65 replies to this topic

#46 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 February 2009 - 11:50 AM

One cheat day a week won't hurt anything. Just one though. Mine is usually on Sundays, although lately it's been the last three months.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#47 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 11:09 PM

How much is too much when working out to the average person and how much more does muscle weigh than fat? Just throwing it out there....
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#48 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 07:39 AM

hmm..post a pic and I will decide the percentages!! one of yourself of course..when you are done working out...all sweaty and stuff...I'll let ya know !

#49 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 March 2009 - 08:45 AM

How much is too much when working out to the average person and how much more does muscle weigh than fat? Just throwing it out there....

1 pound of muscle weighs the same as 1 pound of fat :)
Show me your dragon magic

#50 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 09:25 AM

Well you're right. How about if you lose weight and say waist line then continue to notice that your weight has increased but your clothing fits better. Is it true that muscle has sort of a memory in that if you were in shape but fell off and became heavier, that when you start working out/training again; your muscle mass gets back to previous form quicker compared to someone who has never worked out/trained?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#51 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 March 2009 - 10:09 AM

Well you're right. How about if you lose weight and say waist line then continue to notice that your weight has increased but your clothing fits better.

Muscle is denser than fat so if you are the same weight but with more muscle and less fat then you will be thinner. But I don't think 'average' people really notice much of a weight gain from increased muscle mass, it's more likely to be due to water retention. It really is only noticeable if you are a serious athlete/bodybuilder etc.

#52 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 06 March 2009 - 12:09 PM

Very well, I'm just putting some things of interest out there because of upcoming Baseball, Football and other sports info and for thoughs peeps who are interested in the Fat versus Muscle mass equation and the water retention part is also good info as well. That goes into a different question, sports drinks versus water. Or just drinking a sports drink because they taste good. Water is better than the sports drink unless you really work out hard and sweat a lot. Drinking the sports drink because they taste good isn't the best thing to do IMO. Also if you do think you need the sports drinks, it wouldn't be a bad idea to split it in half with water.

#53 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 March 2009 - 02:12 PM

I drink lots of water and last night started to add cardio back into my weight routine. I REALLY want to get a bike to get around on. I should check Craigslist....

#54 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 02:53 PM

I never even saw this over there.... Legend ***** Karma: 0 Online Online Gender: Male Posts: 5369 Watching for LadyPigs on the Wing. View Profile WWW Personal Message (Online) Re: weight loss « Reply #13 on: February 12, 2007, 06:21:08 PM » Reply with quote Quote from: acdcUSSR on February 10, 2007, 07:20:42 PM spaghetti_incident wants to gain some weight. Well, I need to loose some. I'm going to Germany for a few weeks this summer and would like to slim down for the trip. Any tips? I lost 25 pounds in about 4 months, and it was very simple. 1.) I ate 2000 calories/day ---this amount should be good for any man over 175 lbs., though you can lower it if it doesn't work for you ---I didn't worry about WHAT I ate, because it's tough to eat high fat foods and hit this mark...if you're hitting this mark over three daily meals, then you're probably eating fairly well 2.) I walked for 1 hour on a treadmill, 2-3 times a week 3.) I did some weight training, because muscle burns calories ---if you JUST weight train, you might see the strange phenomenon where you weigh MORE but your clothes fit looser

#55 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 March 2009 - 12:30 AM

Did you ever check out Body For Life? When I get back from Vacation I will give the 12 week program a go. My wife did the entire thing and was ripped at the end, I could not believe it.

#56 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:10 AM

Yeah I was looking at it the other day briefly. I have to really look into it. I was never into supplements. I did take creatine for awhile before it was deemed bad. My friend used it a lot and it was in tangerine flavor. I had a big bottle that I tossed. I was also lifting up to 350-415. I was dong 2 sets 12 reps at 250lbs., and 2 sets at 8 reps at 315lb and 2 sets of 4 at 415 and then a step down. Now I wouldn't think of doing that because of my shoulder. I could hear it just unraveling now. I would probably grab the the bar and just shatter like glass. I'm looking to be more cardio healthy with tone at this point. I don't need to lift twice my body weight or arm climb anymore so?? I still have strength stored in a memory bank when I need it though. Which amazed Jr. and probably is why he will never challenge me. Not that he would anyway but his friends have been kidding around with me and he warns them don't be fooled by my age or gut. His one friend is an MMA student who was pushing it too much during a football practice for my little guy last year and he got pounced on and to this day he cowers when I get close to him. I also made him run laps with the 10 year old team. The one 18 year old and seventeen 10 year olds. He's a good kid though and he'll probably help coach with Jr. after GMack goes to play for school after next season.

#57 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 March 2009 - 03:30 PM

I will do the program without supplements-won't touch 'em. Their diet is 80% of it IMO. The work outs are fairly quick and intelligent cardio (20 minutes of interval.) The hardest point at this point in my life will be sticking to the diet. I used creatine years ago and it gave me the shits, so I tossed it. My main goal is overall health and fitness. I'll scan some pics of the Missus and pm them to you, like I said, she was ripped. She worked hard in the gym, but I still attribute most of it to diet.

#58 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:13 PM

OK Thanks, I just printed some of the recipes and the shopping list. I do eat a lot of that stuff now but not as much as they say to.

#59 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:20 PM

I will do the program without supplements-won't touch 'em. Their diet is 80% of it IMO. The work outs are fairly quick and intelligent cardio (20 minutes of interval.) The hardest point at this point in my life will be sticking to the diet.

I used creatine years ago and it gave me the shits, so I tossed it.

My main goal is overall health and fitness. I'll scan some pics of the Missus and pm them to you, like I said, she was ripped. She worked hard in the gym, but I still attribute most of it to diet.

Did she stay ripped? The problem with these kind of programs tends to be keeping what you achieved afterwards....I'm happy to check out her pix too if you like :D

#60 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:42 PM

haha ^^ We both pretty much stay on the "diet" all the time (although I've been horrible lately.) I don't like the word "Diet" because it eludes to milkshakes and fads. The BFL diet is 5 small meals a day, with protein, carb and veggies and X glasses of water. You can also have veggies for snacks all day if you'd like. One day a week you are able to eat bad. And that's pretty much it. Nothing outrageous and nutty. She has not stayed "ripped" because she isn't strictly adhering to the diet and also because she isn't lifting weights. But she is still much leaner than she has ever been in the time I've known her. When she did the BFL program her abs popped and she just developed nicely all over, not in a bulky way of course, just very defined. It was pretty awesome, but I was also impressed at how quickly changes came.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users