pretty much...most info is through osmosis

#62 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 08:36 AM

Detroit could have won the bowl with one of the greatest backs ever....Mr. Barry Sanders.
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#63 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts
  • LocationWhere ever the Boss tells me to be!

Posted 14 March 2009 - 12:34 PM

berry wasn't the greatest back ever. Mr.Smith a dude who has won the big one once or twice .... is!!

#64 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 05:27 PM

One of....the best...He's in my top five. At 5'-8" and 200lbs. and in ten seasons he ran for 15,269 yards, 2,921 receiving, 109 T.D.'s 99 rushing and 10 receiving. He also had a 14 consecutive game rushing for over 100 yards including a few 200+ games in that run. He went to the playoffs 5 times including the NFC Championship. In 1997 he ran for 2,053 yards and had a 5 yard per carry for his career joining only Jim Brown. In 1991 They lost to the Redskins Bowl winners in the NFCC game. After all these years he finally admitted that the lack of winning and the managements lack of putting the best possible players on the field broke his spirit to play.....He decided to retire in his prime. Have they been to the playoffs since? Yes just once. * 10x Pro Bowl selection (1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998) * 6x First-Team All-Pro selection (1989, 1990, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1997) * 4x Second-Team All-Pro selection (1992, 1993, 1996, 1998) * 1997 Co-NFL MVP * 1997 NEA NFL MVP * 1997 Co-PFWA NFL MVP * 1989 NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year * 1988 Heisman Trophy * 2x NFL Offensive Player of the Year (1997, 1994) * 2x Bert Bell Award (1997, 1991) * Holds 10 Detroit Lions Team Records
You never ask a navy man if he'll have another drink, because it's nobody's goddamned business how much he's had already.

#65 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 14 March 2009 - 10:49 PM

Browns WR Stallworth hits, kills Fla. pedestrian By DAVID FISCHER, Associated Press Writer 4 hours, 44 minutes ago * Buzz up! 1275 votes * Print In this Nov. 6, 2008 file photo, Cleveland Browns Donte Stallworth in action against the Denver Broncos in an NFL football game in Cleveland. Police in Miami Beach say Stallworth has hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley, who was crossing the busy causeway that links downtown Miami with Miami Beach the morning of Saturday March 14, 2009. In this Nov. 6, 2008 file phot… AP - Mar 14, 2:40 pm EDT * NFL Gallery MIAMI (AP)—Cleveland Browns wide receiver Donte Stallworth hit and killed a pedestrian with his Bentley on Saturday morning on a busy causeway linking Miami and Miami Beach, police said. Stallworth was headed toward the beach when he hit Mario Reyes, 59, around 7 a.m., said Miami Beach police spokesman Juan Sanchez. Reyes was taken to a nearby trauma center, where he was pronounced dead about an hour later. He was near a crosswalk but it’s not clear if he was crossing legally. Stallworth, 28, was cooperating and no charges have been filed, Sanchez said. Officers drew blood to test for drugs or alcohol, which is routine. Sanchez said results from the test could take anywhere from three days to three weeks. Police would not say where Stallworth was coming from or where he was headed, and Sanchez didn’t have anymore information about Reyes. Miami-Dade County property records show Stallworth owns two condos in a building on Biscayne Boulevard in Miami not far from the causeway and another condo in a different building in Miami. A message seeking comment was left on the voicemail of his agent, Drew Rosenhaus. The Browns said in a statement they were aware of what happened. “We understand the seriousness of this situation, but will not have any further comment at this time as this is an ongoing investigation,” the team said. Stallworth signed a seven-year, $35 million contract with the Browns as a free agent before last season but hardly played because he was hurt. He was due a $4.75 million signing bonus Friday. Stallworth, who previously played for New England, Philadelphia and New Orleans, finished last season with just 17 catches for 170 yards. He was slowed all season by a nagging hamstring injury and made just seven starts for the Browns. Stallworth had his best season with the Saints in 2005, when he made a career-high 70 receptions for 945 yards and seven touchdowns. He was drafted in the first round (No. 13 overall) by the Saints in 2002. Stallworth played his college ball at Tennessee. AP Sports Writer Tom Withers in Cleveland contributed to this report.

#66 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:30 AM

Wow that sucks......Stallworth has some pretty bad luck as well.....

#67 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 10:19 AM

If Denver trades Jay Cutler I'm gonna get real sick, just because they brought in an ex-patriot for a head coach doesn't mean they need to start bringing all of New England with him (Matt Cassel)...IMO Matt Cassel couldn't wipe Jay Cutlers ass. Cutler is the future for Denver and if they get rid of him I am really gonna have to start questioning my loyalties to the whole Broncos organization!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#68 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 06:12 PM

Patriots trade QB Cassel and LB/TE Mike Vrabel to the K.C. Chiefs for a second round draft pick and 14.65 million...(Cassel's salary). It has been said that Cassel will compete against Thigpen for the starting Q.B. job. You pay some guy almost 15 million to compete to get the starters job? WTF? This was 2 weeks ago... I would love to see Cutler on the Jets. I don't think Denver should trade him, He's the QB of the future there but things do not look good...He may go to the Jets, Titans, Lions, Tampa, Bears or Cleveland? His choices would be Tennessee, Bears and Jets in that order.

#69 One Way Ticket

One Way Ticket

Members

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:05 PM

Well since I live in Tampa that would be my choice if it did happen but it doesn't need to happen, Denver needs defense, their offense is top 3 in all the NFL and they lose Cutler that's over!!!
If you stay ready.....you never have to get ready!!!

#70 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 09:44 PM

Yeah, you are correct.

#71 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:23 AM

Front Page (Sports) of one of the newspapers Say J-A-Y Jets staff keep close eye on Cutler situation in Denver.

#72 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 10:37 AM

I will be shocked if jay is playing for Denver this season.

#73 Macker

Macker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,397 posts

Posted 17 March 2009 - 11:03 AM

Yeah the more I hear, the more uglier it sounds.

#74 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 31 March 2009 - 10:33 PM

And Jay is going out of Denver. Personally I hope the jets snag him.

#75 Timothy

Timothy

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,286 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 04:22 PM

Da Bears!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users