86 replies to this topic

#31 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 04 June 2009 - 12:47 AM

You can't have Wall Street without FOX!!!!
"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#32 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 31 July 2009 - 12:44 AM

Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps The Oliver Stone-directed sequel starring Michael Douglas, Shia LaBeouf, and Josh Brolin has been scheduled for April 23rd 2010. Josh Brolin has replaced Javier Bardem

#33 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 03:38 PM

Oliver Stone has revealed that Charlie Sheen will reprise his role of Bud Fox in 'Wall Street 2: Money Never Sleeps'. Shooting begins this week in New York City...

#34 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 September 2009 - 08:34 PM

OMG I think I just jizzed my pants!!!!

#35 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:08 PM

Thought you would like that last bit of new .

#36 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:19 PM

Oh man, JUST AS LONG AS THEY DON'T EFF IT UP!!!!!!

#37 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 09 September 2009 - 09:54 PM

Lets hope this is more Godfather part 2 then jaws part 2.

#38 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 09 September 2009 - 11:40 PM

I'd think with who is involved, they have to realize that they can't fuck this up. I'd rather have nothing than have them ruin the Wall Street legacy. That movie is TITS!!!

#39 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 12 September 2009 - 01:28 AM

Cast and characters * Michael Douglas[24] as Gordon Gekko.[16] In the film, Gekko has recently been released from his prison sentence and after a failed attempt to warn people of soon-to-be fall of Wall Street, Gekko then decides to try to rebuild a relationship with his now estranged daughter Winnie.[16] Stone said "it was as if the role was custom-made for the actor", also that "the consistency between Gordon Gekko and Michael Douglas was in their charisma and passion, except that Gekko's motives were malevolent" and "both are survivors... men who find a way to succeed, who have willed themselves to second acts in their lives."[25] Despite originally being the antagonist in the first film Gekko will now serve something that of a protagonist. * Shia LaBeouf[26] as Jake "Jacob"[16][14] Moore.[27][4] In the film LaBeouf plays an "ambitious, young Wall Street trader" who is engaged to Gekko's daughter Winnie. After the death of his mentor, Jacob then begins to suspect that the hedge fund manager was responsible, and then decides to seek revenge and asks Gekko for help, in exchange for him helping Gekko reconcile with his daughter Winnie.[16] Jacob's role in the film has been noted as that of both a protagonist, and a antagonist because thou Jacob is originally though of to be the victim, by seeking revenge on his hedge fund manger, it makes him both. LaBeouf said of playing the role that "I don't know what ... a credit derivative is," and adding that "I have no idea. I don't know what a Cpo is. Ipb. Lvc. You gotta know ticker names."[28] LaBeouf also said of playing the role and of the film's background of the financial world that he has “no concept” of the "ins and outs of the financial world."[28] LaBeouf's role in the film has been said to be "a role similar to that of Charlie Sheen’s in the original"[29] and a "2009 stand-in for Sheen."[14][30] * Josh Brolin[31] as Bretton James.[4] Bretton James is Jacob's (LaBeouf's) hedge fund manager, who is thought of to have been involved in the death of Jacob's mentor. The character in the film has been described as being the "villian",[32][33] and will serve as the antagonist[34] unlike the first film where Gekko was the antagonist. Javier Bardem was originally cast in the role but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts with his other film Eat, Pray, Love which is set to begin production around the same time as this film. In August 2009, Josh Brolin, who had been in talks to replace Bardem since July, reportedly signed on to replace Bardem for the role.[35] In September, 2009, Stone confirmed that Brolin had signed on to replace Bardem and also confirmed the characters name.[4] * Carey Mulligan[6] as Winnie Gekko.[36] In the film, Winnie is the estranged daughter of Gordon Gekko and is Jacob's fiance. It has also been reported that "Winnie hasn't spoken to her father Gordon in 11 years while he was away in prison", and that "Winnie and Gordon's relationship is estranged since she blames her father for the suicide of her brother Rudy".[37] It was widely speculated in June, 2008, that Mulligan was in negotiations for the role, but in August, 2009, Mulligan confirmed that the rumors were false. On August 13, 2009, it was widely reported that Mulligan had been cast in the role.[6] * Frank Langella[38] as Lewis Zabel.[39]. In the film, Lewis Zabel, commonly referred to as Jacob's mentor, will serve as a supporting character. According to Variety, "Langella will play a mentor character to LaBeouf’s stock broker role. His fate ultimately leads the characters to discover the shady practices of Brolin’s hedge fund manager part."[40] It has also been said that "the mentor's fate plays a major part in the film's plot."[41][42] * Susan Sarandon[8] as Mrs. Moore.[27][16][14][43] In the film, the currently un-named character, referred to simply as Jacob's Mom, serves as a supporting character,[44] as Jacob's mother. * Vanessa Ferlito as Audrey.[4] Stone described the character Audrey as "a tough, intelligent trader in the Wall Street trenches."a tough, intelligent trader in the Wall Street trenches.[4] * Charlie Sheen as Bud Fox.[45] In the film Sheen will reprise his role as Bud Fox, though Sheen's character will only make a cameo.[46] * Jim Cramer as TBA.[47] Stone stated that Cramer will make a brief appearance in the film, but didn't say whether or not Cramer will appear as himself or a character.[47] * Natalie Morales as TBA.[48] From Wiki of course. Bud Fox only a cameo? Fer fucksake! Josh Brolin is pretty big time though. Dunno about the story line either. I guess the question is: Can Stone make it work?

#40 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:20 AM

That's a solid cast with the exception of Labeouf.

Stone also had difficulties with Sean Young, who made her opinions known that Hannah should be fired and that she should play that role instead. Young would show up to the set late and unprepared. She did not get along with Charlie Sheen, which caused further friction on the set. In retrospect, Stone felt that Young was right and he should have swapped Hannah's role with hers. Stone admits that he had "some problems" with Sean Young but was not willing to confirm or deny rumors that she walked off with all of her costumes when she completed filming.

Will always blow my mind how this woman squandered her career. She could have had a Julia Roberts, Sandra Bullock,etc. type career, but all her bridge burning prevented that.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#41 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:22 AM

I know, she had a GREAT career, and fucked it all up with her craziness.

#42 Gomer Pyle

Gomer Pyle

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 595 posts

Posted 17 September 2009 - 02:32 AM

There are very few women hotter than Sean Young was in The Boost. That is a great flick. Should check it out if you've never watched it.
Surprise, surprise, surprise!

#43 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 17 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

Never saw it. Did just watch Blade Runner a few months ago and she was great in that, what a jacked up movie that was.

#44 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:22 AM

Posted Image

#45 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,720 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 06 February 2010 - 02:28 AM

A couple funny things in the trailer, but to be honest, it didn't get me too excited for the quality of this film. I hope I'm wrong...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users