227 replies to this topic

#16 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 09:57 PM

TD Pittsburg ! Troy Polomolu pick off return with 4 minutes left. 23-14 Pittsburg.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#17 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

Wow! what a hit on both but mainly on Willis Maghee he was out!
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#18 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 18 January 2009 - 10:35 PM

Pittsburgh Vs. Arizona in the Super Bowl. High power Cards Offense against High powered Steelers Defense as well of a pretty good offense.

#19 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 19 January 2009 - 08:30 PM

Rex Ryan to be named the NY Jets next head coach. The former Asst. Coach and Defensive coordinator of the Ravens is the son of former Jets Superbowl III winner Buddy Ryan. His brother is also the defensive coordinator of the Cleveland Browns. He is a tough no nonsense coach yet very well liked by his players. Steve Spagnuolo former defensive coordinator of last seasons Super Bowl winning NY Giants has been named the new head coach of the St. Louis Rams. Eric Mangini former NY Jets Head Coach has been named the next head coach of the Cleveland Browns. Raheem Morris has been named the next head coach of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. He was promoted from defensive backs coach to defensive coordinator to head coach in just a few weeks time. Mark Dominik has been named the Bucs G.M. after 15 years as a top scout most of them with the Bucs. Jim Schwartz, former defensive coordinator of the Tennessee Titans, has been named the next head coach of the Detroit Lions. He has worked for several teams but says his mentors are Bill Belichick and Jeff Fisher. Josh McDaniels has been named the next head coach of the Denver Broncos. He has kept many of the coaches from Shanahan's staff but sources say he has chosen former 49er's head coach Mike Nolan as defensive coordinator to shore up the flailing Denver defense. Nolan has had a long relationship with Denver starting out as Dan Reeves special teams and linebackers coach. Jim Caldwell has been named the next head coach for the Indianapolis Colts. Caldwell was the handpicked successor of the team by Tony Dungy. He has been with Dungy's coaching staff since 2001. Jim Mora has been named the next coach of the Seattle Seahawks. The former defensive coordinator of the 49er's and former head coach of the often injured Atlanta Falcons and of a team who's franchise QB who was arrested and imprisoned has a new lease on football life with the Seahawks. There are obstacles though. The owners have the respect and enthusiasm to believe Mora is the man to turn the team around. I like that the fact that he's a class act and believes he should dress for the job; a suit and tie. The Green Bay Packers have named Dom Capers defensive coordinator for next season. We'll see what else happens in the next couple of weeks to get the teams secured for next years start.

#20 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:11 PM

Kansas City Chiefs fire Herm Edwards making him the 11th. Head Coach to lose his job this year. Well Edwards does not have a good track record as a head coach and may not get one again...Shanahan is reported to be the next head coach of the chiefs. Dan Reeves is also talking to the 49ers about taking over the offensive coordinators job.....

#21 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:14 PM

Shanahan would be a great fit for Kansas City & he will make sure they win more than 2 like this year, but just don't expect him to put a defense together for ya Chiefs fans, believe me...it won't happen!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#22 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:22 PM

I hear you. Someone will though!

#23 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:30 PM

Chiefs have been struggling with defense ever since derek thomas died. It is amazing how many coaching moves have happened this year, no job is safe, these owners hire them & expect miracles immediately & if you don't show something in 2 seasons, most likely you're packing your shit!!!

#24 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 02:38 PM

Yes it's true. There are many guys to pick in the draft and from free agency. How bad Herm and comp. leave them with the salary cap?

#25 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:20 PM

Steelers!!!! Steelers!!!

#26 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 03:30 PM

I hope so

#27 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:08 PM

That's gonna be a TOUGH game, I think Arizona has a better offense but Pittsburgh has the better defense, either way, I'm having lots of food & lots of drinks & don't really care about the outcome, I'm waiting for Springsteen at the halftime show.....Hell Yeah!!!

#28 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:49 PM

I'm not a big halftime guy. I guess I'm a purist? Saty what you will about Big Ben, the guy took hit after hit all year including being knocked ot and carted off the field. His injury report for the year is crazy. Each week it was another body part....He's a tough dude.

#29 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:14 PM

Not denying that, I like Ben as well, I also like Warner, for a man his age to be competing like he is I think is a great thing to watch, And I'm not usually a big halftime person either but Springsteen is one of the better acts they've gotten in years. Like earlier I said my teams already out so I just want to see a really close game where it's fun for whatever party your at, the party usually seems to die early when 1 team is up by 45 point!!!

#30 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 10:24 PM

Warner is no slouch! He's a arena guy so he's also used to getting hit and getting rid of the ball quick. He is of HOF caliber.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users