#16 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:41 PM

So does anybody know which one is better? My step daughter seems to like the Nook, says it's more compatible with other things. I wasn't really listening to her though, lol.

One advantage of the Nook is that you can actually get in store help, if needed.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#17 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 November 2010 - 08:04 PM

Well, looks like I'm taking this deal....

http://gizmodo.com/5...kindle-2-for-89

Edit: Or maybe not, I need to read more about it.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#18 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 26 November 2010 - 02:36 PM

Those $89 kindles sold out instantly, lots of angry people on amazon - they've obviously never tried to buy tickets for a big band in a small venue :)
Show me your dragon magic

#19 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 November 2010 - 09:54 PM

Yea, looks like it's back to the 139 thingys for me...

#20 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 December 2010 - 01:26 PM

I didn't get one after all. Maybe another time.

#21 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 27 December 2010 - 03:32 PM

Neither did I. My grandmother usually hands out $50/person on Thanksgiving with the idea of having us do her shopping for her. The missus and I were going to combine our $50 to cover the bulk of a Kindle. Then, for some reason, the $50 never came. I'm sure I'll get one in the future. I'm tempted to hold out until one of them will play books from the other. That's the one I'd likely go with.
Sister burn the temple

#22 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 11 August 2011 - 04:31 PM

I bought a Nook for the Missus today for her birthday a few days back. She's going to be very excited I'm sure. Unless of course she already bought one without me knowing about it.

#23 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:04 PM

I got a Kindle a few weeks back - think it's brilliant. Had never tried one before, so was sceptical, but it's really good. Amazed by the display screen. Can't imagine going back to books.
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#24 Guest_Whistler's Momma_*

Guest_Whistler's Momma_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:10 PM

I got a Kindle a few weeks back - think it's brilliant. Had never tried one before, so was sceptical, but it's really good. Amazed by the display screen. Can't imagine going back to books.

I got mine earlier this summer and feel the same way. The Kindle is so light weight that it makes reading much easier than with real books. I have a cover with a light so I can read in bed and not bother my husband, which is a real plus for me. I hear they are going to be compatible with library books late this year, like the Nook is already is, so that will be great apt.

#25 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 14 August 2011 - 10:48 PM

My wife loves hers already. Just uploaded 340 books like that (Snaps fingers.) Crazy.

#26 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 14 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

Got to love technology!!!

#27 Abaddon

Abaddon

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:04 PM

I got mine earlier this summer and feel the same way. The Kindle is so light weight that it makes reading much easier than with real books. I have a cover with a light so I can read in bed and not bother my husband, which is a real plus for me. I hear they are going to be compatible with library books late this year, like the Nook is already is, so that will be great apt.

I didn't think about a light when I got my cover, but feel like I really need to remedy that now. Sick of having to get up and go to the toilet to keep reading whenever my missus wants to sleep!
"Go ahead, try anything - because you can't fuck up 'Louie, Louie'." --Chris Dahlenhttp://foodstotrybef....wordpress.com/

#28 *D*

*D*

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:34 PM

They seem cool but there is just something i love about turning the pages and holding the actual book. its kinda like Itunes... I will never buy a digital CD of something i love.. gotta have the packaging/booklet etc.
Think u can draft the ultimate band? Sign up and compete against fellow Syndicate members:http://www.thegnrsyn...id=41300#p41300

#29 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

I like so many of the latest inventions because it means you can downsize the way you live. I can have thousands of books in the palm of my hand, as I can music and other media. Do you know how much space that would take up in a home? To me, less is more. Now if I can only get my wife on board with that one....

#30 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 August 2011 - 07:40 AM

I like so many of the latest inventions because it means you can downsize the way you live. I can have thousands of books in the palm of my hand, as I can music and other media. Do you know how much space that would take up in a home? To me, less is more. Now if I can only get my wife on board with that one....

Imagine the multi-tasking you can lay claim to when you consider what you're doing with your OTHER hand!
Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users