Photo

Gay Marriage/everything Gay Thread-Now With 20% More Gay!

• Please log in to reply
946 replies to this topic

#46 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:16 PM

I also have to wonder about the schism that is happening right before our eyes. It appears that a line is slowly being drawn in the sand. One side containing a much more dangerous group of dumbed down potential radicals are emerging. Those who are easily riled up by the ilks of Glen Beck and friends. Ready to tea bag on a moments notice.....

It is a little surreal, I have wondered what the right wing pundits have as an endgame, but I think maybe they don't have one. It's a little like evolution/natural selection - short term survival (keeping wealth and power) of the fittest with no goal in mind. It's not even a matter of ideology any more, people are being fed outright lies, every teabagging report has people who think Obama is going to increase their taxes.

It will be interesting to see if a strong Republican leader can be found who has the balls to call out the bullshit without losing a large chunk of voting base.
Show me your dragon magic

#47 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:43 PM

It's kind of fun to watch, but on the other hand watching Fox and Beck gather a modern day right wing militia to do gawd knows what makes me a tad uneasy.
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#48 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:17 AM

This is all very strange. Could it possibly be that they are realizing that the GOP must move away from the loons who hijacked their party?

Meghan McCain is actually pretty stable and intelligent for a Republican. I read her blogs and follow her tweeeter.

#49 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:21 AM

Yea she has always seemed more down to earth.

#50 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Colbert Coalition's anti-gay marriage commerical
http://www.huffingto...n_n_188124.html

#51 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 April 2009 - 01:19 PM

That's fucking great. I think humor or just out n out mocking is the best way to respond to stupid shit like that. It worked great there.

#52 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:15 PM

Posted Image

#53 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 April 2009 - 03:16 PM

^^blogger opinions

#54 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

http://www.huffingto...l_n_188636.html

Speaking to an affectionate crowd of Log Cabin Republicans on Saturday evening, Meghan McCain ridiculed the party her father headed this past election, declaring that "old school Republicans" were "scared shitless" of the changing landscape.

The Senator's daughter, who has quickly become something of an iconic figure in the gay conservative community since the end of the election, took repeated shots at the GOP for its antiquated mores.

"I feel too many Republicans want to cling to past successes," said McCain. "There are those who think we can win the White House and Congress back by being 'more' conservative. Worse, there are those who think we can win by changing nothing at all about what our party has become. They just want to wait for the other side to be perceived as worse than us. I think we're seeing a war brewing in the Republican Party. But it is not between us and Democrats. It is not between us and liberals. It is between the future and the past."

Later, she called out those officials in the Republican tent who insist that tactical improvements, technology and brass-knuckle politicking are the path back to relevance.

"Simply embracing technology isn't going to fix our problem," she said. "Republicans using Twitter and Facebook isn't going to miraculously make people think we're cool again. Breaking free from obsolete positions and providing real solutions that don't divide our nation further will. That's why some in our party are scared. They sense the world around them is changing and they are unable to take the risk to jump free of what's keeping our party down."

The remarks, delivered at the Log Cabin Republican's national convention in Washington D.C., drew healthy applause and the occasional high-pitched whistling. McCain, at one point, declared herself a proud member of the GOP. But her pot shots at the Republican Party and its flashier figures were not thinly veiled. Describing her public tiff with Ann Coulter as non-delicate, she went on to refer to the brash conservative talker as "overly partisan and divisive." Later in the speech she insisted that "most of our nation wants our nation to succeed" - a pretty clear dig at the now-infamous remarks of talk radio host Rush Limbaugh.

As for the GOP establishment, McCain described it as a "party that was thriving at one point on a few singular issues" but could no longer "see long-term success."

"We've seen how it has contributed to some serious problems in our nation and world," McCain said, in an apparent reference to the government under GOP control. "Let me blunt, you can't assume you're electing the right leaders to handle all the problems facing our nation when you make your choice based on one issue. More and more people are finally getting that."

#55 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 18 April 2009 - 09:57 PM

^^ How did Meghan McCain become the smartest high profile Republican around?

#56 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 02:00 AM

I fucking love her.

#57 michelle

michelle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 April 2009 - 09:13 AM

^^ How did Meghan McCain become the smartest high profile Republican around?

By not being a dumbass for the most part.

#58 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 21 April 2009 - 01:34 PM

Gay marriage row at Miss USA show Ms Prejean says she does not regret her remarks The runner-up at the Miss USA beauty pageant says her outspoken opposition to gay marriage cost her first place in the competition. During the televised event, Carrie Prejean - Miss California - said she believed that "a marriage should be between a man and a woman". She had been asked for her views on the subject by one of the judges, celebrity blogger Perez Hilton. "It did cost me my crown," said Ms Prejean, after the competition. The eventual winner of the pageant was Kristen Dalton, Miss North Carolina. 'Alienated' "We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage," said Ms Prejean, in a section of the show that has become a popular clip on YouTube. "I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman," she continued. "No offence to anybody out there, but that's how I was raised." The remarks drew a mixture of booing and applause from the audience. Speaking after the show, which was broadcast on Sunday evening in the US, Ms Prejean said: "I wouldn't have had it any other way. I said what I feel. I stated an opinion that was true to myself and that's all I can do." Hilton said he had been "floored" by Ms Prejean's answer, which, he said, "alienated millions of gay and lesbian Americans, their families and their supporters". He told ABC News: "She lost it because of that question. She was definitely the front-runner before that." Keith Lewis, who runs the Miss California competition, released a statement condemning Ms Prejean's comments. "As co-director of the Miss California USA, I am personally saddened and hurt that Miss California believes marriage rights belong only to a man and a woman." The issue of same-sex marriage is a flashpoint in American politics. Four US states now allow gay marriage, but many other states have passed legislation outlawing it.

#59 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 April 2009 - 04:02 PM

Here's the thing...she said "that's how I was raised." Who was actually raised to believe ANYTHING about this? I never even considered this issue until a few years ago, and any conclusions I reached aren't something I was "raised to believe". Of course, it goes without saying that Ms. California would likely have answered differently had the question been about interracial marriage, and she's utterly clueless that she'd probably have been on the wrong side of THAT issue too, a few decades back. But I disagree that this is why she lost. Her answer sucked, regardless of the view it expressed. "Opposite marriage"? What the fuck does that mean? Give me an answer that invokes the Constitution, and not your personal beliefs (since we live in a country where differences in belief are acceptable and encouraged).
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#60 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 25 April 2009 - 11:36 PM

Support Miss California!

"After expressing her personal beliefs, Miss California Carrie Prejean's chances of winning the Miss USA 2009 pageant came to an end.

Miss California responded to a question regarding nationwide legalization of gay marriage with an answer that conflicted with the views of one of the Miss USA 2009 judges, Perez Hilton. Mr. Hilton later admitted to penalizing her and posted a video criticizing her performance and describing her with profanity.

Miss California had sacrificed much and dedicated years of her life to reach the top of her competitive industry. It's unfair for her score to suffer after she truthfully responded to a political wedge issue. Mr. Hilton was using the pageant as a platform to express his own political agenda and more Americans should be upset with his bullying tactics after he didn't get from her the response he was looking for.

Join this group to support Miss California's willingness to stand up for her beliefs and against vocal, activist bullies of the Hollywood scene, even if it cost her the pageant crown. Invite everyone you know to join in support of her courage and personal strength. "

http://www.facebook....30122628&ref=nf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users