http://live.washingt...06.html?hpid=z5

#62 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:00 PM

Left-leaning females still won't vote GOP. Right-leaning ones will not let a guy on the radio's insults against a woman change theirs.

#iThing #word
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#63 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:20 PM

I agree. I think the fact that no one from the GOP came out strongly against what Limbaugh said speaks volumes to female voters. The reaction from the candidates could not have been more tepid.

Yup!

If I was on Obama's campaign team I'd beat this one to death...run it 24/7.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#64 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 11:28 PM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#65 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:07 AM

The Biggest Beneficiary of the Contraception Mandate? Drug Companies

Uh, duh.

Someone you know just wrote a piece about that.

So should Obama's team come out and denounce anything deemed offensive Maher says?

Is Bill Maher attacking someone who testified regarding a current piece of legislation that President Obama is calling for?

Limbaugh may have used a poor choice of words, but his larger stance still hasn't been debunked.

Bullshit. First of all, the "poor choice of words" thing is a filthy lie. He used exactly the words he intended. Second of all, the larger stance has been debunked repeatedly, you just refuse to accept reality.

The bullshit about contraceptives costing someone $3,000 as a legitimate concern has been debunked. It's not true.

That's $3,000 over the course of 3 years, and it absolutely is true, whether you accept it or not. I've posted reputable cites in this thread.

The Limbaugh has an opinion that someone who engages in a lot of loose sex is just that, an opinion. I love how the left and the media flock to a story like this because it's a blowhard like Limbaugh. Yet if a major player like Maher( and I like Maher), who just publicly donated 1 million to Obama's super pac says shit that is much more offensive, it's ignored.

More bullshit. Limbaugh had more than just an "opinion," he spewed vile, slanderous lies about a young woman he doesn't even know, while frothing at the mouth for her to upload a sex video so he could watch. How in the fuck can you defend that pig?

And the comparison to Maher is more of the same bullshit. Scroll back and find the link to David Frum's article and let him explain why that is to you. I'm sick of wasting the keystrokes.

What's funny is all the fake outrage and people sticking their heads in the sand towards any facts that hurt the talking points from mediamatters and thinkprogress.

Though I'm sure it gives you satisfaction to think the outrage is fake, you're dead wrong. The outrage is very real. What on heaven's earth Media Matters or Thinkprogress has to do with anything, I have no idea. You just love those strawmen, don't you, dude?

Maybe we should hold pundits accountable for their own behavior and not expect people not affiliated with them to have to have a press confrence everytime someone says something that others don't like. Howard Stern says shit that isn't PC daily and bounces from supporting the right or left weekly. Should Reid and Bohner have speeches ready everytime Stern says something that is too "radical" that supports their side?

Posted Image

#66 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:26 AM

y

#67 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 March 2012 - 12:54 AM

3000 a year for contraception is a bit umm....high to say the least.

#68 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:06 AM

3000 a year for contraception is a bit umm....high to say the least.

Here's the thing....she didn't say that.

“Without insurance coverage, contraception can cost a woman over $3000 during law school," Fluke said.

Average law degree 4 years undergrad plus 3 year post-grad = 7 years.

7 years = 84 months

$3000 / 84 months = $35 a month

#69 Whistlers Momma

Whistlers Momma

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:18 AM

“Without insurance coverage, contraception can cost a woman over $3000 during law school," Fluke said.

7 years = 84 months

That's so typical of Rush how twists the facts and adds new meaning to what someone like Fluke has said. The man is a pig. He maligned that woman three straight days, over and over again, and all he apologized for was for saying two single words. PIG!

#70 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:56 AM

y

#71 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:29 AM

You're better than that Zimbo. When someone says Law School, they specifically mean the three year period of graduate studies dedicated to a JD. In the Fluke case, she was specifically talking about the three years at Georgetown as a law student. You can't try to claim she was referencing a 7 year period to try and make her claim appear more accurate. 3k over 36 months is $83 a month for contraception. That would be excessively high for anyone when it's been show repeatedly that oral contraceptives can be as cheap at 9$ a month and cost 20$ on average. Her argument is inaccurate and misleading.

By trying to redefine what she said to make it true, you're showing how inaccurate her claims were. I hope you came up with that interpretation yourself and the liberal blogosphere isn't saying that to run damage control now that a few people have actually researched her claim.

I don't agree with you. And Ms. Fluke is not a stupid woman, do you honestly believe she is going to present an outlandish dollar amount knowing that it will be fact-checked?

#72 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:00 AM

y

#73 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:56 AM

The war on conservative women

#74 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

The Case Against the Case Against Rush Limbaugh

#75 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:44 AM

7 years = 84 months

Law degree is 3 years. When my friend talks about going to law school, she meant law school only. Not that and undergrad.

25-35/month is indeed correct though for BC.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users