#2 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:08 PM

Brian is the star of the Black Ice tour, Angus looks old.
Show me your dragon magic

#3 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:12 PM

he is..somewhat..I didn't see the show on Fri the 9th(but I was at the 7th of Nov in TO...was spec-fucking-tacular. Angus fucking rulled..right down to the strip tease and swinging from the hell bell...buddy fucking moved it all night so I say that he isn't losing it, just Brian is fucking spot on is all.

#4 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:34 PM

They both are older then larry king....And tougher then a $2 government steak.

#5 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

They both are older then larry king....And tougher then a $2 government steak.

Brian is much older than Angus (by about 8 years I think). Angus is still playing well, and there are few if any better live bands even now, but Angus is nowhere near as active and the set is 30 minutes shorter than previous tours including the last one.

#6 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 08:08 PM

no so for me..or southern Ontario...opening band never made it over the border...they played for like 2.5 hours.. Angus went hard the whole time...fucking excellant for a man his age..but as I said, Brian was spot on and strong...not who was better then whom..they are both fucking old but both fucking ruled.. i was there and I am not easy to please..best friend and co workers went to the show on the 9th..same dealio have you seem them this tour Tap?

#7 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 13 January 2009 - 09:17 PM

no so for me..or southern Ontario...opening band never made it over the border...they played for like 2.5 hours.. Angus went hard the whole time...fucking excellant for a man his age..but as I said, Brian was spot on and strong...not who was better then whom..they are both fucking old but both fucking ruled.. i was there and I am not easy to please..best friend and co workers went to the show on the 9th..same dealio

have you seem them this tour Tap?

I saw them at MSG. Sorry, but they didn't play close to 2.5 hours anywhere this tour - they've played the exact same setlist at every show besides maybe not playing Shoot to Thrill on the first date or so. It clocks in at around 90-100 minutes compared to 2 hours plus on previous tours.

#8 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 10:51 PM

1st of all no one is older than Larry King. Comment? what? grape juice? oh garlic? Yes Can I have some what? Welcome The Motley Crue.....I need a diaper change. What's this thread about?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#9 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:09 PM

How was the show overall? My friend was singing "Whole lotta Rosie" for about a week afterwards...
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#10 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:23 PM

Angus was totally cool on a 20 minute radio interview about 3 weeks ago! A regular dude!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#11 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:02 AM

He always looked like he's about to stroke out, love that shit.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#12 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:04 AM

AC/DC is the only hard rock band to make the Los Angeles Times' 2008 "Ultimate Top 10," the newspaper's annual survey combining sales of concert tickets, albums and digital downloads to measure which acts were most popular with the broadest swath of music lovers. METALLICA came in at No. 14, an impressive feat considering that the band's latest album, "Death Magnetic", and corresponding U.S. tour didn't arrive until this past fall. Regarding AC/DC's combined income of $82 million, the Los Angeles Times writes, "The new 'Black Ice' album took the veteran Australian hard rock band back to the top of the charts and also made its concert tour one of the year's hot tickets. The band's Ultimate Top 10 tally was almost evenly divided, with $37.5 million coming at the concert box office and $44.5 million from album sales. Like KID ROCK, AC/DC doesn't do digital tracks. Average ticket price: $99.73." Los Angeles Times' 2008 "Ultimate Top 20": 01. MADONNA ($120.1 million) 02. CELINE DION ($106.8 million) 03. KENNY CHESNEY ($95.7 million) 04. EAGLES ($90.7 million) 05. AC/DC ($82 million) 06. COLDPLAY ($81.6 million) 07. BON JOVI ($81.4 million) 08. BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN & THE E STREET BAND ($79 million) 09. JONAS BROTHERS ($77.9 million) 10. RASCAL FLATTS ($77.1 million) 11. NEIL DIAMOND ($70.5 million) 12. TAYLOR SWIFT ($62.2 million) 13. MICHAEL BUBLÉ ($59.5 million) 14. METALLICA ($56.4 million) 15. CARRIE UNDERWOOD ($54.9 million) 16. DAVE MATTHEWS BAND ($51.6 million) 17. THE POLICE ($51 million) 18. LIL WAYNE ($50.8 million) 19. TOM PETTY ($50.5 million) 20. KID ROCK ($50. 2 million)

#13 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 14 January 2009 - 09:25 AM

How was the show overall? My friend was singing "Whole lotta Rosie" for about a week afterwards...

They were great as always, I'm also old enough to appreciate a 90 minute show over a 2 hour show now :) Maybe played too many new songs (five) but that's minor.

#14 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:01 AM

Angus said he doesn't see the reason to put out a Greatest Hits CD until they retire maybe. If they are still making new music then why do a greatest hits CD? That doesn't mean a label can slither (No offense to Slash's Slither) one out....

#15 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 28 January 2009 - 07:00 PM

Don't know if you saw any shows, but I completely disagree (um...about the "star" part, not the "old" part). Angus seemed like he has plenty of energy, and my eye was on him WAY more than on Brian.

no so for me..or southern Ontario...opening band never made it over the border...they played for like 2.5 hours.. Angus went hard the whole time...fucking excellant for a man his age..but as I said, Brian was spot on and strong...not who was better then whom..they are both fucking old but both fucking ruled.. i was there and I am not easy to please..best friend and co workers went to the show on the 9th..same dealio

have you seem them this tour Tap?

I saw them at MSG. Sorry, but they didn't play close to 2.5 hours anywhere this tour - they've played the exact same setlist at every show besides maybe not playing Shoot to Thrill on the first date or so. It clocks in at around 90-100 minutes compared to 2 hours plus on previous tours.

OK...so you did see the show. Anyway, I'm forced to wonder how much of the lack of variety in shows these days has to do with the production aspects...pyro, vids, giant fucking train, etc. I'm sure the order can change, but the more it does the more likely that something gets fucked up.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users