"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#17 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:14 AM

I have a friend that had two of them; if memory serves, one was about 220lbs, and the other was about 180. Their bark is enough to scare the shit out of a person. And their shit... well, you can imagine.

#18 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 07:32 AM

My friend has a Mastiff @ 160lbs and an Akita @ about 100lbs. It's insane when they lay in the front door, it looks likes like there is a bear laying in the house. His son is a big kid and when the dogs bother him he just punches them or tackles and pins them. They run away and lay in the prone position when he yells, however if you took one step onto the porch, they appear in the windows growling and barking. It is a bit horrifying when 2 bear heads appear at the windows.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#19 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:05 PM

I absolutely love Mastiff...I have been thinking about one for over a year but I have to move and get a bigger place. I was looking at a Brazillian Mastiff last week and they are a bit smaller and their coat has more red in it. I girl I know who lives over off the boardwalk in the Beaches has one named Chud..sweetest animal I have ever encountered. Anyone gets with 30 ft of her kids in the yard, the dog is on it.They have a HUGE doggie door, like the whole bottom half of the door almost and they know it is big enough for a human to get in but seriously, they are not worried!

#20 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:09 PM

If you see that youtube clip a little bit up, you'll see the huge marks they leave all over their owners house unintentionally. They just have these effin bear claws on 'em that tear shit up.

#21 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Alex had to see this thread before he went back over to his dad's..he loves the mastiffs as well

#22 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 September 2009 - 05:17 PM

I got the Missus looking at the dog shelters online with me today and I think we may adopt a little dog. I really want that lab I posted, I just love labs. She also found a little dog that she likes. I guess it's just that weak liberal in me wanting to save everything. I do have a strong feeling we will be coming home with another doggie soon. Three dogs doesn't seem like too much does it? Maybe four? =)

#23 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:24 PM

Damn, the two dogs I have been looking at online have already had their foster parents/shelters write me back. LOL, I may end up with two more dogs by the end of the week. My wife is 100% with me in this insanity. What is wrong with me?

#24 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:37 PM

You have to take that lab, I insist like I already told you on FB. He looks so damn sad in that pic and he needs you to take him home.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:58 PM

You have to take that lab, I insist like I already told you on FB. He looks so damn sad in that pic and he needs you to take him home.

The person who wrote me back said they just rescued him from being put down not long ago. =(

#26 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:06 PM

Well, no wonder he is sad!
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#27 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:39 AM

breaks my heart. If I had the space and the money I have a variable farm of animals. I'd love to rescue everything from litters of kitties to dogs,hamsters..even bunnies. We regularly donate to the SPCA here..even if it isn't money, we donate 10 kilo bags of food etc.

#28 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:06 AM

Food and time is often what those places need. Money too of course.

#29 LISA

LISA

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,740 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

Alex walks the dogs sometimes on Sundays.He got to use it as some of his volunteer hours for highschool..doesn't matter to him though, he would have done it for absolutely nothing. He is an animal lover to the extreme

#30 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

I walked my doggies last night, they did real well. I'm trying to get them more obedient.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users