Photo

Gay Marriage/everything Gay Thread-Now With 20% More Gay!

• Please log in to reply
946 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 April 2009 - 05:12 PM

hahahaha "Hopelessly watching" boo hoo hoo!!!! ha!!!
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#32 Rim Job

Rim Job

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 99 posts

Posted 09 April 2009 - 06:40 PM

Yes, what freedom of mine are they infringing upon I wonder?

they are infringing upon your right to hate and fear teh gheys!!!!!!!!!11111111

#33 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:43 PM

comedy gold...

http://tpmdc.talking...ts-marriage.php
Show me your dragon magic

#34 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:50 PM

comedy gold...

Almost as good as when newly appointed black RNC chair was greeted with cheers of "You be the man, Michael! You be the man!"

lol

"2M4M"

Maybe that's like two dudes tagteaming another dude? Like fingercuffs.
Sister burn the temple
And stand beneath the moon
The sound of the ocean is dead
It's just the echo of the blood in your head

#35 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 10 April 2009 - 08:54 PM

I've been holding debates on controversial topics in my classes, and have now seen two separate student led debates on gay marriage. It's amazing how difficult it is to make a good argument AGAINST it, without resorting to religion (which, to my mind, is also not a good argument). The best argument I can think of against gay marriage isn't really an argument against it so much as a disputation of an argument for it. It's really a barren field, with millions of idiots digging for water.
Sister burn the temple

#36 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 15 April 2009 - 08:49 PM

Funny parody of the bigot ad

#37 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 15 April 2009 - 09:06 PM

^Nice. "Conservatives who have extra money in this economy to make this non-issue an issue are responsible for the content of this ad."
Sister burn the temple

#38 Bandita

Bandita

Moderators

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,511 posts

Posted 15 April 2009 - 10:57 PM

(I can't believe he is finally going to do something that makes sense)

http://www.google.co...CUtsPQD97IP64G0

NY Gov. Paterson to reintroduce gay marriage bill
By MICHAEL VIRTANEN – 19 hours ago

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) — Gov. David Paterson is making another push to legalize gay marriage in New York, tapping into the momentum of other states that have recently allowed same-sex couples to wed, but the measure will face stiff opposition in the Legislature.

Paterson is expected to introduce the bill Thursday. It's the same bill that died in 2007 and opponents are vowing to kill it again.

"I think this is an attempt to gain momentum," said the Rev. Jason McGuire, legislative director of New Yorkers for Constitutional Freedoms, which opposes the measure. "But the simple reality is this is a very controversial issue, especially with this talk about the Senate majority being as razor thin as it is."

The Democrat-controlled Assembly passed the bill 85-61 in 2007, but it died in the Senate, where the Republican majority kept it from going to a vote.

The Democrats gained a 32-30 majority in last November's elections. Senate Majority Leader Malcolm Smith supports the measure but still doesn't believe there are enough votes to pass it, spokesman Austin Shafran said.

"We are committed to the process of securing the votes for passage of marriage equality, and as the leader has said in the past, it will pass as soon as we have those votes," he said.

Paterson said Tuesday the measure is necessary because gays and lesbians in civil unions are denied 1,200 to 1,350 civil protections such as health care and pension rights since they're not married.

"The timing was always right. It's just who is willing to take that step, and I am," Paterson said. "I think it is, as other states are showing, the only ethical way to treat people who want to live together in peace under the civil law. So my general feeling about all these issues is the right ethical decision will inevitably be the right political decision."

In Vermont, lawmakers voted last week to override the governor's veto of a bill allowing same-sex couples to marry. The week before, the Iowa Supreme Court ruled that marriage couldn't be restricted to unions of a man and a woman. It's also legal in Massachusetts and Connecticut. California briefly allowed gay marriage last year until a voter initiative in November repealed it.

In radio interviews last week Paterson said he believes it will eventually become law. But polls show legalizing gay marriage remains controversial in New York. And some gay marriage advocates are worried that bringing the issue up in New York before there's clear support to pass it could set back efforts to legalize it there, as well as in other states.

A Quinnipiac University poll last week showed 41 percent of New York voters support same-sex marriage, up from 35 percent almost two years earlier, while one-third said gay couples should be allowed to form civil unions but not marry, and 19 percent said there should be no legal recognition.

Assemblyman Daniel O'Donnell, a Manhattan Democrat, said he will attend the announcement and sponsor the governor's bill, which will be identical to the one backed by then-Gov. Eliot Spitzer as a civil-rights measure in 2007. "I'm hoping to do better than that this time," O'Donnell said Tuesday.

"I'm very happy the governor has made this a priority," O'Donnell said. "When we got the bill from Governor Spitzer in 2007, we didn't have the votes either. I did that in 2007 and I intend to do that again in 2009."

Mark Hansen, spokesman for the Senate Republicans, said Tuesday that, "Our conference is opposed to gay marriage and that has not changed."

Associated Press writer Frank Eltman in Farmingdale, N.Y., contributed to this report.
You Commie, Homo Loving Sons of Guns!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#39 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2009 - 02:57 AM

I've been holding debates on controversial topics in my classes, and have now seen two separate student led debates on gay marriage. It's amazing how difficult it is to make a good argument AGAINST it, without resorting to religion (which, to my mind, is also not a good argument). The best argument I can think of against gay marriage isn't really an argument against it so much as a disputation of an argument for it. It's really a barren field, with millions of idiots digging for water.

Well the Bible also speaks specifically against shellfish, why aren't those people standing in front of Red Lobsters with signs?

(My answer to the religious angle^^)

#40 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

comedy gold...

Hmm...this may knock "Teabaggin'" to second place, what say you?

#41 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:45 PM

http://cnnwire.blogs...g-gay-marriage/

Washington (CNN) - Steve Schmidt, a key architect of John McCain’s presidential campaign, is making his first public return to Washington a bold one.

Schmidt will use a speech Friday to Log Cabin Republicans, a gay rights group, to urge conservative Republicans to drop their opposition to same sex marriage, CNN has learned.

“There is a sound conservative argument to be made for same sex marriage,” Schmidt will say, according to speech excerpts obtained by CNN. “I believe conservatives, more than liberals, insist that rights come with responsibilities. No other exercise of one’s liberty comes with greater responsibilities than marriage.”

Schmidt makes both policy and political arguments for a Republican embrace of same sex marriage.

#42 freedom78

freedom78

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,666 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 16 April 2009 - 09:30 PM

There's an undercurrent of libertarian conservatism that says "why the hell are we legislating these things?"...gay marriage, abortion, etc. But it won't get anywhere. Social conservatives will abandon the party before the party intentionally abandons them.
Sister burn the temple

#43 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:42 PM

http://politicaltick...publican-group/

(CNN) – Log Cabin Republicans are getting some support from the McCain family.

Cindy and Meghan McCain will make an appearance at the gay rights organization's four day convention in Washington, which kicks off Thursday night.

"Of all the causes I believe in and speak publicly about, this is one of the ones closest to my heart," Meghan McCain, a vocal supporter of same-sex marriage, wrote in the Daily Beast this week. "If the Republican Party has any hope of gaining substantial support from a wider, younger base, we need to get past our anti-gay rhetoric."

Steve Schmidt, former senior strategist for John McCain's 2008 presidential campaign and manager of Arnold Schwarzenegger's gubernatorial reelection campaign in 2006, will also be in attendance. Schmidt will be speaking about the 2008 election and the GOP's comeback agenda.

In an interview Thursday with CNN, LCR Spokesperson Charles Moran said the organization is lobbying New York Republicans to help pass the same-sex marriage law championed by the state's Democratic Gov. David Paterson.

"We have people on the ground, we're identifying our bases of support, looking at our polling, looking at our research, so that we can be ready to assist the marriage coalition in New York with targeting those crucial GOP votes," Moran told CNN.

The group is also working on identifying the Republican players who will serve as the face of their organization's mission.

Moran citied Utah Gov. Jon Huntsman, a Mormon Republican who has called for the adoption of civil unions, and Republican National Committee Chairman Michael Steele, who acknowledged that gay Republicans have a place at the party's table.

"These are the types of leaders and luminaries within the Republican party," Moran said. "The party must move forward and regardless of where you are in the conservative spectrum, you definitely can be conservative and an openly gay Republican in this political climate."

"We don't just talk the talk but we actually are providing the boots on the ground, we're making those calls, and we're loyal Republicans," he said.

#44 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:00 PM

This is all very strange. Could it possibly be that they are realizing that the GOP must move away from the loons who hijacked their party?

#45 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:04 PM

I also have to wonder about the schism that is happening right before our eyes. It appears that a line is slowly being drawn in the sand. One side containing a much more dangerous group of dumbed down potential radicals are emerging. Those who are easily riled up by the ilks of Glen Beck and friends. Ready to tea bag on a moments notice.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users