93 replies to this topic

#46 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 November 2011 - 05:14 PM

From D on Facebook, our Thanksgiving message we should take to heart: [blockquote] cooking stuff isn't THAT hard!!![/blockquote]
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#47 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:06 PM

Been a fantastic Thanksgiving. Just me,Joann an the dog and to be honest, that is alright with me! I love my family don't get me wrong, but was a pretty nice change just having us to cook for. I will definitely start doing this every year. I stayed very basic today, turkey breast, Dressing from scratch, mac and cheese, Those awesome Parker House Rolls an a Pumpkin Pie Next year, I am gonna add a couple dishes to it and try to do a dessert from scratch. My Mom makes this great Red Velvet Cake with home made Frosting.. gonna get the recipe and try it. I honestly was very pleased/shocked at how fun and not that much of a hassle cooking this was.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#48 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:17 PM

Glad you had fun starting your own tradition for the holiday. I did a pretty easy version of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, too. I cooked turkey legs in a clay pot---couldn't have been easier. I also had cranberries, twice loaded baked potatoes and pumpkin pie. No bad considering we already had our Thanksgiving last Sunday with family. You should try a red velvet cake for Christmas.

#49 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:23 PM

Way too many people at the crib to day... fuck I need lots a beers!!

#50 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 09:28 PM

Glad you had fun starting your own tradition for the holiday. I did a pretty easy version of a traditional Thanksgiving dinner, too. I cooked turkey legs in a clay pot---couldn't have been easier. I also had cranberries, twice loaded baked potatoes and pumpkin pie. No bad considering we already had our Thanksgiving last Sunday with family.

You should try a red velvet cake for Christmas.

Good Idea. I am definitely going home for Christmas and could get my Mom to show me how and help her then.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#51 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

Just four of us today. I ate light and was still a little full. I still waiting to have homemade pecan and chocolate chip pie.

#52 lynn

lynn

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,492 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Michigan

Posted 25 November 2011 - 11:51 AM

That pie sounds wonderful!!! Cracker Barrel wasn't all that bad - obviously, not like making the meal at home, but it was good. The place was packed with people! I mainly enjoyed spending the afternoon with the boys. Oh, and I bought a take-out order just so I could have some leftovers today!

#53 Zimbochick

Zimbochick

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:14 PM

I'm glad you had a good time with your boys Lynn, that's the important part.

This was our Thanksgiving table.

Posted Image

#54 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:20 PM

^^ you forgot the people
Show me your dragon magic

#55 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 25 November 2011 - 12:27 PM

Thank god for online shopping.......

http://latimesblogs....ay-attack-.html
In Porter Ranch, a woman pepper sprayed customers at a Wal-Mart in what authorities say was a deliberate attempt to get more "door buster" merchandise.
Show me your dragon magic

#56 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:08 PM

Great looking table, Zimbochick! Lynn, we used to have a Cracker Barrel near by but they closed. I really miss it. TAP: I can't believe how crazy people get on Black Friday. Some of the online stores I use sent e-mails this morning advertising online specials. I ended up buying some stuff. I'll bet that practice will increase in the coming years.

#57 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 November 2011 - 02:50 PM

In Porter Ranch, a woman pepper sprayed customers at a Wal-Mart in what authorities say was a deliberate attempt to get more "door buster" merchandise.

Pepper spray is so in vogue right now.

#58 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2011 - 04:17 PM

Pepper spray is so in vogue right now.

Ya, it's just made out of a food product....says the pundits on Fox. Nothing to get your panties in a bunch over. Posted Image

#59 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:11 PM

We were stuck for two hours on I10 this evening right outside of Layfette Louisiana. There was a huge wreck about a mile ahead of us. I'm not sure how many people died but it was the worst car accident scene I had ever seen in my life. When we finally got to drive through, it looked like a cross between the aftermath of a tornado and a war zone. Three lanes wide, with personal belongings, and car parts scattered for about 100 yards. A semi which was off the road and smashed in, a truck that was crunched from both ends, almost folded in half. Another truck/SUV that was completely decimated, it literally looked like it had been blown up by a roadside bomb. It was really sad to see, I'm certain there were a few fatalities, I just don't know how many for sure.

Funny though, was for about an hour or so after the wreck, everybody drove like angels. Nobody stayed in the left lane longer than the time needed to pass. People used signals, went slower, and didn't act like they had before. Driving through that scene obviously got everybody together. It was an extremely violent accident without a doubt.

http://www.klfy.com/....asp?s=11589503

Five deaths.

That's actually a little down the road and earlier than mine. I found that last night when I looked. Mine was this one:

http://www.katc.com/...0-wreck-update/

Shortly after we made it through to I 12 my wife fell asleep and we drove into Mississippi and it was all I thought about. I woke up this morning and I can't get the image out of my head. It was just awful. I feel bad for the families, because you know they were more than likely coming home from seeing them.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry to hear this. Those poor families.

"No other persons involved in the crash were injured." — This is amazing. My cousin's husband and 6-year-old daughter were killed when a car crossed the freeway median, slammed into a truck, did a 360, then slammed into them head-on. Both were strapped into their seats properly, but when an SUV going 80 mph smashes directly into you when you're going 80 mph, you're gonna be dead just from the impact.

So heartbreaking. I'm so sorry you had to witness that, Jason. Damn. Just, damn.

#60 Jill

Jill

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 November 2011 - 01:29 PM

The Missus and I are skipping the turkey and cooking...fried chicken. Posted Image

Happy T day you bastards...

We also had chicken, but roasted, not fried. :)

Posted Image

The aftermath of what didn't fit in the dishwasher:

Posted Image

Before this we did our annual tradition and brought food down to Gobble Gobble Give (big pans of mashed potatoes, green beans sauteed with mushrooms, spaghetti with turkey meatballs, and two big boxes of mini chocolate covered doughnuts) then delivered meals to homeless people on the streets around L.A. I got one of the best hugs ever. That's what Thanksgiving's all about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users