#1 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:25 PM

Anyone into Inbetweeners? Funniest Britcom to come along in a while, really far from being PC - set in a UK 6th form (roughly last two years of high school). 3rd series just started and the highlights were guy in a wheelchair being a douche, pedo teacher and very visual testicle joke. BBC America shows it but censors the %*&$ out of the language which fucks it up - best watched on download. Other Britstuff stuff. New Merlin season just started, very light entertainment but strangely compelling. Also new Spooks/MI-5 starts next week. Just downloaded the first seasons of Misfits and Being Human - the latter at least showed on BBCA, anyone watch it?
Show me your dragon magic

#2 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:52 PM

I liked the SHERLOCK series of mini-movies that aired recently. Worth a look. I have been grabbing the Merlins and hope to start at season 1, ep 1 at some point. Also grabbed the recently aired Proms which I think has a sci-fi theme? Posted Image
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#3 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:43 PM

Merlin is amusing - kind of walks the edge of intentional/unintentional humour. The Proms has done Dr Who in the past, did they do it again? So why on earth were you watching Jonathan Ross, do they show that on BBCA? Also just DL'ed Brian Cox's Wonders of the Universe series. Still haven't worked our way through Primeval either, still 6 episodes of S3 to go I think - that show got dumber as it went along unfortunately but we'll stick with it in hope that the reboot will improve it.

#4 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

Matt Smith was also a guest on Jonathan Ross that night. Was watching to see him and watched the whole show. Emma Thompson was on too. On usenet anything with even a remote appearance of a Doctor Who actor gets uploaded to the Who group. So I sometimes get to see all kinds of Brit chat shows, but only one episode of them usually. There was a Graham Norton with Karen Gillan that was cool. Proms are Doctor Who again this year with the new Doctor.

#5 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 September 2010 - 07:48 PM

DId you ever watch Coupling? Caught a few episodes yesterday and was reminded a. How hilarious it is (Geoff in particular is an awesome character) and b. Steven Moffat is the write and it's very autobiographical.

#6 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 12:06 AM

I had not heard of it. Looked around and have found it. Will check it out soon. I understand he did a Jekyll and Hyde thing called Jeckyll. It seems somewhat in the spirit of his Sherlock. It is also on the list to watch at some point.

#7 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:47 PM

Sorry TAP I only watch religious shows and daily mass. BTW your late with your Tithing...
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#8 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

Just started watching Being Human - seems pretty well made and watchable, despite having the silly premise of a ghost, vampire and werewolf living together and trying to fit into the normal world

#9 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:29 PM

They say the camera adds ten pounds sterling.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#10 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 09 October 2010 - 08:18 PM

when did the university of Kentucky get a tv show.

#11 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 October 2010 - 10:31 AM

When did Kentucky get electricity?

#12 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:51 PM

First episode of Torchwood: Miracle Day was pretty cool - good balance of old (UK/BBC) and new (US/Starz) so far.

#13 cousin it

cousin it

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 06:45 AM

When did Kentucky get electricity?

Surprisingly, outside of the coalfields(Appalachia), Kentucky is a very progressive state. It is home to the first university on this side of the mountains, and during antebellum days, it was a leader in national politics. Too, its art and culture has long been recognized... well, the culture, maybe too much. The central part of the state is one of the only areas in the country that has something approaching an aristocracy.

In these days, it isn't as bad as it was, but still, old money rules, here. The nouveau riche are considered little better than the peasantry. But like I said, times aren't as bad as they were 40 or 50 years ago.

On topic: Doc Martin. I watch very little television; generally, just the news, but I have become fascinated with that show. And Caroline Catz... wow! I find her drop dead gorgeous.

Posted Image

#14 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

I am cautiously optimistic for new TORCHWOOD. Have to see how the American stuff unfolds. Gwen + bazooka = awesome.

#15 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 11 July 2011 - 03:45 PM

And Gwen shooting at helicopter, holding baby in other hand. Dead CIA guy seems pretty good, and Pullman was fantastic in his role so far - the rest of the US side is pretty nondescript so far.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users