#3616 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:47 PM

I am so ready to hear that man not talk in public anymore.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#3617 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:58 PM

Anybody seen any Trump ads?  I haven't seen a single one on the air.  I just checked Living Room Candidate...I guess he only has one ad? 

Sister burn the temple

#3618 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 07 September 2016 - 01:52 PM

^ Dude doesn't really need any save for battleground states. All the free media he could ever want.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3619 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:22 PM

Anybody seen any Trump ads?  I haven't seen a single one on the air.  I just checked Living Room Candidate...I guess he only has one ad? 

I saw a banner ad on a youtube video when I was in incognito mode once...

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#3620 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 07 September 2016 - 02:31 PM

I still think Hillary is going to win rather easily, but I did read an article that proposed Trump might win the popular vote while Clinton won the electoral.  Just like with Gore, if that happened, there's no discussion on who should be president.  But do you think such a scenario would lead to altering how the winner is determined.  I'm a big proponent of keeping the electoral, but making them proportional to the amount of votes candidates receive in each state.  I can see a scenario coming soon where a wack job state decides anyone can vote regardless of legal status, so proportional electoral votes can help mitigate any damage caused by a state looking to have its ass handed to it by SCOTUS.

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#3621 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:02 AM

Gary Johnson just got (metaphorically) murdered on Morning Joe.  Doesn't have a clue what Aleppo is. 

Sister burn the temple

#3622 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 September 2016 - 08:13 AM

I still think Hillary is going to win rather easily, but I did read an article that proposed Trump might win the popular vote while Clinton won the electoral.  Just like with Gore, if that happened, there's no discussion on who should be president.  But do you think such a scenario would lead to altering how the winner is determined.  I'm a big proponent of keeping the electoral, but making them proportional to the amount of votes candidates receive in each state.  I can see a scenario coming soon where a wack job state decides anyone can vote regardless of legal status, so proportional electoral votes can help mitigate any damage caused by a state looking to have its ass handed to it by SCOTUS.

We have to keep the college because to get rid of it requires an Amendment, which wont happen because the college overpowers small states.  So does the Senate, which is why most anti-EC Amendments die in the Senate. 

Your solution is a good one, mostly.  But I'd highlight three reasons why I'm against it.  Those reasons are 1992, 1996, and 2000.  Each year saw no candidate win a majority of the vote and each would then have led to no candidate reaching 270 EVs.  Thus, each election, three in a row, would have gone to the Congress to decide.  Do we really want Congress deciding our Presidential elections?  I sure don't.

I'm in favor of the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact.  States award electoral votes.  This agreement would have states award their votes to the winner of the national popular vote, regardless of who wins in that particular state.  The compact has been passed by many states and will go into effect when enough states have joined such that the winner of the popular vote will win all of those states and have 270+ electoral votes, thus guaranteeing that the popular vote winner is the college winner.  To my mind, this is the best way to address the fact that you can't get rid of the college but to fundamentally alter it to better reflect our democratic (small d) values.

Sister burn the temple

#3623 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 08 September 2016 - 11:42 AM

Johnson's Aleppo gaffe and Mark Levin saying he is no longer a #NeverTrumper help the Donald!

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3624 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

Johnson's polling around 8%. I have a hunch most of his votes would go to Trump should his gaffe hurt him.

#3625 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 08 September 2016 - 04:09 PM

Johnson's Aleppo gaffe and Mark Levin saying he is no longer a #NeverTrumper help the Donald!

Like Donald would have known anything about Aleppo either, lol. 

I'd imagine the debates will leave the Donald exposed on other topics like Johnson was on that. 

#3626 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 08 September 2016 - 09:34 PM

Still the gaffe of all gaffes?

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#3627 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:43 AM

The audio was tweaked on that. But even if it wasn't, I never understood the brouhaha over it. I thought Dean was aggressive and super smart. I would have loved to see him take on W in a debate. That whole thing was strange to me. 

#3628 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 01:28 PM

14224751_1617186398574024_37770607268867

#3629 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:40 PM

That meme is funny, but "C" actually stands for Confidential, not Classified.  I pissed some friends off on Facebook pointing that out.

#3630 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 September 2016 - 02:53 PM

Remember Cheney's totally made-up system of classifying things? 

Sister burn the temple

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users