#17 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:07 AM

I say go for it. If you don't like it, you can always apply somewhere else. I mean - the hours and days off and not having to drive all over would be enough to convince me!

#18 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 11:29 PM

Today one of my former patients and her daughter and son were in a bad car accident. Her daughter died, and she and her son are in critical condition Fucking weird spending months inside someone's home getting to know them and then something like this happens. Makes me realize anytime u walk out of your house.. it could be your last... Gives me chills. Def makes me want to absolutely consider switching jobs now.. All the driving on these two lane/curvy crappy roads is extremely dangerous. I got one patient i am making lots of progress with... and I just can't bring myself to leave her.. She is bed ridden and most therapists do just enough to call it a visit and leave but I am really dedicated to this one. So Maybe after she is discharged and we've reached her goals.. I may do it. I'm not saying I am anything special as a Therapist, most of what I do, anybody could do.. but this one is different. I feel like I am really making a difference cause The Dr's told her daughter to take her off the vent and let her die.. So to have her now, where she an walk 10 feet and almost is able to come off the vent is remarkable. Every therapist she had before me didn't do shit for her but a few bed exercises... I believed in this lady and really pushed her to the limit and tried shit most wouldn't and it has worked. So its the one I am gonna remember when i am 70 years old.. it has changed my life working with this lady.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#19 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:40 AM

That's great man. That's what it is all about. Changing even one life is huge, because it can then indirectly change so many others. Sorry about the car wreck. One thing I've learned as time goes on is that you just never know.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#20 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:57 AM

Therapists can makes such a huge difference, especially when both the patient and the therapist believe certain goals are achievable. Doctors sometimes under-value will power and determination with the serious cases like your favorite patient. Best of luck to both of you. When the time is right for you to change employers, you'll know it.

#21 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:08 PM

sending condolences to you D what a horrible thing. I would bet when you connect with someone and you can make their life better it is an amazing feeling.

#22 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 01:44 PM

Sorry to hear that D - that's awful and sad. Nice to see that you are finding what you do to be very rewarding! Best wishes!

#23 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Well, today was really shitty. That lady ended up dying and i had another guy i saw for a while die today also.......... Def the downside working with the elderly I've never been good at just being "professional" either... I can't help but to build genuine friendships with the people i treat.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#24 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:09 PM

my god D how horrible. most people go to work and have a bad day because the boss was an ass. your job has such extremes. sending you lots of warm aloha

#25 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 October 2011 - 10:19 PM

Sending hugs your way, "D".

#26 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 October 2011 - 12:52 AM

You can't not be human man, don't beat yourself for having a connection with out people. That's a trait to admire.

#27 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 11:47 PM

These dirty bastards at work We had a HUGE mandatory meeting today and the boss comes in and gives us these papers from corporate Turns out they are wanting to: 1.slash our paid time off in half I get 12 days per year.. down to 6 2. We can't cash in excess paid time off anymore. 3. no Christmas bonus 4. Benefit cuts are coming first of year 5. They are currently paying us .45 cents per mile.. They are talking of dropping it to either .38 cents OR getting rid of it all together! Getting rid of it would cost me roughly 800 dollar per month. SO, I got my ass online tonight, found that their is another home health agency hiring and from what I hear they pay better than where i currently am..... So, I put in an application just now. Time to jump off this fucking Titanic.

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 October 2011 - 12:19 AM

Business as usual in America. Get your sign ready and go OWS!

#29 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:31 AM

Good luck with that, D.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#30 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:41 PM

What happened to the offer from the PT facility?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users