Photo

The iThing thread ( iPod ... iPhone ... iPad ... )

• Please log in to reply
116 replies to this topic

#61 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:29 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image
Show me your dragon magic

#62 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:23 PM

My daughter didn't need to be shown how to use an iPhone touch/swipe interface - just came naturally. Computer took a little more but not much. Caught her searching youtube for who knows what the other day. Yes, I'm the bad parent y'all vilify for letting their kid on the internet unsupervised.

Nothing wrong with the 'trust but verify approach' to parenting. You can always click on the 'history' to see where she goes if she starts acting like she's trying to hide something from you when you come in the room.

#63 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

what a artist with the shaver the guy that did that head of hair!

#64 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:03 PM

My daughter didn't need to be shown how to use an iPhone touch/swipe interface - just came naturally. Computer took a little more but not much. Caught her searching youtube for who knows what the other day. Yes, I'm the bad parent y'all vilify for letting their kid on the internet unsupervised.

Nothing wrong with the 'trust but verify approach' to parenting. You can always click on the 'history' to see where she goes if she starts acting like she's trying to hide something from you when you come in the room.

We had the parental control for OS X on for a while but it was a pain in the ass to deal with, plus she'd soon work her way around it I'm sure. This is a 7 year old who had boys in her 1st grade class but now apparently has guys in her second grade class. Scary times..... :D

#65 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 09:43 AM

The funny thing is if my kids come across something unsavory on line they are more likely to be grossed out and squeal for my assistance than just sit and watch it. My husband smashed his iPhone AGAIN. I'm getting pretty good at repairing these stupid things.

#66 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 October 2011 - 10:02 AM

Posted Image

My first look made me think "Gandhi".
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#67 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:04 AM

The funny thing is if my kids come across something unsavory on line they are more likely to be grossed out and squeal for my assistance than just sit and watch it.

I realized I do have the parental control still on, I guess I had unblocked youtube or something. It was the simple finder I had turned off.

My husband smashed his iPhone AGAIN. I'm getting pretty good at repairing these stupid things.

My iPhone case is quite chunky and seems to have protected it from drop damage. We just got square trade insurance for the new iPhone which has better damage replacement than AT&T or applecare.

#68 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:41 AM

My iPhone case is quite chunky and seems to have protected it from drop damage. We just got square trade insurance for the new iPhone which has better damage replacement than AT&T or applecare.

He runs a lot, the droppage seems to occur when he is removing it from the protective case and transferring it to the running armband. But i"ll look into Square Trade, thanks.

#69 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

^^ You can only buy it for a recently purchased phone but worth remembering if you get a new phone

#70 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

We are waiting for the 5 to come out so we can replace his. The home button corrodes frequently due to sweat. These phones are not designed with athletes in mind.

#71 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 03:31 PM

zim, your hubby runs with his i-hone? Posted Image can he chat while he runs? Posted Image

#72 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 15 October 2011 - 05:27 PM

iRun!!!

#73 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 15 October 2011 - 07:34 PM

zim, your hubby runs with his i-hone? Posted Image can he chat while he runs? Posted Image

He uses a GPS app to track his mileage and pace, and he listens to music.

#74 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 December 2011 - 05:42 PM

Posted Image

#75 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 07 December 2011 - 11:35 PM

I always hated those fucking commercials.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users