artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 23 August 2011 - 05:23 PM

This week's TORCHWOOD:

5takei.gif5takei.gif5takei.gif5takei.gif5takei.gif
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#19 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 23 August 2011 - 08:49 PM

It was a good episode, after a bunch of really mediocre episodes. Kinda reminding me of 24 though, they seem to forget what has come before when the plot moves forward sometimes.
Show me your dragon magic

#20 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 24 August 2011 - 10:10 AM

I think I will have to wait until the end to evaluate it. But the last episode definitely had the most man love I have ever seen in a sci/fi show. ;-)

#21 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 August 2011 - 11:06 AM

Always enjoyed Trigger Happy TV. HELLO!
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#22 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 24 August 2011 - 03:08 PM

The hour so far is pretty solid.

#23 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:30 PM

I think I will have to wait until the end to evaluate it. But the last episode definitely had the most man love I have ever seen in a sci/fi show. ;-)

Yeah, it was certainly one of RTD's gay and religious agenda episodes with all the blood collecting and resurrections etc.

#24 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:11 AM

Captain Jack will not remain in the closet for your comfort, Art.

I know what you mean, though. That sex scene in the hotel room featuring the homosexual missionary position freaked me out. I was thinking about the geometric aspects of the act and turning my head sideways like a dog listening to an ambulance siren.

It's a decent show, but it could be a great show. The ideas behind the plot are wonderful. The actors aren't terrible. However, they aren't hitting on all cylinders. They break the tension and suspense of the plot with cheesy attempts at comedy. It isn't a clever type of humor, either.

#25 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 07:52 PM

VOR, if you haven't seen any previous Torchwood, season three is incredible. This season is an experiment to see if a combined UK/American creative team can actually produce a competent Torchwood. The character of Captain Jack was originally into anything that walked but now seems to be mostly gay. I hope if they do another season they can get George Takei to do a cameo. And I don't mind Russell T. Davies' gay explorations, I sat through them in a kids sci-fi show, but Mrs. Cinco had a more negative reaction. (She hasn't seen all the previous stuff.)

#26 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 07 September 2011 - 09:52 PM

Final season of Spooks starts next week, it's like a perfect storm of my fav. UK shows in September.

#27 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

TAP, you ever watch MISFITS or JOKING APART?

#28 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 07:06 AM

VOR, if you haven't seen any previous Torchwood, season three is incredible. This season is an experiment to see if a combined UK/American creative team can actually produce a competent Torchwood.

The character of Captain Jack was originally into anything that walked but now seems to be mostly gay. I hope if they do another season they can get George Takei to do a cameo.

And I don't mind Russell T. Davies' gay explorations, I sat through them in a kids sci-fi show, but Mrs. Cinco had a more negative reaction. (She hasn't seen all the previous stuff.)

Never seen anything before this season. Maybe the attempt to Americanize it is ruining it?

I don't mind the homosexual sex scenes, either. I just thought it was an unusual position but probably one which was chosen to make it seem more tame even if it probably is less realistic. If I were a homosexual, I don't think I would do it that way.

Takei won't be available. He is too busy posing for Social Security billboards with Patty Duke. Seriously. There is a huge one on the way to my parents' house that reminds me of you whenever I see it.

#29 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 08 September 2011 - 05:24 PM

TAP, you ever watch MISFITS or JOKING APART?

I have the first season of Misfits but never watched it. Not sure I've heard of Joking Apart. Just been catching up with Primeval which honestly has become a bit crap by season 5 but now have to see what happens.

#30 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:31 PM

Takei won't be available. He is too busy posing for Social Security billboards with Patty Duke. Seriously. There is a huge one on the way to my parents' house that reminds me of you whenever I see it.

RIGHTEOUS!

patty-duke-george-tekai.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users