#136 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:00 AM

It doesn't bother me, but I don't see why every film has to make some fucking statement.  There are TONS of gay characters now...exploring this is no longer the final frontier.

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#137 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 19 July 2016 - 12:16 AM

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#138 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 25 July 2016 - 07:39 PM

If only they'd say too many black people shot in the street by other black people.

Cant say that. It would be considered racist to point out facts.

It doesn't bother me, but I don't see why every film has to make some fucking statement.  There are TONS of gay characters now...exploring this is no longer the final frontier.

They're ruining films and TV shows with this overdose of everything having to be gay. On Veep this season they turned her daughter into a lesbian even though the past four seasons she had been fucking a series of guys with zero indication that she was bi/gay.

This is the final season of Rizzoli & Isles and supposedly the last episode will have them become lovers even though both only dated men during the series 7 year run and there was never even a hint at either one being bi/gay.

Within the next few years, series will start having them become trannies and any kid shows will have the boys going to school wearing dresses.

What a wonderful world.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#139 Adolf Hitler

Adolf Hitler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 915 posts
  • Locationa bunker near the Reich Chancellery

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:07 PM

#CutforBlackLives

A disturbing photo has surfaced on Twitter of what appears to reflect a new trend among white liberals who are convinced that they owe something to black people to make up for the enslavement of their ancestors.

Apparently, those who cannot pay reparations have taken to mutilating themselves instead, as a self-inflicted punishment “for being white.”

Twitter user Loraine Velasquez posted a photo of the sickening damage she did to her upper thighs, along with the caption, “I deserve this for being white.”

Cm3xdNDVUAAegLS.jpg

http://thepatriotnat...or-black-lives/

Please God make all this shit go away soon.

All propaganda has to be popular and has to accommodate itself to the comprehension of the least intelligent of those whom it seeks to reach.

Demoralize the enemy from within by surprise, terror, sabotage, assassination. This is the war of the future.

-Adolf Hitler

#140 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:22 PM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#141 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 August 2016 - 02:11 AM

Some kid fell off their bike me thinks...

#142 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 August 2016 - 02:45 AM

#143 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 19 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

How to cope with 'white fragility': Academic sells out her $60 workshops designed to improve Caucasians' 'low emotional tolerance for discussing racism'

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#144 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

Public university hosts blacks-only student retreat – to promote inclusion

#145 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 23 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

Pretty misleading title, since it was apparently about transitioning to college.

Sister burn the temple

#146 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 03:56 PM

!!!!!!!!!!AGENDA JOURNALISM!!!!!!!!

#147 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:29 PM

#148 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 August 2016 - 07:48 AM

I don't know if it still holds true, but 15 years ago when I went to college in Ohio, it came out how many urban youths were brought into college with less than stellar grades and SAT scores under the mantra of diversity. It only became an issue when something like 66% failed out their first year and the university laughed all the way to the bank (what's 5 more kids in a 300 person POLS 101 class).

So the university pays 15+k to make these kids feel special while doing nothing to assure or assist them in succeeding academically.

Universities typically have offices dedicated to diversity issues, women's issues, minority issues, etc., as well as veteran's offices and other things.  I don't know much about what they do.  I do know they're part of the rise in university costs (rather than professors' salaries, which are often blamed...FYI, this academic year came with a $0.00 cost-of-living raise at my school). 

But I agree that what groups need is real, thorough, year long support.  Many students (disproportionately minorities, though far from exclusively so) come to us woefully unprepared.  Someone has beaten into them the notion that an essay has five paragraphs and they have never had to self-motivate as they will in college.  We can address these problems to some extent, but it's asking far too much of the university to address all of these problems while also expecting them to take courses for credit toward graduation. 

I see the article in question as an effort to do something positive, but which will need to be further supported, especially in the classroom. 

Sister burn the temple

#149 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 24 August 2016 - 10:08 AM

#150 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 24 August 2016 - 12:49 PM

I never had a problem with professors being paid well.  I don't know what the national average is, but for a full professor I think the average salary was around 90k in Ohio.  That seems a bit low in my opinion for the most educated and arguably most intelligent people in our society.  My issue with college tuition is how every school creates these bullshit disciplines that will never lead to a job (you know the ones) and how these 400 level classes of 7-10 people amount to drawing a picture of your feelings all subsidized by the tuition of students earning real degrees.  Granted, in a POLS 200 class the professor wanted us to draw a picture or a poem on our feelings or in a Sociology class I literally got away with singing Madagascar over a very early fan rendition after the band played the song in 2002 as my interpretation of "notes from the underground."  I obviously never opened the book once I knew I could do that.

I have nothing against social sciences or liberal arts degrees, but there needs to be some reality interjected into the curriculum.  Yes, one of the major purposes of a liberal arts degree is "enlightenment", but you also need to be able to secure a job and contribute.   Allowing someone to go 100k in debt to get a degree in Women's Studies is ethically suspect in my opinion.  The use of student loans has allowed universities to bloat and charge way more than they need to in order to stay solvent.  We say healthcare shouldn't be for profit, but our public education systems are just that.

I obviously can't speak for every school, but we have programs like women's studies, American studies, Africana studies, and international studies, but they're all interdisciplinary, so they offer maybe an intro and a capstone, but otherwise use courses from other departments to fill out their major.  So, for example, my Intro to International Relations class can count toward the international studies major.  But if you're creating a whole new department, then there had better be the demand for it.

I like small classes, especially at the 300/400 level.  But they should also be intensive and challenging.  My lone 300 level offering currently has 21 students, which is fine because it's enough for good discussions.  

When I think university costs, my first finger pointing is at administration.  I have an email in my inbox from the "Interim Senior Associate Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs."  Yeah.  If that doesn't tell you we've over done the university bureaucracy, I don't know what will.  New construction is also big but that usually helps meet some need/demand and is often covered at least in major part by a school's endowment.

While I don't find universities (at least the three i've attended or worked at) to be the left-wing indoctrination facilities that they're often accused of being, they are full of liberals and liberals love solving problems, usually with new and more rules and structures.  Thus, you end up with Interim Senior Associate Vice Chancellors.  For fuck's sake.

We need to keep costs down and you can't do it on the backs of your teachers.  Without them, there is no university.  No one comes to a school because it has a great administration or wonderful Office for Diversity.  Not to mention that professors are pretty fucking smart and capable and probably don't need all those damned rules in order to do something well (though a little structure is warranted because we tend to be a head-in-the-clouds bunch).

Sister burn the temple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users