#3466 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:04 AM

I agree 100% but isn't that beside the point? Does the average voter need to see them saying this shit?

Do you watch Veep? Other than the Trump factor this election is starting to feel like a long, drawn out episode.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3467 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 06:41 AM

Doesn't the DNC try to claim their voters are the most educated/informed. I know that's a lie obviously since their largest voting demographics are the least educated and most impoverished, but this whole "keep them ignorant" thing is really showing the chinks in the PC armor.

Don't notice the man behind the curtain.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3468 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 July 2016 - 12:19 PM

Cluck cluck cluck.

Anyone who believes that the DNC being in the tank for Hillary (duh) is a bigger story than the Russian government interfering in our elections in order to benefit or harm a particular candidate is completely misguided.  I realize you guys on the right hate her with a damn near primal rage.  Hell, I don't like her much myself.  But political parties long picked out candidates and have long since done their best to control which candidates get the nod and what they do while in office.  This is only news to the uninformed. 

But a foreign power --- against whom we were once bitter adversaries and are now on largely frosty terms --- interfering in our electoral process is exceptional.  Anyone whose neck isn't currently being choked off by their sphincter (aka "head up their ass") would realize that and know it for the awful thing it is, REGARDLESS of which candidate it happened to.  It's one thing entirely to want to tear down a broken system.  What gets built up in its place?  If it's what an interfering Russian government prefers, then GTFO.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3469 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 July 2016 - 01:19 PM

Of course it's a bad thing. Don't you see the irony in the party of the candidate who had an unsecure server for 4 years being hacked?

I'm certainly not condoning Russia's actions and I already stated this is how the sausage is made and you'd find the same things on the RNC. But the Democrats have been calling Republicans racist and bigoted the past 10 years, trying to exploit every comment for the victim crowd. Just look as how they've portrayed Trump for celebrating cinco de mayo with a taco bowl.

Now everyone can see how full of shit they are. Excuse me for not shedding a tear as the facade of the DNC's political correctness shatters.

Were you outraged when Carter's grandson infiltrated a private Romney dinner and gave us the 47% controversy. Were you upset when the media mocked McCain for speaking to citizens at a German restaurant while Obama campaigned before non citizens in Germany? I don't want foreign influence in our elections either. But the media has no problem taking the opinions of foreign leaders criticizing Trump to influence public opinion.

A foreign intelligence releasing the truth is less damaging than allowing foreign interests to trump the interests of actual citizens by inviting in dangerous refugees and immigrants.

#3470 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:13 AM

The US was meddling in Russia and Ukraine elections. I don't remember many being outraged about that. Putin is just playing the same game but on a bigger scale.

Anyways, Flagg is right....

A foreign intelligence releasing the truth is less damaging than allowing foreign interests to trump the interests of actual citizens by inviting in dangerous refugees and immigrants.

qNDoNP8.jpg

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#3471 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:15 PM

Of course it's a bad thing. Don't you see the irony in the party of the candidate who had an unsecure server for 4 years being hacked?

No, Alanis, because that's not irony.  If you want a better explanation, look toward GOP themes on rape and simply say they were "asking for it." 

I'm certainly not condoning Russia's actions and I already stated this is how the sausage is made and you'd find the same things on the RNC. But the Democrats have been calling Republicans racist and bigoted the past 10 years, trying to exploit every comment for the victim crowd. Just look as how they've portrayed Trump for celebrating cinco de mayo with a taco bowl.

Many Republicans HAVE been racist and bigoted for a number of years. Just wanted to clarify, since it seemed your answer was open to interpretation.

Beyond that, I don't know about this "taco bowl" incident, nor do I have a fucking clue what a taco bowl is.  Is that a taco salad?  Either way, nutjob right wing press jumped all over Obama for eating a hamburger with dijon mustard, so suffice it to say that the media isn't my go-to source for quality commentary.  But wasn't this about Russia?  What does any of that have to do with the media and/or taco bowls?

Now everyone can see how full of shit they are. Excuse me for not shedding a tear as the facade of the DNC's political correctness shatters.

Of course they're full of shit.  I have no problem with the facade shattering.  I have a problem with cheering on the foreign power that is interfering in our elections.

Were you outraged when Carter's grandson infiltrated a private Romney dinner and gave us the 47% controversy.

Let me rephrase.  Was I outraged when an American told the American public what one American was saying to other Americans?  No, I was not.  Any person in that room could have taped it and given it out.  Similarly not outraged.  Further, if Putin had a meeting with a candidate and said what they talked about in the meeting, I would also NOT be outraged.  That is quite different from hacking (illegal) and taking (illegal) private emails and putting them out there for public view.  If the recipient of those emails had said "this is bullshit!" and put them out...you guessed it, I'm not outraged.  Quite simply, it is the ILLEGALITY of a FOREIGN POWER that is HACKING OUR PRIVATE CORRESPONDENCES that I find outrageous. 

Were you upset when the media mocked McCain for speaking to citizens at a German restaurant while Obama campaigned before non citizens in Germany? I don't want foreign influence in our elections either. But the media has no problem taking the opinions of foreign leaders criticizing Trump to influence public opinion.

As with taco-bowl-gate, I also have no recollection of German-restaurant-gate.  Both are equally fucking retarded, in my opinion. 

And, again, what does this have to do with media?  Despite "Adolf"'s assertion that you're "right", you're taking the basic point I argued, which was about electoral politics, and trying to hide it behind a heaping pile of DNC/Media/Tacos/recent-history, as if any of that somehow makes a major foreign power actively interfering in our elections less of an outrage.  I'm happy to discuss the media, we have a thread for it, and I'll likely agree with you that it's not very good.  None of that means anything about this, however.

Yet another obfuscation.  You're right of course.  The Russian government is far less of a threat than immigrants.  Because they're all rapists and murderers. 

The US was meddling in Russia and Ukraine elections. I don't remember many being outraged about that. Putin is just playing the same game but on a bigger scale.

Russia was meddling in Ukrainian elections.  Trying to help them resist that doesn't strike me as meddling in the same way.  And you can't meddle in "elections" in an authoritarian state.  That's like blaming the US for the 1% of the vote that Saddam DIDN'T win, back in his day.

But, no, we should not meddle in elections.  I suppose "meddle" is vague, so I'm open to debate on what that entails.  But I'm pretty sure that hacking a political party counts.

Sister burn the temple

#3472 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 06:32 AM

Its definitely meddling. I doubt that is open to debate....assuming the link to Russia is true. I'm just not that shocked by it and think the headline should be what is contained in the leak and not who leaked it.

When GNR tracks leaked in 2006..... did you listen to them or did you ignore them and sit around bitching about "wes" and darknemus instead? :P

The Alanis thing was funny.

-----

Standoff? Commission defends debate schedule amid Trump complaints

Donald Trump's campaign is pushing to reschedule two of the presidential debates set for this fall, but the Commission on Presidential Debates, the nonpartisan group responsible for scheduling, is standing firm.

"Our position on the debates is we want as many people, as many voters, to be participants in and to see the debates as possible," Jason Miller, senior communications adviser with the Trump campaign, said on CNN's "Reliable Sources" Sunday.

The campaign is concerned that two of the three presidential debates are set to take place on the same nights as nationally televised NFL games.

The debate scheduling process is always difficult. Debates and football games have overlapped numerous times before, including twice in 2012.

In a statement on Sunday afternoon, the commission indicated that the dates will not be changing: "CPD believes the dates for the 2016 debates will serve the American public well."

One hour later, Hillary Clinton's campaign signaled that it has no problem with the calendar. "This is just more Trump debate malarkey," Clinton campaign chair John Podesta tweeted. "We will be at the debates set by the bipartisan debate commission and expect he will too."

Trump has not said that he'll skip the debates. Instead, he and his allies have questioned the fairness of the scheduling.

The Republican candidate started a debate over the debates on Friday, when, in a tweet, he accused Clinton and the Democratic party of "trying to rig the debates."

Two of the debates "are up against major NFL games," Trump tweeted. "Same as last time w/ Bernie. Unacceptable!"

160731113522-trump-camp-accuses-dems-of-

In fact, the nonpartisan commission -- not the Democratic party -- selected the dates. The schedule was announced in September 2015.

Miller was asked on "Reliable Sources" whether Trump would seek to change the schedule when it talks with the commission in the coming weeks.

"We would like the debates to not be head-to-head against major NFL games. That's something we'll be discussing as we go into negotiations," Miller said. "We think it's only right that as many people are able to watch the debates as possible."

The debate organizers agree that access to the debates is important, but they note that the forums are easy to find all across TV. People who choose to watch the football games live can still watch the debates later via DVRs, video-on-demand and web streams.

The commission took an unusual step by defending itself in detail through its Sunday afternoon statement.

"The [CPD] started working more than 18 months ago to identify religious and federal holidays, baseball league playoff games, NFL games, and other events in order to select the best nights for the 2016 debates," the group said. "It is impossible to avoid all sporting events, and there have been nights on which debates and games occurred in most election cycles. A debate has never been rescheduled as a result."

NFL games are played on Sundays, Mondays and Thursdays in the fall. Fridays and Saturdays are effectively ruled out because TV viewing is lower on weekend evenings. That leaves only Tuesdays and Wednesdays, which themselves may be affected by baseball's World Series.

The commission seeks to space out the debates and schedule them for different nights of the week.

In a thinly veiled attempt to say that debates matter more than football, the commission noted that more than 1,000 NFL games are played every four years, versus just four general election debates over that same period.

Furthermore, the commission said it purposefully announces the debate dates a year ahead of time "in order for the television networks to have maximum lead time and predictability."

Trump acted as if the dates were news, however. In an interview with ABC News, Trump said of the debate scheduling, "I got a letter from the NFL saying, 'This is ridiculous.'"

The NFL denied that. "While we'd obviously wish the debate commission could find another night, we did not send a letter to Trump," a spokesman said.

On "Reliable Sources," Miller said Trump had been notified of the overlap by a "source close to the league." He dismissed any question over whether Trump had actually gotten a letter from the NFL as "semantics."

Another Trump aide asserted that "millions of voters" will be "disenfranchised by these chosen dates."

Because Trump skipped one of the GOP primary debates in January, there has been speculation among observers that he may quibble with the fall debate schedule or even threaten to not show up.

But it would be risky for Trump to turn down the debates. Voters consistently tell pollsters that the sessions help them decide which candidate to support.

Campaigns routinely haggle over the details of the debates, right down to the temperature of the studio, but every major party candidate in modern times has ultimately agreed to participate.

RNC officials backed up Trump's debate scheduling objections on Saturday and Sunday.

And Trump ally Newt Gingrich, who was on the short list to become Trump's vice president, tweeted that the NFL conflict "makes me think the commission is rigged to help hide Hillary from the voters."

The commission is led by both Republicans and Democrats. It has organized general election debates for three decades.

http://money.cnn.com...rces/index.html

-----

He better not be trying to chicken shit out of the debates. Sweet Baby Jesus, just when you think this election cant get any stranger.....it does. I'm not buying the football excuse. There's something on TV every day of the week that gets high ratings. What if a blockbuster movie is in theaters that week? The list of excuses with such a tactic could be endless.

Months ago I predicted he could mop the floor with her in a debate......now he may not even show up.

-Adolf Hitler

#3473 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:24 AM

After Clinton's personal server fiasco, I'd have expected the DNC and her campaign to secure their systems tighter than Fort Knox.

I guess I'm just giving them too much credit. Who can afford competent IT security when you have to budget in diversity photos and fly in the mothers of attempted cop killers.

#3474 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 August 2016 - 07:59 AM

Its definitely meddling. I doubt that is open to debate....assuming the link to Russia is true. I'm just not that shocked by it and think the headline should be what is contained in the leak and not who leaked it.

When GNR tracks leaked in 2006..... did you listen to them or did you ignore them and sit around bitching about "wes" and darknemus instead? :P

160731113522-trump-camp-accuses-dems-of-

-----

He better not be trying to chicken shit out of the debates. Sweet Baby Jesus, just when you think this election cant get any stranger.....it does. I'm not buying the football excuse. There's something on TV every day of the week that gets high ratings. What if a blockbuster movie is in theaters that week? The list of excuses with such a tactic could be endless.

Months ago I predicted he could mop the floor with her in a debate......now he may not even show up.

Interesting comparison to GNR, though I'm not sure I'd apply the same level of seriousness to it. 

There's been a "theory" (for lack of better word) for months that he'd get his clock cleaned in a debate and, as such, wouldn't do them.  Regardless of who we think would win, we deserve to see our potential leaders answering tough questions, live.

After Clinton's personal server fiasco, I'd have expected the DNC and her campaign to secure their systems tighter than Fort Knox.

I guess I'm just giving them too much credit. Who can afford competent IT security when you have to budget in diversity photos and fly in the mothers of attempted cop killers.

I agree their security should be better, but in IT wars I'd still bet on Russian government over DNC. 

Sister burn the temple

#3475 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:20 PM

I think we've seen enough at this point to understand that no server is 100% safe. I don't care how tight you lock it up. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3476 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 August 2016 - 09:46 PM

I think Donald may have finally pushed it too far this time with the Khan family. He should have just kept his mouth shut, but he couldn't. He simply has no control. Vet groups are blasting him for this, and rightfully so. I'd like to see more Republicans step up and denounce this shit. 

New polls give Hilldawg a ten and seven point bump respectively. Yes, it's post convention, but that's a huge jump compared to what Trump got. 

A new poll shows it dead even...in Georgia. 

And now...nudes of Melania have surfaced. Good ones too...girl on girl. I'm sure the evangelicals will just love this. 

Trump is already complaining about the debates...he knows he is going to get his clock cleaned. 

1zqdefm.jpg

29lk5g6.jpg

10ngiee.jpg

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3477 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:39 AM

Wow, even a little S&M.  Personally I don't care at all.  Is there anything more American than a rich guy with a trophy wife? 

Sister burn the temple

#3478 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 08:36 AM

http://www.bloomberg...ce-as-sickening

Freedom, what is the difference between Hollande interfering and Putin's alleged interference?  One is offering an opinion while one is offering the unfettered truth.

#3479 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 03 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

http://www.bloomberg...ce-as-sickening

Freedom, what is the difference between Hollande interfering and Putin's alleged interference?  One is offering an opinion while one is offering the unfettered truth.

Freedom of speech is a cherished American and French value...not so much in Russia though.

Hacking and electronic theft are illegal.

Putin is free to say whatever he wants.  In fact, his public endorsement of Trump would be most welcome.

Sister burn the temple

#3480 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:18 PM

Clint Eastwood telling it like it is. Maybe if more celebs would start ranting on this PC garbage, it will finally go away.

The Hollywood tough guy has derided ‘a pussy generation’ obsessed with political correctness in an expletive-riddled Esquire interview

Another Republican luminary has gone public with strong feelings about Donald Trump. Really, really strong feelings. He didn’t pussyfoot like Paul Ryan. He wasn’t a convention no-show like John Kasich.

Hollywood tough guy Clint Eastwood emptied both barrels in an interview with Esquire magazine, aiming squarely at those who have taken the presidential candidate to task for racism and other, well, rough edges.

“He’s said a lot of dumb things,” the actor and director said of the man who has pilloried Mexicans, Muslims, immigrants, women, and the list goes on. “So have all of them. Both sides. But everybody – the press and everybody’s going, ‘Oh, well, that’s racist’, and they’re making a big hoodoo out of it.”

Eastwood’s advice to America: “Just fucking get over it. It’s a sad time in history.”

This country, he said, is plagued by what he derided as “a pussy generation”, and he wasn’t talking about all those cute videos your mom posts on Facebook.

Trump, the actor fumed, is “onto something, because secretly everybody’s getting tired of political correctness, kissing up. That’s the kiss-ass generation we’re in right now. We’re really in a pussy generation. Everybody’s walking on eggshells.

“We see people accusing people of being racist and all kinds of stuff,” Eastwood continued. “When I grew up, those things weren’t called racist.”

He knows a thing or two about racial slurs, as anyone who has watched the movie Gran Torino can attest. In it, he plays Walt Kowalski, a retired auto worker and Korean War veteran who hates the Asian, Latino and black families that move into his changing neighborhood.

Before he gets a change of heart and becomes heartwarmingly friendly with an Asian teen who was pushed by gang members to steal his eponymous car, Eastwood/Kowalski lets loose with pretty much any slur you can think of – “chinks”, “zipperheads”, “jabbering gooks”.

In a bar scene when he’s surrounded by his old, white guy friends, he lets loose with a joke that sets them all off laughing: “I’ve got one”, he starts, waving his half-full pint glass. “A Mexican, a Jew and a colored guy go into a bar. The bartender looks up and says, ‘Get the fuck out of here.’”

Ba dum bum.

“And then when I did Gran Torino,” Eastwood told Esquire, “even my associate said, ‘This is a really good script, but it’s politically incorrect’. And I said, ‘Good. Let me read it tonight’. The next morning, I came in and I threw it on his desk and I said, ‘We’re starting this immediately’.”

On Trump’s deriding Indiana-born US district judge Gonzalo Curiel for being unfair because of his Mexican heritage, Eastwood was dismissive. “Yeah,” he said, “It’s a dumb thing.”

Eastwood has not endorsed his rhetorical soulmate, he said, but given a choice between the billionaire real estate mogul and the former US secretary of state, he’ll vote for Trump in a heartbeat. After all, Hillary Clinton said she would carry on Obama’s legacy, which is anathema to a man who was once the mayor of an upscale seaside town in California.

Besides, he said, Clinton’s is “a tough voice to listen to for four years”.

The worst thing about politics today, says the man who describes himself as part of the “anti-pussy generation. Not to be confused with pussy” – is that politicians basically put him to sleep

“They’re boring everybody,” he said. “Chesty Puller, a great Marine general, once said, ‘You can run me, and you can starve me, and you can beat me, and you can kill me, but don’t bore me.’ And that’s exactly what’s happening now: everybody is boring everybody. It’s boring to listen to all this shit. It’s boring to listen to these candidates.”

If he were writing a stump speech today, Eastwood said, it would be, “Knock it off. Knock everything off.”

If only.

https://www.theguard...quire-interview

-Adolf Hitler

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users