#196 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 14 October 2015 - 06:38 PM

I'm a Bears fan. For some reason I just cant get into the NFL like I used to which is sad. I was a hardcore fan for decades. I don't know if its parity, evolving rules, etc. but its just not the same to me. I can go months without watching ESPN/NFL Network when I used to watch them daily. 

Only been to a sports bar once this season. That is crazy.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#197 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:22 AM

Hopefully my SAINTS won't be killed too much by the Falcons this evening.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#198 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:37 PM

Hopefully my SAINTS won't be killed too much by the Falcons this evening.

Doubtful, son.

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#199 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 15 October 2015 - 12:41 PM

SAINTS are horrible this year. Traded away too many good players to keep paying Drew Brees.

#iThing #word

#200 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 12 November 2015 - 06:21 PM

Signing Cutler was a franchise killer for the Bears. They never recovered from it.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#201 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 13 November 2015 - 09:48 AM

Signing Cutler was a franchise killer for the Bears. They never recovered from it.

Shoddy drafting the last several years as well.

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#202 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 10:13 PM

The coaching situation hasn't helped either. Reminds me of the Redskins strategy years back of "let's pretend signing some big name coach is going to save us when we're beyond saving" and that simply doesn't work.

I have been screaming for the Bears to go into rebuilding mode but they wont do it. Rebuilding the whole damn thing would mean several seasons down the drain but we've had about 7 seasons down the drain since I first mentioned it and we're still not close to that happening.

Getting rid of Thomas Jones was a colossal fuck up that they still haven't recovered from.

In this era of parity you can be back on top within a few years if you play your cards right.

-Adolf Hitler

#203 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:06 PM

The coaching situation hasn't helped either. Reminds me of the Redskins strategy years back of "let's pretend signing some big name coach is going to save us when we're beyond saving" and that simply doesn't work.

I have been screaming for the Bears to go into rebuilding mode but they wont do it. Rebuilding the whole damn thing would mean several seasons down the drain but we've had about 7 seasons down the drain since I first mentioned it and we're still not close to that happening.

Getting rid of Thomas Jones was a colossal fuck up that they still haven't recovered from.

In this era of parity you can be back on top within a few years if you play your cards right.

Barring a miracle or a major rebuild, the Packers seem like they have the North sown up until Rodgers retires the way the Patriots are guaranteed the East until Brady is gone. QBs with very few exceptions win Super Bowls, and I just don't see Cutler ever leading the Bears to a Super Bowl, let alone winning one.

#204 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:31 AM

Cutler is their Jim Harbaugh of the 21st century. Grossman was their Tomczak. It amazes me how the team was in complete limbo since late 80s/early 90s and when creating that MONSTER defense along with having Jones at RB, only thing they had to show for it was a SB loss to the Colts.

Absurd. That team had about a five year window early-mid 00s to challenge the Patriots for dominance of the league but they wouldn't ditch Grossman until it was too late. I'll never forget when Grossman went down and Kyle Orton of all people stepped in and they went on a major win streak. Yeah they were winning games with scores like 12-7 but who cares...just showed how incredible that defense was. When Grossman was healthy they put him back in and it all went to shit. That team didn't need a Favre, Manning, or Brady type QB to go all the way. Like the Ravens of 2000, all they needed was a game manager like Trent Dilfer. 

-Adolf Hitler

#205 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:21 AM

Cutler is their Jim Harbaugh of the 21st century. Grossman was their Tomczak. It amazes me how the team was in complete limbo since late 80s/early 90s and when creating that MONSTER defense along with having Jones at RB, only thing they had to show for it was a SB loss to the Colts.

They did have a great D, but the Colts handled them, especially when you consider they spotted them 7 on the kickoff.  A better offense to give their D a rest would have helped them immensely, even if they didn't score much more.  Not to mention the Colts got some good practice in against a great D, facing the Ravens (away) in the Divisional round.  It probably didn't help that the Colts got Bob Sanders back late in the season, as fresh as a player can be for the playoffs, and he was dominant.  Too bad he was so injury prone, because that guy was fun to watch and could have had a HoF career.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#206 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 08:42 AM

While devastated Le'Veon Bell is done for the year with a torn MCL, I'm beyond thrilled with how my Steelers' very young D has performed this year. Big Ben just needs to stay healthy going forward, and I think we have a good chance to face the Pats' in the AFC Championship.

#207 Smoking Guns

Smoking Guns

Members

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 11:47 PM

Cam Newton and the Panthers may win the whole damn thing.

#208 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 10:39 AM

Saints choked at the end.

#209 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:16 PM

GO SAINTS!

#210 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 14 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

GO SAINTS!

lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users