61 replies to this topic

#31 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 08 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

TAP, you ever watch MISFITS or JOKING APART?

I have the first season of Misfits but never watched it. Not sure I've heard of Joking Apart. Just been catching up with Primeval which honestly has become a bit crap by season 5 but now have to see what happens.

JOKING APART is the show Steven Moffat did before COUPLING.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#32 VOR

VOR

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 09 September 2011 - 02:01 PM

Takei won't be available. He is too busy posing for Social Security billboards with Patty Duke. Seriously. There is a huge one on the way to my parents' house that reminds me of you whenever I see it.

RIGHTEOUS!

Posted Image

I guess old age is supposed to be the new frontier. Still, I don't think Duke has earned the right to wear the uniform. She looks like a member of the Heaven's Gate cult. I need to see her shoes to confirm.

Agent Albert contacted me. You should tell him about this message board and make him join. While you're at it, make Squid post when I am around.

#33 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:40 PM

The God Complex was pretty cool, though kind of disappointed that there was no follow on anger from previous episode (which was also good as standalone). I like the ambiguity/darkness it's visited, almost wondering if they are setting it up so DW wants his own death in remorse for everyone who has suffered - though signing for another series kind of counters that.
Show me your dragon magic

#34 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:55 PM

Agent Albert contacted me. You should tell him about this message board and make him join. While you're at it, make Squid post when I am around.

I can mention it again to AA. But as for Squidhammer, I can't even get him to join Google+.

#35 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:13 PM

The God Complex was pretty cool, though kind of disappointed that there was no follow on anger from previous episode (which was also good as standalone). I like the ambiguity/darkness it's visited, almost wondering if they are setting it up so DW wants his own death in remorse for everyone who has suffered - though signing for another series kind of counters that.

And how many times has he left Amy and Rory and they pop back in? Might be interesting to see a new companion(s) with MS.

#36 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 25 September 2011 - 04:19 PM

DW Ep 12 was kind of weird. Fun, but we're usually well into the dramatic 2 or 3 part finale by now. Lots to tie up next week.

#37 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:43 PM

Anyone watching the new Ricky Gervais show "Life's too Short". Watched the first episode, thought it was funny - the scene with Liam Neeson wanting to get into improvisational comedy was brilliant.

#38 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 December 2011 - 07:46 PM

Black Mirror - haven't watched ep1 yet but have it, and it's supposed to be really good. Google for details of plot and outrage.

#39 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 06 December 2011 - 08:45 PM

DW Xmas special prequel

http://www.bbc.co.uk...videos/p00m7qjb

#40 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:36 PM

Finally got round to watching BBC Sherlock. Got through the first two episodes from the first season - really very good.

#41 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:23 PM

Love SHERLOCK. Have watched all but final second season ep.

Sent from my iThing with Tapatalk #word

#42 Kujo

Kujo

*RIP*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSlidell, LA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

Sherlock: Love it, so much better than the shit films.
Whitechapel: The Jack the Ripper story in season 1 was pretty good but season 2 slipped a bit, still a good watch.
Jeckyll: Brilliant, wish there were more but glad they quit while they were ahead.
Luther: Didnt care for the first episode but Idris Elba was so good I had to watch the second episode, been hooked since.
An Idiot Abroad: The greatest practical joke ever, and it's caught on film.
Life's Too Short started here last night on HBO and I suspect it will be just as good.
Also anyone who hasnt seen the original Office or Extras should dig those up as well.

#43 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:27 PM

Plan to watch Jekyll soon.

#44 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:31 PM

Life's Too Short was pretty funny, though a bit one-jokey. Best scenes are Gervais/Marchant and famous people. Heard good things about Whitechapel and Luther. I started watching Jeklly but didn't get into it, need to try again.

#45 Kujo

Kujo

*RIP*

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 228 posts
  • LocationSlidell, LA

Posted 20 February 2012 - 07:54 PM

Liam Neeson wanting to do adlib comedy scenes in Episode 1 of Life's Too Short was brilliant.

I forget the actors name, but the person who was the killer in Season 1 Episode 1 of Sherlock is a main character in Whitechapel and really holds the show together.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users