89 replies to this topic

#61 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 03:33 AM

Just try it.. stretch slow and stop if u feel stabbing pain.

on a side note.. picked up a 2nd job today.. working every other weekend for bout 6 hours per day. Got a fantastic hourly wage to do so!

Don't really need it but i want to pay some mistakes from my 20's off.. so figure since Football season is bout done and I have nothing to do on weekends but sit around bored.. might as well go make some extra cash.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#62 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:13 PM

SOOOOOOOOOOO guess what?

I am thinking of changing jobs again.

Company i work for and stayed with last time has gotten progressively worse. They have consolidated office staff and sent them 30 mins away... my office is now a drop off station only but our patient numbers are in the cellar and it ain't looking good.

when i started and up till past few months, i was seeing 26-30 patients per week... that number now is 16-18... Lucky me i chose the hourly rate or I'd be fucked.

anyhow, friend at work's mom is retiring at this big major home health company and gave me the inside track on her job. I am submitting my resume and already secured an interview.

SO, i am a loyal person and I don't want to leave, as previously shown, but I am realizing as i get older, i have responsibilities that supersede 'Loyalty" and I absolutely must take this new job. pay prob isn't much more, but way better benefits and this place is secure. Ive heard this is a place u retire from. Lady who is retiring was there 25 years. all nurses and staff have been there for years n years.

So, its like the story bout the guy who is drowning, prays to God to save him.... Ship comes, guy says, no don't worry,God will save me.... Then a boat comes by.... guy once again says, NO don't worry, God will save me... Guy drowns, gets to Heaven.. asks God, why didn't u save me??? God says, I sent a ship and a boat u dummy.

that is me right now.. I already turned down a major secure agency, gave company benefit of the doubt and stayed.... since then, things have gotten worse... So I'd be a fool not to leave right?
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#63 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:42 PM

Loyalty does not pay, think of yourself first when it comes to work.

• *D* likes this
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#64 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:35 PM

Loyalty is only good to a point. If the situation was reversed and your company could clone you and pay that person a lower wage for your exact same performance, would they? If the answer is yes, then you know where the line should be drawn.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#65 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:43 AM

You are a job consumer. If the job down the street is significantly better than the one you have, then take your business elsewhere.

Make the old pro vs. cons list. If pros of leaving outweigh the cons then go.

#iThing #word
  • *D* likes this
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#66 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:08 PM

I agree that you should consider seeking a better situation...but you don't want to be a job whore because, when you really NEED a new job, they'll look at a resume with a new job every two years and say "fuck this guy...he's not long term".
  • *D* likes this
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#67 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:03 PM

I got an interview Wed at 8:30

Researching this company and they won awards for being one of the best home health agencies in the US in 2011.. so thats big time.

Benefits blow mine out of the water... stability certainly does also

now with money:

Should i only go if they make me a better financial offer?

#68 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 March 2012 - 07:13 AM

I got an interview Wed at 8:30

Researching this company and they won awards for being one of the best home health agencies in the US in 2011.. so thats big time.

Benefits blow mine out of the water... stability certainly does also

now with money:

Should i only go if they make me a better financial offer?

Depends on how much better those benefits are and how much you USE those benefits. If the benefits are much better (and you don't have a higher cost taken from your salary or higher copays/deductibles) and the wage the same, then I'd take it. Keep in mind, this is a starting wage...it can go up.
Sister burn the temple

#69 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:04 PM

I agree that you should consider seeking a better situation...but you don't want to be a job whore because, when you really NEED a new job, they'll look at a resume with a new job every two years and say "fuck this guy...he's not long term".

My Dad probably goes through 4 or more jobs a year; has a resume thicker than the bible.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#70 Whistlers Momma

Whistlers Momma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 03:47 PM

Doing research on the company and benefits vs. where you're at right now was very smart. Interviewing for the job was very smart. Taking a consensus of what you should do is tricky. You need to be sure in your heart and mind that the choice---what ever it turns out to be---is truly your choice. If you go too much by what others say then you risk second guessing all your future choices every time a little bump in the road occurs. Make a decision, stick to it, plow forward and let the chips fall where they may. An informed decision is the best any of us can do and there is risk either way you go. That's life.

#71 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:03 AM

I just have a lot riding on being able to do home health and stay in the area.
I moved from Chattanooga bout an hour west.... Lease is up in June... gotta decide cause if I re-up and my job goes belly up.. I am double fucked.

Throw on top of that, I already turned down another stable/better job out of loyalty etc.

i turn down 2 and somehow get laid off... I'd be a double dummy..

I try to think since I stared this thread, have things gotten better or worse? In my opinion def worse.. they've consolidated every area, cut other jobs... and if they do close my office.. Im sure they'd put me in the next office up which is thriving.. but its a 40 min drive from my house.. which defeats the purpose since Chattanooga woulda been closer.. They already have 6 therapist in that office.. so I'd be getting scraps/farthest away/less number of patients etc so it could turn into a nightmare especially if that office takes a dive.

Ive already been working over there on Tues/Thurs.. takes 90 mins to drive to first patients house!!! Tues, I drove 150 miles to see 3 people.... just nuts. last night, one of the ladies called me, and a therapist car broke down, and they wanted to know if i could see 4 of hers today.. which i could.. then bout 11am, she calls and throws 2 more on me.. So i end up working from 9am till 7pm and had to mad dash/scramble entire day.. plus u see people u don't know so its awkward cause u have no clue what to do with them etc.. which could be dangerous...

Lady at new place worked there 25 years.... retiring.. so that seems pretty damn stable.

appreciate advice/listening to me ramble!

#72 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 17 March 2012 - 06:30 AM

If you think your current place is sinking, then jump ship. Trust me...if they thought they could save the business by firing you, then they would.
Sister burn the temple

#73 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:25 PM

My Dad probably goes through 4 or more jobs a year; has a resume thicker than the bible.

What type of work does he do?

#74 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:26 PM

I still think you should try and find some of your own work. Maybe start two days a week doing your own thing and work for somebody else at the same time. Just be brave and go for it.

#75 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:53 PM

What type of work does he do?

He's a mechanical/industrial designer. Lots of competition amongst competing agencies who constantly attempt to poach and lure designers from other firms with equally competitive wages. One of the coolest projects he's worked on was the piping system that Kellogg's Froot Loops go through to to become dyed in color - every week he'd come home with as much free food as you wanted.

Also pretty cool that when I got him into Gn'R 5 years ago or so he was coincidentally working on a nickel refinery in Madagascar ;)
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users