#76 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 January 2010 - 03:17 PM

Ozzy Osbourne Talks Future With Black Sabbath, Band’s Early Days

In the new issue that’s on sale now, Ozzy Osbourne tells Rolling Stone about some of the most incredible stories in his new memoir I Am Ozzy, from freaking out Betty Ford to the worst days after his reality show. Since today is the anniversary of one of Ozzy’s most infamous moments — he bit the head off a bat onstage in Des Moines, Iowa, on January 20, 1981 — we asked him to reach back into his memory banks again, to discuss Black Sabbath. The group hasn’t toured with Ozzy since the summer of 2005, but has recently been battling over the band’s name rights. Despite the ongoing lawsuit, is another reunion possible? “I’m not gonna say I’ve written it out forever,” says Osbourne. “But right now I don’t think there is any chance. But who knows what the future holds for me? If it’s my destiny, fine.”

Check out Rolling Stone’s collection of Black Sabbath photos.

Ten years ago the group entered the studio and tried to record their first album together since 1978’s Never Say Die. “I tried and I couldn’t do it,” says Ozzy. “When we were kids we used to smoke dope, we all used to get drunk, we all used to do fucking cocaine, and any other fucking pill in the arsenal. It would stall all our fucking inhibitions. And I’ve changed now that I’ve been away from Sabbath thirty-odd years. I was only with them for 10 years. I had girlfriends when I was younger and I would go ‘Oh, I would really like to go back with Shirley,’ and then you do and you go to yourself, ‘What the fuck was I thinking?’ You’re never the same, you know.”

In the past few years Sabbath guitarist Tony Iommi and bassist Geezer Butler have toured with early 1980s Sabbath vocalist Ronnie James Dio under the moniker Heaven and Hell. Although Dio is currently undergoing chemotherapy for stomach cancer in Houston, his Website reports the cancer was identified in its early stages and his chances for a complete recovery are good. Heaven and Hell even have European shows booked this summer. “I’m sorry to hear about Ronnie having cancer,” says Ozzy. “It must be really fucking scary for the poor boy.”

http://www.rollingst...nds-early-days/
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#77 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:40 PM

New Ozzy Single - Let Me Hear You Scream

#78 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

I love that the album was going to be called Soul Sucka till fans bitched about it.

#79 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:45 PM

Really? The bitched and moaned so he changed it? I don't like that song. Zack is clearly missing.

#80 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:53 PM

Yep. Song is alright . The new Ax man just doesn't do it for me. Thank gawd zakk has a new BLS album also coming in the summer.

#81 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 May 2010 - 10:59 PM

Yea, he's just alright. Kinda a generic fill in type, nothing note worthy.

#82 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

I agree that the newly released song is generic and the new lead is just a filler. Ozzy has always chosen the best guy out there and has gone through days of interviews. He's just listening to Sharon to boost his families bankbook and at this point Ozzy seems to want to enjoy life and do what he wants. Remember awhile back, Zak said he wanted to see Ozzy maybe put out an album but no more touring. He was tired of Ozzy being forced to do stuff that he really wasn't into. I do want to read Ozzy's book and he seemed real happy about the book. So much that he never mentioned his new album.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#83 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:24 PM

I've enjoyed every single one of his albums, so it would be a bummer if this one was a rotten egg. Especially as he nears the finish line of his career. I remember listening to Stern talk to him about controlling his wife's spending, and that he essentially had to keep working because of her.

#84 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 06 May 2010 - 10:27 PM

I only heard let me hear you scream and it was a thrown together song to me. I have to hear it a few more time I guess.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#85 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:49 PM

Again RIP Ronnie james Dio,

#86 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 May 2010 - 06:03 PM

Found this great fanmade video of Hell Raiser (this may be one of my favorite Ozzy albums of all-NMT)

#87 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 22 June 2010 - 01:35 PM

Ozzy - Let Me Hear You Scream - 15 Sec Teaser

#88 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 22 June 2010 - 02:30 PM

Full vid.

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p5JJy8Z4dNM&feature=player_embedded[/url]

#89 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:10 PM

Black Sabbath bassist hopes original lineup gets together for world tour

23/08/2010

"It'd be just nice to do one final, big Sabbath tour because we didn't really play that many places when we got together for the last reunion (in 2005)," Butler said in a telephone interview from California.

"It'd be nice to do the tour while we're still alive."

Still, Butler — who stays in regular contact with the rest of the band — wouldn't rule out the quartet reuniting for a new record.

"I'm not holding me breath about it," he said. "There'd be so much past pressure on us. But you never know, you know. I didn't think Heaven & Hell would ever do an album together, but we did.

"It just depends on if we can all come together and do it. If we got the direction right, then it'd probably be straightforward."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/entertainment/breakingnews/black-sabbath-bassist-hopes-original-lineup-gets-together-for-world-tour-101314329.html
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#90 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:17 PM

10-Year-Old Shredder Takes The Stage With Ozzy

Ozzy Osbourne has performed with a huge list of musical giants: He jammed with Metallica at last year's Rock and Roll Hall of Fame anniversary concert in New York, sang for Slash on the guitarist's recent solo disc, and even hooked up with the Wu-Tang Clan for a track on his greatest hits "Bible of Ozz." But the Prince of Darkness's latest - and most pint-sized - collaborator is one of his most intriguing yet: 10-year-old Japanese guitar prodigy Yuto Miyazawa.

Miyazawa recently joined Osbourne on the singer's six-date summer Ozzfest tour, performing the classic "Crazy Train" alongside Ozzy and his band.

Blabbermouth tracked down footage from the August 21 show in Hartford, Connecticut, where Miyazawa did an awe-inspiring Randy Rhoads impression: He wailed on the same black-with-white polka-dotted flying-V guitar Rhoads was known to use - and Ozzy even hoisted the young guitarist into the air (around the three-minute mark) to replicate the cover of the song's 1987 live single. On his Twitter account, Miyazawa linked to a snapshot of himself shredding on Ozzy's shoulder, adding, "I like this photo!"

The young guitarist made a splash on the 2010 Ozzfest tour, but this wasn't the first time he'd played alongside the metal legend: Last year, he joined Ozzy at BlizzCon in Anaheim, California, where Osbourne introduced him by saying, "You've got to check this [expletive] guy out!" Miyazawa met Osbourne after performing "Crazy Train" on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show" in May 2009, when Osbourne emerged from backstage to shake his hand, totally stunning Miyazawa. The prodigy returned to DeGeneres's show in May 2010 with his power trio to perform Black Sabbath's "Paranoid" (which he sang in an adorably pre-pubescent squeak).

See the video here

Same kid from last year:

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rtJOMBvLuQ&feature=related[/url]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users