843 replies to this topic

#766 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:54 PM

Best thing about the Waffle house is the waitress who cooks your food and then brings it to you, without taking the cigarette out of her mouth. 

Badass. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#767 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 April 2018 - 01:55 PM

And the cheese eggs.  Gotta get my cheese egg on.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#768 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:04 PM

I actually haven't been to one in maybe 10 years at least. I used to love Village Inn and their skillets. But now here I never go to those places, just do buffets instead. My local buffet here has it all, plus champagne for the Missus..12 bucks. One day I'll stroke out right there waiting for somebody to carve me up some Prime Rib...it's gonna happen. 

#769 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:06 PM

We only have Golden Corral (yuck) and Chinese buffets...it's pretty nasty. 

Sister burn the temple

#770 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:14 PM

That's what buffets always were to me, or the Sunday buffets at nice places that were grossly overpriced. 

Buffets here own and really they've changed how I go out for meals. I hardly ever go to a place and order off the menu anymore. I can go to the buffet, eat so many different things, eat immediately, not finish what I don't like, all drinks included and it's family friendly. I can also sit for 2 hours and nobody is dropping the check asking me to leave. Every few months I spend some money for Caesar's buffet (via groupon), which is kind of like the fine dining version spreads. Just amazeballs, liked you died and went to culinary heaven. Wagu beef, the best smoked salmon you ever had, cheeses, piles of fresh seafood....you feel like a king, haha. 

#771 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:35 PM

Shit, double hash brown with jalapenos, ham, onions, and chili... your tongue will damn near slap your brains out trying to lick the last bits off your lips.

Also, too soon?

NRA outraged Waffle House shooting hero didn’t use gun, be white 11 MINS AGO  by IAN MACINTYRE  

180422181757-james-shaw-jr-exlarge-169.j

NASHVILLE — NRA senior executives are reportedly outraged that a deadly mass shooter at a Waffle House was foiled, not by a white man with a gun, but instead by James Shaw Jr., an unarmed African-American male.

The shooting occured around 3:30am local time, when a seminude gunman entered the Waffle House and opened fire, leaving four dead. After Shaw managed to wrestle the shooter to the ground, local authorities and NRA officials were immediately notified.

“I have an alarm set to go off in the event that a mass shooting is actually stopped by a ‘good guy with a gun’,” said National Rifle Association president Wayne LaPierre. “Imagine my disappointment when I was woken up in the middle of the night, only to discover that this tragic event didn’t follow the NRA’s preferred narrative whatsoever.”

LaPierre reports that he was doubly dismayed upon seeing a photo of James Shaw Jr., the Waffle House hero.

“The NRA saying is ‘A good guy with a gun’, not ‘A black man with no gun’,” explained a frustrated LaPierre.

NRA officials are currently preparing a media publicity blitz, aimed at “reminding Americans how much better James Shaw Jr’s act of heroism would have been with a gun-toting caucasian male.” The ads will explain how the Waffle House murders would have probably been prevented entirely if the good guy, specifically a muscular white male, had been armed with an AR-15. The ads will go on to feature fireworks, cold beers, girls in cowboy hats, and Ted Nugent.

Dana Loesch, spokesperson for the NRA, has also prepared one of her signature viral videos regarding the Waffle House shooting. “Frankly, are we positive that African American ‘hero’ James Shaw Jr. isn’t also the troubled shooter, in some kind of a split personality Fight Club scenario? Think about it.”

In response to the shooting, Donald Trump has called for mandatory firearms training for all white Waffle House waitstaff nationwide.

Waffle House staff nationwide countered by saying that any customers or staff inside a waffle house at 3:30am on Saturday are definitely not sober enough to responsibly use a firearm.

https://www.thebeave...e-gun-be-white/

#772 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

Up here at least, it's pretty white. 

Around here, the area of town in which it is located determines the clientele(we probably have 5 or 6 in a city of 300k); I didn't mean to imply that Waffle House was a black folk thing, but that I suspect the shooter deliberately targeted one in a black part of town. That said, I know next to nothing about Nashville, and I hope that I am wrong.

#773 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 23 April 2018 - 03:42 PM

Around here, the area of town in which it is located determines the clientele(we probably have 5 or 6 in a city of 300k); I didn't mean to imply that Waffle House was a black folk thing, but that I suspect the shooter deliberately targeted one in a black part of town. That said, I know next to nothing about Nashville, and I hope that I am wrong.

https://www.cnn.com/...tims/index.html

All four victims of the Waffle House shooting Sunday were young people of color.

Show me your dragon magic

#774 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 26 April 2018 - 11:47 AM

^^^ It's anecdotal, but I've had some interactions with a couple of sovereign citizen/3 percenters, and they were heavily armed, violent, and extremely racist.

• TAP likes this

#775 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,485 posts

Posted 19 May 2018 - 12:18 AM

It needs to be said: trumptwits should be considered dangerous... to the Constitution, a free society, and to your health!

He followed only 13 other Instagram accounts, and eight of them were fan pages for firearms. The others include the official accounts for the White House, President Donald Trump, Ivanka Trump and Melania Trump's official @FLOTUS account.

https://www.nbcnews....t-shirt-n875571

#776 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 19 May 2018 - 03:05 AM

One killed, two injured in shooting after Georgia high school graduation, report says

One person was killed and another injured in a shooting that occurred after a graduation ceremony in Clayton County, Ga., Friday night, the Associated Press reported. A third victim was not shot but hurt after being pushed, officials told 11Alive.

Shots were fired in the parking lot of Mt. Zion High School off Mt. Zion Road, south of Atlanta, after an argument between people leaving a commencement ceremony for the Perry Learning Center, an alternative learning high school, Clayton County Schools Safety Chief Thomas Trawick told the AP. The ceremony was held Friday evening across the street from the high school, at the school’s performing arts center.

“The last thing you want to do is have a situation at a graduation that results in anyone being injured and definitely not being shot,” Trawick told 11Alive.

A police statement said “one person is now confirmed deceased,” the AP reported.

Clayton County Fire Department officials told 11Alive that the woman who died was in her 40s and was shot three times in the chest. She was taken to Southern Regional Medical Center where she was later pronounced dead.

A 21-year-old victim suffered gunshot wounds to the leg and was taken to Atlanta Medical Center. A pregnant woman was taken to Piedmont Henry Hospital, officials told 11Alive.

The shooting happened on the same day as a mass shooting at Santa Fe High School in Southeast Texas that left 10 people, mostly students, dead.

https://www.washingt...m=.1fdde975c2f8

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#777 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 May 2018 - 08:50 AM

You'll all likely be hearing shortly of a school shooting in Indiana.  This is at the school that my two children will be attending in a few short years.  Fortunately, not the most serious we've seen.  Sounds like only one injury, but this is only on local news so far.  Shooter in custody.

Sister burn the temple

#778 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:34 AM

Mike Pence sent us his prayers, so everything's fine now.  Asshole.

Sister burn the temple

#779 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 May 2018 - 10:49 AM

You'll all likely be hearing shortly of a school shooting in Indiana.  This is at the school that my two children will be attending in a few short years.  Fortunately, not the most serious we've seen.  Sounds like only one injury, but this is only on local news so far.  Shooter in custody.

This is my biggest fear. One more reason we're home skewlin'. 

#780 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 25 May 2018 - 02:01 PM

Ugh, sorry dude. That sucks. Think about it every day - and worse, so do the kids. Even if it never happens, it's always in their mind now.

Show me your dragon magic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users