us rides on the chair, and Nora the hygienist would fuss over us, and we'd get a quick-cleaning and a toy from the kid's box. Every couple of months Papa would close for lunch on a Saturday and we'd go across the street to the diner for grilled pastrami and swiss on rye. My current dentist - sucks. And, I have a phobia of the drill, which is quickly resolved with around 30 seconds of nitrous oxide. But no, no fear of the dentist at all.

#22 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 June 2011 - 10:56 PM

gad I never heard of that one, it must of gone straight to video. I cracked up in the hangover when the guy had his tooth out and all bloodied. what a silly movie

Naw, it was a great flick, very funny. There was a dentist scene was painful to see. Posted Image

#23 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

Dentist said my teeth are fine this week; however I still have frequent sharp shooting pains from one upper molar. Maybe it's paranoia or karma for starting this thread Posted Image
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#24 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:05 AM

Dentist said my teeth are fine this week; however I still have frequent sharp shooting pains from one upper molar. Maybe it's paranoia or karma for starting this thread Posted Image

axl, when I went in I was told I am all a-ok but every now and agin I get a slight pain but I figured they x-rayed me so if something was wrong they would of found it. maybe it is just normal stuff. try not to worry

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 July 2011 - 01:18 AM

I've found as I get older I am very sensitive to cold. I eat things differently or let them sit out and warm up a bit first. Sucks...

#26 BlowUpYourVideo

BlowUpYourVideo

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 670 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 15 July 2011 - 06:00 AM

My dentist has retired apparently. I was due to see him later this month, but the day has been changed. He was quite good, hopefully I don't get an Isaac Yankem-type.... (old-school wrestling reference FTW Posted Image):

[url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3vpoB1PTww]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3vpoB1PTww[/url]

I've felt a few sharp pains in one of my teeth when I've been eating sometimes. I've started to try and avoid chewing as much with that part of my mouth but it's not really convenient....
"If you've got a knife on your person and you're not in a kitchen, you're going to jail. You're not going round your mate's house to slice a fucking pear are you?" - Noel Gallagher

#27 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 19 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

I've found as I get older I am very sensitive to cold. I eat things differently or let them sit out and warm up a bit first. Sucks...

I like ice cream, but it does not like my teeth.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 July 2011 - 12:22 PM

Had a cleaning yesterday...all good. Posted Image

#29 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 July 2011 - 01:20 PM

Cleaning today.....all good. Guess this is the thing you do when your family is away. :D
Show me your dragon magic

#30 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:48 PM

Went back to dentist for some work today - he gave me a $50 Deep Purple fan discount :D He did my cleaning on Tuesday also, even though the hygienest was there just so he could talk to me (at me) about music I think.
Show me your dragon magic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users