#91 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2016 - 05:59 PM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#92 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 26 February 2016 - 08:25 PM

The rising conservative star who believes rape culture is a myth

#iThing #word
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#93 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 26 February 2016 - 11:42 PM

Coulter has made quite a living trolling us all. This queen is building off that blueprint. 

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#94 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 27 February 2016 - 11:15 PM

US student group accuse Adele of 'normalising sexual harassment' with 'Hello' lyrics

#95 Arminius

Arminius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 06:54 AM

Universities have turned into crackpot factories. I swear you will hear more nuttery coming from those places than you do an Alex Jones fan site.

#96 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 February 2016 - 11:53 AM

Universities have turned into crackpot factories. I swear you will hear more nuttery coming from those places than you do an Alex Jones fan site.

They really haven't.  I never see this sort of stuff on campus.  It's easy to blow something out of proportion when we see it and to ignore the vastly more common norm that goes unreported.  Fifty students having a safe space circle jerk and  cry fest are offset by the 29,950 who aren't.  People rarely yell about maintaining the status quo...

Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#97 Arminius

Arminius

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:11 PM

They really haven't.  I never see this sort of stuff on campus.  It's easy to blow something out of proportion when we see it and to ignore the vastly more common norm that goes unreported.  Fifty students having a safe space circle jerk and  cry fest are offset by the 29,950 who aren't.  People rarely yell about maintaining the status quo...

To be fair neither did I, but I went to engineering school. :P

Well, as with anything it's the extremes that get noticed. I guess my point was that what you see coming out of some Uni's these days is on the level of what was previously labeled crackpot ct and mental health issues. It's not necessarily what they say either, but how they say it which makes it appear crazy. There might very well be validity in the claim that musical lyrics can help promote "sexism" or whatever, but the proper arena for that would be some nerdy forum and the talk would be general. This makes it out like Adele is a raging sexist that needs to apologize for her actions, and it gets attention in a fairly big outlet.

#98 PERM BANNED

PERM BANNED

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:20 PM

y

Beta male, and chubby incel doing what I do best...

#99 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 February 2016 - 12:37 PM

Then again, my professor on POLS 270 said that sexual dimorphism was just a societal construct and women could be just as physically strong as men.

See, I have no issue with basic differences between men and women any more than I do between all people.  Can some women be as strong as men?  of course.  Can the average WNBA player school me on the court?  My Hoosier heart says no, while the head topping m 5'6" frame knows I'd be in serious trouble.  Will a woman ever compete in a league dominated by men, in which strength is a serious contributing factor.  Probably.  But is the average woman as strong as the average man?  No.  Will the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL, or MLS ever approach 50/50 men to women?  Not without some serious changes in technology or a few hundred thousand years of evolution.

He also went awol for 2 weeks because someone was "hunting" him.

That's my go-to excuse on Cubs opening day...

To be fair neither did I, but I went to engineering school. :P

Well, as with anything it's the extremes that get noticed. I guess my point was that what you see coming out of some Uni's these days is on the level of what was previously labeled crackpot ct and mental health issues. It's not necessarily what they say either, but how they say it which makes it appear crazy. There might very well be validity in the claim that musical lyrics can help promote "sexism" or whatever, but the proper arena for that would be some nerdy forum and the talk would be general. This makes it out like Adele is a raging sexist that needs to apologize for her actions, and it gets attention in a fairly big outlet.

I often wonder if it's just that people are too damn sensitive.  Every problem they worry about has always been around but now we cry about it.  I had never heard about this whole "safe space" idea until the Mizzou stuff happened.  Personally, I find that "safe space" is not conducive to "learning environment", or at least one in which a variety of opinions can be discussed.  I taught the Israeli-Palestinian Conflict last fall...how can that class possibly be safe for both viewpoints, unless the whole idea is a respectful exchange of ideas to benefit our learning?  I compare these movements to the campus anti-Vietnam protests and they're not the same.  Those kids coulda been shipped off to die for a bad reason; these kids can't accept that other people don't agree with them.  I realize I don't agree with you guys on politics too much, but stuff like this brings out my inner conservative, Hoosier upbringing.  I heard about the idea of white male privilege ONE time during college and that was in response to a paper I wrote on the value of single sex education, which seems among the most valid places to make such a comment.  However, as much as universities get tagged with causing this nonsense, and I agree that WHEN this nonsense happens it often does involve a university, I also note that the angry lady needing some "muscle" got canned for her actions and others spoke out against her as harming learning and not understanding free speech and press. 

Sister burn the temple

#100 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 04 March 2016 - 01:43 AM

Pitt Students ‘In Tears’ and Feeling ‘Unsafe’ After Milo Yiannopoulos Event

http://www.breitbart...nopoulos-event/

#iThing #word

#101 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 04 March 2016 - 08:38 AM

This safe space bullshit drives me nuts.  It's ridiculous and not a realistic view of how the world works.  It is also entirely overblown.  As I've stated before, I haven't seen any such nonsense on my campus and if it happened it would be ignored by the overwhelming bulk of students going from class to class.

So, while I take no issue with 95% of that article, they begin with an instance on one campus and turn it into a concluding condemnation of universities in general, a conclusion which is not at all supported by the tiny amount of evidence they presented.  The author writes:

The reactions of students over a non-compulsory and extracurricular event featuring a gay journalist expressing a difference of opinion are a worrying sign that academia is failing. These are students who are legal adults and on the cusp of entering the real world, yet they’re in tears over the fact that someone, who they need not even listen to, disagreed with them.

University is no longer a place for new ideas, discussion, and intellectual debate. It is a place of safe spaces, no platforming, and trigger warnings. Students are taught to believe and agree with a single narrative and doctrine, turning them into narrow-minded and unchallenged pawns, with any form of resistance or difference of thought being classified as hate speech.

Thus repeating the old right wing line that all professors are liberal shills who have little better to do than convert students to the cause.  Rubbish. 

Sister burn the temple

#102 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:15 PM

Man who took viral video of dreadlocks incident at San Francisco State University speaks

Watch the video.

#iThing #word

#103 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,721 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:33 PM

She's an idiot, and should get in trouble. I bet the campus won't do anything though. 

Somebody needs to auto tone that encounter and drop a beat behind it though. 

#104 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,667 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

She should go to a Phish show.  It'd blow her fuckin mind.

Sister burn the temple

#105 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 03:51 PM

Feds Spend $548,459 Studying Male Students’ ‘Microaggressions’ Towards Women

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users