585 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2009 - 12:57 PM

OMG, so funny. People choose to teabag they aren't born that way!
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#32 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

teabaggers that make us all proud to be American
http://www.huffingto...r_n_187554.html

#33 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:16 PM

Hey, Heller’s not a teabagger! He’s a TEABAGGEE.

http://blogs.lasvega...hes-a-teabaggee

It’s a pity those FOX News-fueled teabaggers in Carson City didn’t do their homework before showing up to protest “porkulus” spending on tax day. ‘Cause if they did, they would have turned their sharpened pitchforks at the dais and speared the monstrous pigbeast oinking in their very midst.

I mean none other than U.S. Rep. Dean Heller, who must have wallowed in some high-quality mud that allows him to slide right by accusations of flagrant hypocrisy. According to the Review-Journal, Heller told the anti-tax tea party crowd: “I’m glad to be with you. You are doing exactly what needs to be done on Tax Day.”

Somehow, though, Heller failed to mention the episodes in which he jammed his own little own snout in the taxpayer trough, both in a federal spending bill passed earlier this year and in the $3.5 billion budget for 2010 — both times, putting in earmark requests despite voting against the bills.

What juicy bacon niblets has Heller got his hooves on in the 2010 spending bill? We don’t know, because, according to Taxpayers for Common Sense, he hasn’t disclosed his earmarks yet. Yes, the blank next to his name on this database doesn’t mean he’s mustered something resembling principles and refused to request any earmarks. It just means he wants him a gleaming wedge o’ federal ham but he’s trying to be all shady about it.

So, if this porkbag rally was really about responsibility, fairness and openness, why was a porcine hypocrite rallying the troops in Northern Nevada?
Show me your dragon magic

#34 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:18 PM

Pretty funny that "Teabaggin" and "Gay Marriage" are our current top threads...ooopsie.

#35 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:19 PM

"Several Republican members of Congress spoke at Tea Party protests around the country on Wednesday," CNN reported. "Some were applauded. Others heckled. But only one, it appears, was booed relentlessly for the entire duration of his speech: Rep. Gresham Barrett of South Carolina."

Barrett faced the ire of the tea party protesters because his vote last year for the $700 billion, Bush administration-backed financial bailout. Now, the Republican congressman is prepping for a South Carolina gubernatorial run in what is expected to be a competitive GOP primary.

If the tea party protesters were any reflection of Republicans in the state, he's got an uphill climb. The conservative S.C. blog, the Palmetto Scoop, captured the moment:

Protesters screamed "go home" and blew air horns during the duration of Barrett's five minute speech. Some even turned their backs to him.

Messages on dozens of signs and hundreds of fliers also expressed a similar contempt for "Bailout Barrett."

The gubernatorial candidate did his best to deliver his speech, but the crowd never let up.

"I know you're mad, I know you're frustrated, and I hear you," a shaken Barrett said over the crowd. "You may boo, you may turn your back on me, but I'll never turn my back on you."

CNN added, "The booing and shouting continued for the entire five minutes Barrett was on stage. When he pointed out that he recently introduced a bill called the TEA Act to stop wasteful government spending, one protested yelled repeatedly: 'Too late!'"

Here's the video:

http://www.huffingto...r_n_188578.html

#36 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:36 PM

Tea Party Fallout: Independents Turned Off, Some GOPers Worried It's been two days now since angry conservatives hosted a series of tea parties across the country, and the fallout has some Republicans nervous. While the anti-tax sentiment of the protests may have been sincere, the images pulled from the events have often been offensive, embarrassing, or politically problematic. It is a development that has tripped up the GOP before. The rallies outside McCain-Palin events included some of the same bile that was seen at the tea parties: charges of fascism, terrorism and other malicious criticisms leveled at Barack Obama. And it did the Republican ticket little good in its efforts to bring moderate voters to the cause. Not everyone sees the connection. But some Republicans and Independents do view the fallout between the tea parties and the McCain-Palin rallies in a similar way: bad for the GOP. "It is not clear-cut that the tea-party phenomena helps the GOP, unless they have a specific measure or policy (like Prop. 13 in 1978, and income tax cuts after that) to coalesce around," said Steven Hayward, a scholar at the conservative American Enterprise Institute. "Right now it reminds me a bit of the free-floating 'angry moderates' of 1992 who fueled the Ross Perot candidacy, and that is the hazard for Republicans I think. I think the crazies at the rallies are a problem, but probably out of proportion (they always get the media attention) to the real breadth of sentiment underneath, which I think is largely authentic." Self-professed middle-of-the-road political types were even more biting in their critiques. "My own sense that is I don't see anything going on that is good for Republicans," said Doug Bailey, a longtime Republican consultant who helped co-found the centrist reform movement Unity08. "I just don't get it. It may be, and I don't doubt this, that there is a large segment of the American public that can and is riled up about taxes and can be riled up about one thing or another. But a large segment, in terms of numbers, doesn't amount to a couple hundred people demonstrating in Washington or wherever. That's a non-event ... Nobody likes taxes. So, of course, I'm sympathetic myself. I might throw a tea bag myself. But the fact is, that it is particularly ineffective for the Republican Party when it is Rush Limbaugh and the likes stirring it up. That just doesn't speak to the middle." Of course, because the series of nationwide tea parties were geared towards a specific day (Tax Day), the political ramifications of the events seem naturally limited. "Those tea parties will be long forgotten by, oh, say tomorrow," said Stu Rothenberg, of the Rothenberg Political Report. "Do you really think that next November, when people go to the polls, the April 15 tea parties will be on their minds?" That said, plans are in place for a next wave of protests in July. More significantly, as the GOP continues to stake their future on a wave of populist anger at the government and economy (witness: Texas Gov. Rick Perry talking about secession), the likelihood only increases that the most vocal and offensive elements of that anger will come to personify the party. "Cons[ervatives are] finding out why I generally don't like protests on my side," Daily Kos founder Markos Moulitsos said in a post-tea party tweet. "[T]hey bring out the wackos."

#37 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 18 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

Obama is a fascist

When was the first time you heard of Palin?

#38 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:02 PM

Sadly, but no surprise, my MIL has a bumper sticker or two that claims she is part of the teabag movement.

#39 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:10 PM

BREAKING: LIBERALS MAKE BALLSACK JOKES ABOUT YOUR TAXES!

(pssst...that's the meme...otherwise we have to talk about the super low turnout)

Cable Anchors, Guests Use Tea Parties as Platform for Frat House Humor

Cable anchors and guests covered the anti-tax tea party protests by cracking a litany of barely concealed sexual references.

For thousands of Americans, Tax Day was a moment to protest what they see as bloated budgets and a pile of debt being passed on to their children.

For CNN, MSNBC and other media outlets, it was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to use the word "teabagging" in a sentence.

Teabagging, for those who don't live in a frat house, refers to a sexual act involving part of the male genitalia and a second person's face or mouth.

So when the anti-tax "tea party" protests were held Wednesday across the country, cable anchors and guests -- who for weeks had all but ignored the story -- covered the protests by cracking a litany of barely concealed sexual references.

CNN anchor Anderson Cooper interspersed "teabagging" references with analyst David Gergen's more staid commentary on how Republicans are still "searching for their voice."

"It's hard to talk when you're teabagging," Cooper explained. Gergen laughed, but Cooper kept a straight face.

MSNBC's David Shuster weaved a tapestry of "Animal House" humor Monday as he filled in for Countdown host Keith Olbermann.

The protests, he explained, amount to "Teabagging day for the right wing and they are going nuts for it."

He described the parties as simultaneously "full-throated" and "toothless," and continued: "They want to give President Obama a strong tongue-lashing and lick government spending." Shuster also noted how the protesters "whipped out" the demonstrations this past weekend.

Tea Party participants were not amused. The events were held in dozens of cities across the country, and while some demonstrators were criticized for wielding off-topic and sometimes insensitive protest signs, most took to the streets to speak out against government spending.

Brent Bozell, president of the conservative Media Research Center, said the media coverage was "insulting," reacting specifically to CNN reporter Susan Roesgen's combative interviews with Illinois demonstrators in which she declared that the protests were "anti-CNN" and supported by FOX News. She left the teabagging jokes to her colleagues, though.

"I've never seen anything like it," Bozell said. "The oral sex jokes on (CNN) and particularly MSNBC on teabagging ... they had them by the dozens. That's how insulting they were toward people who believe they're being taxed too highly."

Max Pappas, public policy vice president at FreedomWorks -- a small-government group which promoted the tea parties -- said it's a "shame" media outlets cracked jokes at a genuine "grassroots uprising."

"I think what that reveals is how worried they are that this might actually be something serious. You make fun of things you're afraid of, I'd say," Pappas said.

If anyone thinks the orally charged remarks on mainstream cable were just a coincidence, MSNBC's Rachel Maddow's segments over the past week with guest, Air America's Ana Marie Cox, would dissolve all doubt. Their on-air gymnastics, dancing around the double entendre of the week, looked like live-action Beavis and Butthead.

By one count, the two of them used the word "teabag" more than 50 times on one show. And on Monday, Cox even let the viewers in on their joke -- referencing Urbandictionary.com, a site which offers a number of colorful definitions for the term "teabagging."

"Well, there is a lot of love in teabagging," Cox said. "It is curious, though, as you point out, they do not use the verb 'teabag.' It might be because they're less enthusiastic about teabagging than some of the more corporate conservatives who seem to have taken to it quite easily."

Jenny Beth Martin, a Republican activist who helped organize one protest in Atlanta, said she's not too worried about the protests being dismissed by some media outlets. She estimated 750,000 people attended more than 800 protests in all 50 states, and that at the very least the local media and community newspapers documented it.

"Our message definitely got out where it needed to get," she said.

http://www.foxnews.c...at-house-humor/
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#40 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:37 PM

Sorry folks, but you look like a group of buffoons, and will be verbally lynched for your lazy rush to pick a title everybody can associate with. In your haste you have chosen a word that also doubles as a sex act, which only makes you look that much more foolish. Oh yea, and Obama is a fascist.

#41 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:56 PM

Sorry folks, but you look like a group of buffoons, and will be verbally lynched for your lazy rush to pick a title everybody can associate with. In your haste you have chosen a word that also doubles as a sex act, which only makes you look that much more foolish. Oh yea, and Obama is a fascist.

Not to mention that every kid in grade school knows that it's no taxation WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.

There is an essential difference between the rallying cry of America's revolutionaries and the modern day GOP, which is essentially arguing that democracy is only valid so long as it chooses their side to govern. The only people who can make the same case as the founders are those living in DC. Dems had to see their tax money go to all sorts of borderline unconstitutional activity (undeclared war, "faith based" initiatives, etc.). But any arguments against those things were that they were bad or illegal...not that they were the outcome of an undemocratic process...an argument inherent in the chosen name (err...Tea Parties...not teabagging). The right is really coming across as a "take my ball and go home" bunch with their post-Bush era posturing and ridiculous secession rhetoric, not to mention the poorly thought out latching on to the arguments made by American colonists.
Sister burn the temple

#42 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:59 PM

Not to mention that every kid in grade school knows that it's no taxation WITHOUT REPRESENTATION.

There is an essential difference between the rallying cry of America's revolutionaries and the modern day GOP, which is essentially arguing that democracy is only valid so long as it chooses their side to govern.

This is what I find the most insulting about the entire thing. That they try to latch onto a pivotal moment in American History, and taint it to fit their warped way of thinking.

Also, that was a fantastic post, thanks. And I'm not just saying that because I want you to represent me in small claims court either.

#43 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:03 PM

Also, that was a fantastic post, thanks. And I'm not just saying that because I want you to represent me in small claims court either.

Good...I'm not a lawyer, and tend to think more in terms of right and wrong rather than legal and illegal. Much of the time they overlap, thankfully, or I'd be up shit's creek.
Sister burn the temple

#44 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 20 April 2009 - 02:18 AM

Teabag hysteria

The best part was the look on the guys face when the cameraman informed him of Raygun's capital tax rate vs Obama's.

#45 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 April 2009 - 09:45 AM

Teabag hysteria

The best part was the look on the guys face when the cameraman informed him of Raygun's capital tax rate vs Obama's.

I heard one good point in there.

I'll leave it to you to guess which one.
Sister burn the temple

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users