Photo

Changing Jobs

• Please log in to reply
89 replies to this topic

#46 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2011 - 11:28 PM

This new Job isn't the Jizz moper at the nudes booth is it?

I wish!

I don't know why I am having such a hard time making this decision though...

WAYYYYYY more money, more stability,better benefits................

I have always been too nice.... If i were just a bit more of an asshole, my life would be so much easier/better.

I put the concerns of others over my own way too much

Patients are used to a constant turn-over of therapists and health-care aids, etc.. Don't feel guilty about doing what is best for you. You'll be making a whole new set of clients happy with your dedication Be glad that you're a nice person who cares about the people you meet. That's a great quality to have in your profession and, believe me, patients figure out really fast who cares and who is just showing up for the paychecks.

#47 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 12:11 AM

Thanks! That is def true. U can tell in your program at school quickly those people also. The money is just a nice bonus for me. I like the personal satisfaction the most
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#48 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:38 PM

D, change is always hard, especially when you like everyone and they almost feel like family. you will become close with the new crew. go for it. put yourself first. the happier and more comfortaable you are the better job you can do. good luck you will do great

#49 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 09 November 2011 - 10:46 PM

In all seriousness good luck , D! Change can be tough but sometimes it for the best.

#50 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 10:25 AM

Last update: I have decided to stay with my current company: I got a phone call from the main lady of the company that hired me, and she was practically in tears and begging me to give her a chance to do whatever it took to keep me. Told me how much everyone loved me and how they just could not let me go. So she asked for 24 hours to gather up some type of counter offer. Of course I wanted to hear what they had to say so I said sure: Only took 10 minutes till she called me back with a counter offer that alleviated every concern I had. back story: Right now, Im doing Per Visit Home Health. Basically If I make visits, I get paid.. If I don't, I make zero So, when Business is booming, I make great money HOWEVER, when business is low or I get a bunch of missed visits due to DR appointments etc.. My checks get low and i get stressed cause then i have a hard time paying bills etc. So anyway, She offered me a 40 hour per week Pay, where I get guaranteed money the same as if i saw 32 patients per week *Entire time I have worked here, I have hit 32 visits Maybe 8 times* So Even if i only have 20 visits that week, I still get paid like i saw 32. Anything i work over 40 hours is time and a half.. So they can't just load me down with as many as humanly possible for that pay. I LOVE working on Sats for extra money, So to make up the difference in pay from the other company's offer, She is gonna let me work however many Saturdays I want for time and a half an that almost matches other offer dollar for dollar. I'd be leaving a couple hundred on the table, but This is the only job I've ever been 100 percent happy at. I never dread going to work, Honestly haven't felt like I've worked a day. The benefits she told me not to worry about as they Did whtat they did just till the first of the year to see what the Medicare cuts were gonna be. So she told me the cuts were nowhere as bad as they feared, and for me not to worry that my gas mileage would not be effected and our benefits would be restored in full by first of the year. Also, With this company, I am the ONLY one covering 2 offices.... SO my job is 100 percent safe.. As there is no one else at my position. I definitely feel appreciated and not like a replaceable monkey. Her phone call meant so much to me, I absolutely didnt want to leave. The other company is a giant corporation, I would've been one of 14 other Therapist.... The last guy quit cause his visits dropped significantly and he was driving 150 miles per day.....I heard they were super picky about everything,documentation has to be perfect etc.. u are more micro managed. At my current job, takes me 5 minutes to do my documentation an I come and go as i please. Make my own schedule, really answer to nobody.. There, I would've been that nameless/faceless spoke on a wheel one of many Here i kinda have that big fish in a small pond thing going and I enjoy the security of knowing that. So yeah, added it all up, and I feel great about it.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#51 Felina

Felina

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 11:52 AM

Congratulations! "I never dread going to work, Honestly haven't felt like I've worked a day." Felling like that is treasure. Glad it all worked out for you.
"You will never have a pirate ship they cost millions moron."

#52 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

"D": That's sounds like a great outcome for you!

#53 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 13 November 2011 - 01:09 AM

That's great, D! I'm happy for you! I didn't know all that when I responded on FB. Good for you!

#54 Hula

Hula

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 12:30 PM

D what great news, congrats

#55 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 09:01 PM

I got one patient i am making lots of progress with... and I just can't bring myself to leave her.. She is bed ridden and most therapists do just enough to call it a visit and leave but I am really dedicated to this one.So Maybe after she is discharged and we've reached her goals.. I may do it.I'm not saying I am anything special as a Therapist, most of what I do, anybody could do.. but this one is different. I feel like I am really making a difference cause The Dr's told her daughter to take her off the vent and let her die..So to have her now, where she an walk 10 feet and almost is able to come off the vent is remarkable. Every therapist she had before me didn't do shit for her but a few bed exercises... I believed in this lady and really pushed her to the limit and tried shit most wouldn't and it has worked. So its the one I am gonna remember when i am 70 years old.. it has changed my life working with this lady.

Sadly.. this lady passed away today. I am absolutely gutted. I saw and treated her yesterday. Was supposed to go back today, didn't get an answer.. went to the office and they told me she had a heart attack last night.. and passed away today....worst part about this career. most I only see for 4-6 weeks and I am gone.. don't get too attached etc.. This one though.... felt like my grandma. Tough stuff.

#56 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:15 PM

That's a tough one. I'd imagine that could become draining after a while.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#57 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 January 2012 - 11:18 PM

Ever work with TORN muscles?

I was jogging over a couple of weeks ago and my calf felt like it cramped up. I had to immediately stop jogging and walked the rest of the way. I tried to jog one more time, but it wasn't happening. It's been a while now and the leg is still sore. Hurts even when I'm not moving. I can walk fine, no limp, but it burns like a mofo. I'm guessing I may have actually torn the muscle rather than just a pull. I feel a knot by my shin bone, but the rest of the leg isn't really swollen or anything. How long until this shit gets better? What should I be doing to help it heal? I'd like to get exercising again.

#58 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:01 AM

Ever work with TORN muscles?

I was jogging over a couple of weeks ago and my calf felt like it cramped up. I had to immediately stop jogging and walked the rest of the way. I tried to jog one more time, but it wasn't happening. It's been a while now and the leg is still sore. Hurts even when I'm not moving. I can walk fine, no limp, but it burns like a mofo. I'm guessing I may have actually torn the muscle rather than just a pull. I feel a knot by my shin bone, but the rest of the leg isn't really swollen or anything. How long until this shit gets better? What should I be doing to help it heal? I'd like to get exercising again.

If you pulled it, you would def have swelling and walking would even be difficult. it would more than burn. sounds like your calve muscles are just really tight. your hamstrings prob are too which throws the whole thing out of balance and u prob have pulled it.

go up on your toes and see how bad the pain is.

if not bad. u need to stretch and strengthen. alternating Ice to heat every 10 mins for an hour helps also.

stretch: against the wall, put one leg back, keep it straight and push into wall with hands...do that 5 times, hold each for 20 secs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByH6Nd2jF0

Then bend your knee and do the same thing. Bending knee stretches the Soleus muscle which works in concert with Gastroc or Calve muscle.. u stretch calve with leg straight, soleus with leg bent.

get a towel or a sheet,, lie on your back, put towel or what have u around your foot and pull toes toward your head.. 5 times hold 20 secs. to stretch hamstring, keep towel around toes and keep your leg straight and raise it off the bed as high as u can tolerate.. feel good stretch.. hold 20 secs x 5.

strengthen hold some dumbells and do calve/toe raises

#59 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 19 January 2012 - 12:31 AM

Sadly.. this lady passed away today. I am absolutely gutted. I saw and treated her yesterday. Was supposed to go back today, didn't get an answer.. went to the office and they told me she had a heart attack last night.. and passed away today....worst part about this career. most I only see for 4-6 weeks and I am gone.. don't get too attached etc.. This one though.... felt like my grandma. Tough stuff.

Ah that sucks dude. Sorry to hear about this.

#60 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 January 2012 - 12:18 AM

If you pulled it, you would def have swelling and walking would even be difficult. it would more than burn. sounds like your calve muscles are just really tight. your hamstrings prob are too which throws the whole thing out of balance and u prob have pulled it.

go up on your toes and see how bad the pain is.

if not bad. u need to stretch and strengthen. alternating Ice to heat every 10 mins for an hour helps also.

stretch: against the wall, put one leg back, keep it straight and push into wall with hands...do that 5 times, hold each for 20 secs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RByH6Nd2jF0

Then bend your knee and do the same thing. Bending knee stretches the Soleus muscle which works in concert with Gastroc or Calve muscle.. u stretch calve with leg straight, soleus with leg bent.

get a towel or a sheet,, lie on your back, put towel or what have u around your foot and pull toes toward your head.. 5 times hold 20 secs. to stretch hamstring, keep towel around toes and keep your leg straight and raise it off the bed as high as u can tolerate.. feel good stretch.. hold 20 secs x 5.

strengthen hold some dumbells and do calve/toe raises

I'll try this tomorrow.

I will say I was walking 1.3 miles a night with my dog. Tonight I did about 400 yards (walking) and the pain was too much. I cut it short and came home, maybe for a 1/2 mile total . Shit hurt.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users