Bone in ribeye....baked tater, oh yea.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#32 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 15 January 2009 - 09:03 PM

Blue cheese bacon burger... Thanks for the Idea , Punk.

#33 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:47 AM

Just finished up some White Castle sliders from the frozen food section, not the same but since there is no White Castle here it's as close as I can get!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#34 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 January 2009 - 12:54 AM

I should have gone burger, my steak wasn't too good. Oh well, can't always be a winner.

#35 Tatiana Kudrin

Tatiana Kudrin

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:23 AM

sandwiches. too lazy to bother about cooking.
part of that clique

#36 Tatiana Kudrin

Tatiana Kudrin

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 03:27 AM

I can't eat veal.

i can't eat it either. it's not about the thought though. it happens to be the worst tasting meat ever.
part of that clique

#37 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:40 AM

Bone in ribeye....baked tater, oh yea.

That is a rib steak. I have argued many times with the guys(not butchers) that sell meat behind the counters of super markets when they label a steak as a "bone-in ribeye". A ribeye, by definition, is without bone; a rib steak has the bone; And, a prime rib is that choice morsel that makes up the center part. BTW, that is my favorite cut of meat.

I have a friend that owns a meat market(it has been in his family for over a hundred years), and he will age a rib for 3, or 4 weeks for his special customers. By doing so, he loses over half of the meat, but it is so tender that you can push your finger through it. It looks nasty when it comes out of the cooler... all covered with green stuff, but when cooked, while trying to cut it with a knife, it will tear apart. yum yum.

#38 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 16 January 2009 - 05:41 AM

... Oh, I like'em rare. If it is warm in the center, it is done.

#39 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 January 2009 - 01:58 PM

Went to Hardrock and got my burger last night. Was great, although service was amazingly bad....

#40 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:00 PM

Had a couple of fried baloney burgers with cheese and egg.

#41 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:06 PM

Fried baloney? Eghads man. What's fer dinner? Spam with an brandy peppercorn sauce?

#42 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

I can't eat veal.

i can't eat it either. it's not about the thought though. it happens to be the worst tasting meat ever.

Have you ever had a Veal Chop?
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#43 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

I love em... topped with lots of tobasco. Spam? ... mmmmm, mmmmm, that sound gooooood. Once on a camp-out, I let my ex do the shopping for the trip. When it came time for a meal, I looked, and there was nothing but spam, hotdogs, pork and beans, and bread. We still had 2 days to go. That was one of the few times that I wanted to tell her just how fucking stupid she was, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings, so I let it go.

#44 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:15 PM

Veal Chop yea! I'm eating carrot cake and drinking coffee for brunch. Look for erratic posting behavior (normal) and a hard crash with possibly vile diatribe coming in around the next 45 minutes (normal.)

#45 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 02:18 PM

I'm a firm believer of a real butcher myself. They have the best stuff and if you have a friend in the biz that's even better. Sman I see does and I do as well. The missus just went to the A&S Pork store and bought a nice London Broil (almost 20 bucks for 2 + Lbs.). The place has excellent stuff but they are real expensive. I go there when I can't get to my friends place. There are butchers that sell London Broils and other cuts that are right off the Boars Head truck. Not the best but I have bought them and marinated the hell out of them to make them better. I've been using the Bloody Mary marinade as of late and it's good stuff.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users