#61 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 13 November 2015 - 11:52 AM

Tearing Your Own Political Movement to Shreds Is not a Sign of Strength

What If the Left’s Campus Meltdown Reflects Their Sense of Doom?

Both from NATIONAL REVIEW! #triggerwarning

Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#62 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 13 November 2015 - 08:52 PM

Both from NATIONAL REVIEW! #triggerwarning

lol

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#63 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

Univ. of Vermont holds privilege retreat for students who 'self-identify as white'

#64 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 18 November 2015 - 11:41 AM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#65 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

I expected that to be The Onion...

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#66 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:16 AM

Columbia Student Claims To Be Traumatized By Reading About White People

#67 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 20 November 2015 - 11:36 AM

See, I have no room in my brain for this sort of nonsense.  Despite having similar voting patterns, I can't imagine I would have much in common with such whiny "victims".  There's a reason we study Western Civilization, and it's a very good reason.  Western societies have been the source of much of our modern scientific and artistic achievements.  I find great value in also studying other cultures and their contributions.  Thinking critically often begins with comparison, and ONLY studying Western Civ does encourage a limited worldview.  But to say that you're traumatized by studying the achievements and history of white people is just as ridiculous to suggest that I, a white person, might be traumatized to learn that the Chinese invented gunpowder.  In that sense, every act of gun violence could be framed as our victimization at the hands of the far East...OH, WOE IS FUCKING ME!  Fucking horseshit. 

Sister burn the temple

#68 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:34 AM

Free Ottawa yoga class scrapped over 'cultural issues'

http://m.ottawasun.c...cultural-issues

#iThing #word

#69 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:50 PM

To quote the article:

People are just looking for a reason to be offended by anything they can find.

Couldn't agree more.  I don't know who runs the Centre for Students with Disabilities, but that person should be fired and students given a tuition reimbursement.  Or, they should channel this into a big announcement that they're changing their name from "Centre" to "Center", to be more accomodating toward English speakers who don't accept the sovereignty of the Queen, and then restart the classes with better spelling.

Sister burn the temple

#70 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 December 2015 - 01:17 PM

I suppose this is where this goes:

This is Not a Day Care. It’s a University!

Dr. Everett Piper, President

Oklahoma Wesleyan University

This past week, I actually had a student come forward after a university chapel service and complain because he felt “victimized” by a sermon on the topic of 1 Corinthians 13. It appears that this young scholar felt offended because a homily on love made him feel bad for not showing love. In his mind, the speaker was wrong for making him, and his peers, feel uncomfortable.

I’m not making this up. Our culture has actually taught our kids to be this self-absorbed and narcissistic. Any time their feelings are hurt, they are the victims. Anyone who dares challenge them and, thus, makes them “feel bad” about themselves, is a “hater,” a “bigot,” an “oppressor,” and a “victimizer.”

I have a message for this young man and all others who care to listen. That feeling of discomfort you have after listening to a sermon is called a conscience. An altar call is supposed to make you feel bad. It is supposed to make you feel guilty. The goal of many a good sermon is to get you to confess your sins—not coddle you in your selfishness. The primary objective of the Church and the Christian faith is your confession, not your self-actualization.

So here’s my advice:

If you want the chaplain to tell you you’re a victim rather than tell you that you need virtue, this may not be the university you’re looking for. If you want to complain about a sermon that makes you feel less than loving for not showing love, this might be the wrong place.

If you’re more interested in playing the “hater” card than you are in confessing your own hate; if you want to arrogantly lecture, rather than humbly learn; if you don’t want to feel guilt in your soul when you are guilty of sin; if you want to be enabled rather than confronted, there are many universities across the land (in Missouri and elsewhere) that will give you exactly what you want, but Oklahoma Wesleyan isn’t one of them.

At OKWU, we teach you to be selfless rather than self-centered. We are more interested in you practicing personal forgiveness than political revenge. We want you to model interpersonal reconciliation rather than foment personal conflict. We believe the content of your character is more important than the color of your skin. We don’t believe that you have been victimized every time you feel guilty and we don’t issue “trigger warnings” before altar calls.

Oklahoma Wesleyan is not a “safe place”, but rather, a place to learn: to learn that life isn’t about you, but about others; that the bad feeling you have while listening to a sermon is called guilt; that the way to address it is to repent of everything that’s wrong with you rather than blame others for everything that’s wrong with them. This is a place where you will quickly learn that you need to grow up.

This is not a day care. This is a university!

http://www.okwu.edu/...s-a-university/

Sister burn the temple

#71 Arminius

Arminius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 02:24 PM

This is not a day care. This is a university!

You will find day care at universities though. Maybe someone got confused.

#72 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:24 PM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#73 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:53 PM

We're slowly becoming a nation full of narcissists. It manifests itself in many different ways. I was vacuuming my car out yesterday and watched the guy beside me, just throw all his trash from his car onto the ground. The trashcan was 3 feet way, but apparently too far for this guy to bother. When all you think about is yourself first, the rest of the world gets the short end of the stick. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#74 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 01 December 2015 - 08:02 PM

We're slowly becoming a nation full of narcissists. It manifests itself in many different ways. I was vacuuming my car out yesterday and watched the guy beside me, just throw all his trash from his car onto the ground. The trashcan was 3 feet way, but apparently too far for this guy to bother. When all you think about is yourself first, the rest of the world gets the short end of the stick. 

I fully agree.  I was in college 15 years ago and see them now...the selfishness, narcissism, and sense of entitlement is profound.  I kind of wonder if people my age who are too old to be fully drowning in the "my shit don't stink" phenomenon, but young enough to see it before our kids are grown won't offer up a parental backlash.  My hope would be that this is a blip on the radar of American history and we can climb out of it.

Oddly enough, two weeks ago I was heading to a college football game with a couple of people who are considerably more conservative than I am.  Now, I'm fairly conservative in my personal choices so I had no problem with their discussion about the decay of our sense of community, the substitution of companionship with technology, etc.  And then they said "AND THAT'S WHAT THEY WANT!"  Huh?  Who?  Well, the gubment, of course!  They then went of a ten minute right wing conspiracy tirade about how government wants to see the decline in community so that you have to be dependent on the government, etc.  How you blame government for the rise of really awesome televisions is beyond me, but they made that leap.  Anyway, my eyes still ache from how hard I rolled 'em.

Sister burn the temple

#75 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 01:51 PM

https://en.wikipedia...–Piven_strategy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users