shadowsoul

Members

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:25 PM

HEAVEN & HELL FEELING DEVILISH ON NEW ALBUM:

February 10, 2009

Heaven And Hell, the band featuring the post-Ozzy Osbourne members of Black Sabbath, will release its first album under that name, "The Devil You Know," April 28 on Rhino.

The set is Ronnie James Dio, Tony Iommi, Geezer Butler and Vinny Appice's first studio release since the 1992 Sabbath album "Dehumanizer," and was preceded by three new songs on the recent compilation "Black Sabbath: The Dio Years."

Song titles include "Bible Black," "Rock & Roll Angel," "Breaking Into Heaven," "Atom & Evil" and "Eating the Cannibals."

Iommi told Billboard last summer that "it really is Black Sabbath, whatever we do," but said the artists had chosen to tour as Heaven And Hell "so everyone knows what they're getting [and] so people won't expect to hear 'Iron Man' and all those songs. We've done them for so many years, it's nice to do just all the stuff with did with Ronnie again."

As for Osbourne, he is gearing up for the debut later this year of a new Fox variety show with his family, "Osbournes: Reloaded."

Courtesy of www.sleazeroxx.com and www.billboard.com

SOURCE: SLEAZEROXX.COM

for a complete tracklisting for Heaven & Hell, please click the link below:

http://allmusic.com/...09fwxqtrldae~T2

#2 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 12 February 2009 - 12:48 PM

Song titles include "Bible Black," "Rock & Roll Angel," "Breaking Into Heaven," "Atom & Evil" and "Eating the Cannibals."

Dumb and dumberer
Show me your dragon magic

#3 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

Ha, those are the epitome of early 80's cheese, gotta love it.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#4 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 12 February 2009 - 03:53 PM

I'm glad it's not coming out as Black Sabbath because I'd have to destroy my entire Sabbath collection if they ever recorded a song called Rock & Roll Angel.

#5 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 04:44 PM

^I'd agree...plus I'd have to go out and buy hairspray...don't think I can do the big hair any more

#6 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 March 2009 - 07:07 PM

Posted Image

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:19 PM

If Bill Ward or Carmine Appice were on the album it may have been a Black Sabbath Album.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#8 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:25 PM

Bill and Ronnie Dio really don't like each other - I'm kind of glad Bill isn't involved (he was initially) because he's by far my favourite Sab and I would feel compelled to like it then. Carmine has nothing to do with Sabbath.

#9 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:32 PM

Carmine toured with Ozzy and I thought Sabbath as well. Dio and Geezer thought Carmine was the better drummer of the 2 even though Vinny is on the album. I met Carmine through his niece. He is a cool guy. If I remember correctly Carmine played on tour filling in for Tommy Aldridge, during the Diary Tour. I almost sure he did NY. I guess Bill is retired now and only Ozzy would get him out to play?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#10 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:40 PM

Carmine played with Ozzy, but Vinnie played with Sabbath on the H&H tour, Mob Rules album and tour and Dehumanizer album and tour so he's definitely the right guy for the project. Not sure if Bill is retired, he has some solo album that always seems to be on the verge of coming out, but I think he will only do Sabbath with Ozzy.

#11 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:46 PM

Yeah I thought so. Although I thought Carmine also played with Sabbath. Maybe he played with Dio or a mix between Raindow and Deep Purple?

#12 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 March 2009 - 08:53 PM

Don't think Carmine ever played with Sabbath though I'm sure he was considered at some point. He did Blue Murder with John Sykes which was a really good album.

#13 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 09:28 PM

Yes he was in many projects at the time or sought after as a session and concert musician at the time. It may have been due to the Zappa relationship?

#14 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 March 2009 - 01:49 PM

I'll certainly give this a listen when it drops. Song titles are lame, but anything associated with Dio has lame song titles. I mean..."Neon Knights", "Lady Evil", and the song after which this offshoot band is now naming itself, "Heaven and Hell"...all cheesy. But they're also on a killer album, so if the music rocks I'll ignore lame titles.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

I'll certainly give this a listen when it drops. Song titles are lame, but anything associated with Dio has lame song titles.

I mean..."Neon Knights", "Lady Evil", and the song after which this offshoot band is now naming itself, "Heaven and Hell"...all cheesy. But they're also on a killer album, so if the music rocks I'll ignore lame titles.

Me too, but that album is nearly 30 years old - pretty much everything they've done since 1983/4 (together or apart) has had cheesier song titles and sucked hard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users