#2326 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 28 January 2017 - 01:55 PM

^ So true...

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#2327 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:39 AM

Many hardcores hated this segment. I loved it. It showed that during the looooong Chinese nightmare we endured and 14 years after his departure, Bucket was the only worthy thing that could be used in a situation like this.

It shows what a minor impact new GNR really had on pop culture.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2328 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 10:07 AM

They're ruining this reunion for hardcore fans. Yes we can get an overdose of nostalgia if we buy tickets for a concert but they are not doing anything else. No real hints of new music, no talk of anything that went down, nada.

It should've been so much different.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2329 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 30 January 2017 - 12:21 PM

I'd take some new music.  Even just reworked cast-offs that didn't make it.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#2330 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:45 PM

There is a template. Do massive reunion tours for a few years then do new material and a tour then call it a day.

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#2331 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:52 PM

I guess we'll find out in the fall if they book any studio time when the tour raps up. If we get an announcement of a new 4 month vegas residency, we'll know for sure what this is.
Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#2332 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:44 PM

I don't see new music coming anytime soon. Right now they are making a killing touring the hits and the nostalgia of Slash and Duff being back.

#2333 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 February 2017 - 04:28 AM

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#2334 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:56 AM

Steven's mom seem like a leech to me.

#2335 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:27 AM

Steven is starting to remind me of Norman Bates.

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2336 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 24 February 2017 - 12:40 PM

Steven Adler was recently asked by Eddie Trunk on why he thinks Izzy Stradlin wasn't involved in the ongoing GN'R reunion, to which he replied (via Blabbermouth):

"Because he wants to do it like me - the right way or not at all. The reason I did it and needed to do it was because I got kicked out of the band for reasons I still don't know.

"To say that I'm a drug addict in that band and getting kicked out for drugs is ridiculous. They were doing drugs way more than me, so it's like calling the kettle black.

"But it was different stuff. Axl wanted more control of the thing. Then he wanted control of Izzy, and then he wanted control of Slash and Duff, and so one at a time everybody left until it was the Axl Rose band.

"Like I said, Izzy wants to do it the right way, with the five of us, and I needed to do it, because I needed closure. I got kicked out. I had a road crew, I had management, I had accountants, I had stage people, I had a band, and then one day, literally in one afternoon, I had nobody - I was all alone. And I was scared shitless. I didn't know what to do. What do I do? All I knew was what I was doing. And then I was left all alone. So being able to at least play the one or two songs at the five shows I did was severe closure for me."

The drummer also talked about being banned to play more songs with the band, saying: "Dude, I was in Argentina. Why would they let me play only one song? I have no idea. And out of respect for Fernando [Lebeis, from GN'R management team], I have nothing negative to say, 'cause I was just so glad to be able to do it. And even though it wasn't what it could be and should be, I got closure, and I feel so much better - like there's a billion-ton weight lifted off of me, where I can move forward again."

Asked whether he approached the management to talk about why he's not allowed to play more, Steven replied:

"Of course! I'd start playing another fucking song, and they'd tell me to get off. They'd say, 'Okay, you're done.' And I'd start playing another song, and they'd just turned the sound of. 'Beat it. You're done.' I was, like, 'Okay. Cool.' I got to do that. It's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all, and I got to rock with those guys. And I love Slash and Duff and Axl, and I got to meet some great people that are working with them. And Fernando, who is GN'R's main guy, he's got some good ideas for hopefully this summer, for the 30th anniversary [of 'Appetite for Destruction'] in July, something for the fans. I don't know what it is, but he's a good guy, and I think he's gonna do the right thing… And there never will be an explanation [for why I can't play more songs with them]. It is what it is, and that's that."

Asked whether he's open for doing more shows with the band, Steven replied:

"If we did it the right way, yes. I can't watch somebody… I will share the stage with Frank any day. I'll do the 'Appetite' stuff, which is the great stuff anyways and the fun stuff anyways, and I'll do the 'Lies' stuff, I'll do a couple of 'Illusions' [songs], and let Frank, in the middle of the set, play the 'Chinese Democracy' stuff, some of the 'Illusions' stuff. If we split it, I wouldn't mind sharing the stage with him at all. I mean, if that's what it came down to, I'm cool with that. He's a great guy. [But] I can't [just play one or two songs per show anymore]. It's just too hard. It's too hard. I wanna play more, and I want Izzy to be there. It was the five of us that made magic, and I know we can make that magic again, 'cause it's just who we are. Even though we're twenty-five years older, I know if we got in a room together and started playing, it would be fucking magic."

https://www.ultimate...ns_n_roses.html

"Whereas scientists, philosophers and political theorists are saddled with these drably discursive pursuits, students of literature occupy the more prized territory of feeling and experience." - Terry Eagleton

#2337 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:21 PM

Like a red headed step child...

#2338 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 08:54 PM

Adler fucked up big time with these recent interviews. He'll never be back onstage with them again but maybe he already knew that so he doesn't care to spill the beans.

He's delusional though. They never had big plans with him and IF they did, they vetoed the idea once Izzy refused the low ball offer. Just the fact that they were willing to bring Izzy into the mix shows that something was being considered for the AFD 5. You remove Izzy from that, its pointless to include Adler. He was thrown a bone to shut him up so they wouldn't get negative press as the machine turned on. He said in his recent interview that he didn't even get to rehearse with the band. Only Slash and Duff. That is insane and shows how they weren't taking him seriously.

I'm glad for his "closure". He certainly deserved it but it obviously wasn't what he had always dreamed it would be.

IMO we're never getting the AFD/UYI reunion. There's no need to do it anymore. The world is perfectly happy with the current GNR touring. Casuals make up the majority of audiences and they don't give a rat's patootie that Adler, Izzy, Sorum, and Gilby aren't there.

Any "good ideas" from Fernando about the anniversary are likely just blowing smoke and if something is being planned, its probably a re-release of AFD and/or the overdue compilation. 

I still cant believe the label let 2016 go by without putting product in stores. Axl's contract with the label must be either a huge mess or there's one remaining and they don't know what to pull the trigger on. I doubt GNR care much either way since the reunion is still the hottest ticket in town and will be for the foreseeable future.

-Adolf Hitler

#2339 AxlsMainMan

AxlsMainMan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,032 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:52 AM

https://www.lewitt-a...ser/robin-finck

#2340 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 14 May 2017 - 07:19 PM

WTF...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users