227 replies to this topic

#46 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:31 PM

With the election less than 2 weeks away, Kentucky's governor is in trouble. He has tied his fortune to Trump, and it ain't working. The most recent poll shows he is down by 18 points. Perhaps, a harbinger of what Moscow Mitch is looking at next year.

https://www.targoz.c...sissippi (click the Kentucky link for a pdf of poll results).

#47 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 11:02 PM

When I grow up, I want to be a crony

Haha... also, note the play on regional prejudices; Not from Kentucky, not for Kentucky. They're calling him a carpetbagger(as we all have since his inauguration) which is still a pretty big insult to Southerners.

For those unaware: https://www.dictiona.../carpetbagger(O

#48 TAP

TAP

Advanced Member

• TFHL Peep
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,777 posts
  • LocationHades

Posted 05 November 2019 - 09:24 PM

With the election less than 2 weeks away, Kentucky's governor is in trouble. He has tied his fortune to Trump, and it ain't working. The most recent poll shows he is down by 18 points. Perhaps, a harbinger of what Moscow Mitch is looking at next year.

https://www.targoz.c...sissippi (click the Kentucky link for a pdf of poll results).

Dude....

Show me your dragon magic

#49 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 11:53 PM

^^^ Trump held a rally for Bevin in Lexington(Fayette Co.) the night before the election. We(Fayette Co.) voted 66% for Beshear to Bevin's 33%, and probably because of the Trump rally, had the best turn out for a gubernatorial election in 25 years.

Moscow Mitch is next! He is so scared that he has brought suit against a popular sports radio host that has been flirting with running on the Democratic ticket. His nonsense claim is that Matt Jones has been using his radio show to promote himself and since his show has advertisers, it is a violation of federal campaign finance laws.

http://kentuckysport...mAPKhL6SkadVUoe

Jones is also in the process of publishing a book about McConnell:

rE0iIwe.jpg

#50 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:41 AM

This will be the first time I've ever sent in money to a political campaign ^^^. I believe McConnell is horrible for our country and just go. 

My second donation will be whoever runs against Trump.

"It was like I was in high school again, but fatter."

#51 artcinco

artcinco

Inactivist

• Admin
  • 3,325 posts
  • LocationZones of moisture...

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:19 PM

Turtle.
Why do you read that kind of crap, Art? Seriously, I don't get it.

#52 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 02:36 PM

Well, McConnell has poked a fucking hornet's nest. I Heart Radio has removed Matt Jones from his show and every redneck in Kentucky is up in arms! Call after call on the radio show, today, was from people proclaiming that "they are life-long conservatives, but this was crossing the line". Many of them were adding that they "never liked the sumbitch anyway", and that they won't vote for him.

#FreeMattJones is now the top trending hashtag on Twitter in the US, and in the top 20 worldwide!

People outside of Kentucky don't realize just how big UK sports(basketball) is in the state, and Jones is the unofficial voice of the the Wildcats. Even though the election is a year away, it will be remembered because the election coincides with the begining of basketball season. McConnell fucked up, big-time.

McGrath will give McConnell a run for his money, but if Jones throws his hat in the ring, he'll win; no doubt.

#53 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 07 November 2019 - 06:20 PM

ooops, that didn't go as intended. ^^^

#54 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:25 PM

National media picking up the story:

https://www.newsweek...m_medium=Social

https://www.washingt...-gop-complaint/

#55 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 11:26 PM

Most would see it as hyperbole, but to Kentuckians, it is sacrilegious: Bevin proclaiming at the Trump rally that he/Trump is “better than the Final Four in terms of energy".

From a Beshear campaign ad:  Not from Kentucky, not for Kentucky.

https://video.twimg....Iy2k.mp4?tag=10

#56 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 09:39 PM

New commercial that started running today in Kentucky markets.

#57 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 08 November 2019 - 11:29 PM

^^^ The ad is a bit disingenuine, but I'll give it a pass. Kentucky used to be the largest supplier of coal in the nation, and many now don't understand why the industry has collapsed. A lot of folks, here, don't understand the engineering, or geology, of the industry; they don't understand that all of the easily mined coal beds were extracted over the last century, and what's left isn't really feasible to mine.

Why would a company invest in this: MFRVbIh.jpg

When they cam move production to extract this: UZI7Th2.jpg

^^^ and that is why coal production in the state is done.

#58 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 12:11 AM

Though the election is a year away, McGrath is capitalizing on McConnell's faux pas by also running ads in the state.

It should be noted that her war chest is significant...donations to her are even out performing some presidential candidates.

It will be close, but McConnell will be defeated in 2020. Mark my words!

#59 Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

Administrators

• Admin
  • 6,723 posts
  • LocationProvo Spain

Posted 10 November 2019 - 03:55 PM

I hope so ^^^

#60 Its Cousin

Its Cousin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,487 posts

Posted 14 November 2019 - 06:52 PM

Well, Bevin finally conceded the race, today. He has spent the last week and a half shouting about election fraud(guess he learned well from Trump, and be prepared in 2020 for the same shit on a massive level when Trump is defeated, if he isn't removed before then) while even his own party has told him to "put up, or shit up".

He paid for a recanvass, that today, increased Beshear's margin of victory. edit: The recanvass changed one vote-- a write in vote for the Libertarian candidate.

https://www.lex18.co...owing-recanvass

edit ll: muchos gracias, senior... after more than a week, the "Cocaine Mitch" commercials are still playing during all the news slots(morning, afternoon, evening, and late). I like it because it plays on the redneck's prejudices. Most, if not all, of the Republicans in this state have bought into Trump's racist bullshit about Hispanics... which is really fucked up because Kentucky is basically tobacco, horse industry, coal, and whiskey. Without immigrants, tobacco and this horse industry would fail; they are the workers that make those industries viable, but I digress, this state is full of racist motherfuckers, so the "muchos gracias, senior" in the commercial really touches a nerve.

If anyone wants to make a difference, next year, donate to the Ditch Mitch Fund, and let's keep the commercials on-air.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: politics, election, 2020, fuck that orange jackass

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users