585 replies to this topic

#16 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:16 PM

I think that most of them are probably idiots that considers laissez faire is "some fucking French word".

#17 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:18 PM

Posted Image
Show me your dragon magic

#18 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 April 2009 - 04:19 PM

Nice ^^
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#19 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:11 AM

"if you are planning simultaneous tea bagging all around the country, you're going to need a Dick Armey." - David Shuster

#20 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 07:43 AM

i want to teabag meghan mccain

I'd like to tea bag that crazy bitch from Fox news Michelle Milken....

Posted Image

Cambell Brown would be fun, but she's got a bun in the oven.
"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#21 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

Well they kicked off their teabagging today, gawd bless 'em.

#22 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:21 PM

Cambell Brown would be fun, but she's got a bun in the oven.

a bun in the oven can make it even better!

teabaggers need not be mad at anyone but themselves. they lost last years election and that was their own fault.

#23 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:34 PM

They had a few fliers for this around campus. I planned to nab one and scan it in for you guys, but apparently they've been prompt about removing them on Tax Day. Anyway, the reason I raise this is because the flier had Obama lookin' like the devil or something. His eyes were gone and replaced by this sinister glow. I'll see if I can find one tomorrow...they're really a must see.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#24 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 April 2009 - 02:47 PM

These people would rather cut of their nose to spite their face. Dunno if they remember Lehman Bros, or what happened after its collapse?

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:11 PM

Tax the Rich! Americans' Anger Over Obama's Plan Is Real, But Misplaced Posted Apr 15, 2009 10:46am EDT by Aaron Task The April 15 tax deadline means a lot of things to many people, with anger and frustration being an increasingly common theme. This year, a number of "Tea Parties" are being held across the country to protest the Obama Administration's plans to raise taxes on the wealthiest, as well as to express general frustration with the avalanche of government spending and Wall Street bailouts. Whether the protests represent a genuine grass-roots uprising or are being organized by right-leaning versions of MoveOn.org, like Newt Gingrich's American Solutions and Dick Armey's FreedomWorks is immaterial, says Scott Bleier, president of CreateCapital.com. "This is not a real grass-roots movement [but] when you reach into people's pockets they're going to get angry and the new administration wants to reach into people's pockets," Bleier says. "People are anxious. They're losing jobs, unemployment has not stabilized and taxes are going up. Plus, house values have stabilized down 30% [and] the stock market crashed. People are going to get angry. And there's got to be somebody to blame." However, the real problem is not that Obama wants to raise the top marginal tax rate back to Clinton-era levels of 39.6% vs. 35% currently, he says. Top wage earners can handle that increase, largely because they itemize deductions and often pay total tax rates far below that level (Warren Buffett being a notable example). A slightly higher marginal top tax rate isn't the problem, Bleier says. "It's all the ancillary taxes that are going to hurt", be it higher taxes on capital gains, dividends, and (most definitely) higher state and local taxes because municipalities must balance their budgets and are already suffering from lower tax revenue as the economy has cooled and consumer switch into savings mode. If it turns out Americans are saving now only so they can afford to pay higher taxes next April 15? Well then people are going to get really angry.

#26 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 15 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

Middle Class takes to the street to protest Ronald Raygun capital gains rates for the top one percent. It only gets this stupid in America baby.

#27 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 05:51 PM

I wanted to show up at the one in our city today with an "America First" placard, but I think the irony would've been lost on a bunch of idiots.

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:51 AM

Irony is not fun if you have to explain it. Kinda like splaining sarcasm at the other place.

#29 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:12 AM

Teabaggers

Posted Image

vs Obama

Posted Image

#30 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:54 PM

Jon Stewart got involved of course - it's on comedy central's website.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users